5.0 out of 5 stars Self-Printed
I am working towards self-publishing a novel and I'm so glad I bought this book. It is literally packed full of useful information, from starting a blog to creating a cover (hint: don't do the cover yourself!) and everything in between. When the book is produced, Catherine then goes through how to sell it.

Catherine explains the self-publishing process the way...
Published on 16 Oct 2012 by Stacey Mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars Came highly recommended. Bit too long.
Came highly recommended. Bit too long and for a UK user the US tax stuff not needed. [ See comment below if you are UK writer selling books in US. Note USA market five times the size or more of UK] I am at the start of the self publishing process so will update this review as I go. For UK Mick Rooney's book takes some beating. Work in progress
Published 20 months ago by Alexander Kreator

5.0 out of 5 stars Self-Printed, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: Self-Printed: The Sane Person's Guide to Self-Publishing (2nd Edition) (Paperback)

Catherine explains the self-publishing process the way she did it, in which you take care of the bits you can do yourself, but realise what needs to be outsourced to other more qualified people - like the cover design and editing.

The best thing is that she takes you through the whole process step by step, and makes even the awkward bits seem accessible. And it's all injected with a healthy dose of realism (because no matter how nice it might be, we're not going to become millionaires overnight!). Reading this book is more like having a chat with a friend over a cup of coffee and a slice of cake.

I can't recommend this book enough for anyone who intends self-publishing, but wants to go about it properly and produce the best book they can - rather than something that screams "amateur" and puts people off.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book I refer to again and again, 26 Dec 2012
I purchased this book months ago and have used it umpteen times for various things that I've created, explored and tried along my self-publishing journey. Catherine's tongue in cheek humour kept me smiling through a book that, without it, would have been just the same as lots of 'how to do it' books.

I particularly found useful the way the sections were set out. I go back to them again and again. I've recently published another book on Kindle, created a Facebook page and website with Catherine's easy to follow guides. I reckon the advice and the instruction in this book has saved me hours so far and will continue to do so. Mel Sherratt, Taunting the Dead and The Estate Series.

5.0 out of 5 stars must read for self publishers, 2 Nov 2013
i could not put this book down. very funny. everything you need to know about getting yourself published and making it in the world of the social networking. be warned she very blunt. by the time you finish you cant help loving this author. she put me straight on all the things i was doing wrong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative book, 25 July 2013
I was recommended this book by a friend and am so glad I was. It is packed full of information relevant to self publishing and written in such a way its easy to understand. Catherine warns you of the pitfalls you may come against on the journey towards publication and helps you to negotiate your way along. Very helpful book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Came highly recommended. Bit too long., 14 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars An Essentiel Tool for anyone considering Self Publishing, 8 Feb 2013
A friend recommended Catherine's blog to me when she heard I was writing a book, I'm so glad she did. The blog is full of useful information, but I didn't have time to sift through it all. It's so useful that she's collated it all into this book. It's packed with lots of really useful information by someone who's been there and done it. It has saved me hours of time and given me the confidence to get out there and give it a go myself. Not only is it practical and useful, but it's funny too. Her playful personality make's it fun to read a subject that could be really boring. I've already started putting many of her suggestions into practice and am delighted at the results. If you're considering self-publishing buy it - you'll be glad you did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 Dec 2012
If you're even considering self publishing/printing, then this book is definitely for you. It cover all aspects, including social networks, writing, editing, covers, practically uploading your work to KDP and Smashwords, all the bits in between and all with a humorous dose of Catherine. It's a book I shall continue to go back through, even after reading it in full. Excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars Harsh, but true., 8 July 2014
A brutally realistic assessment of how little to expect from self-publishing, and how best to attempt to make that little as much as possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Easy Read, 6 July 2014
Although I am only half way through this book and therefore can't say how it worked out as a manual for self publishing, I do want to acknowledge that I am really enjoying it. I love the writing style of this author. The language is chatty. And the pictures are very useful. To finish, I want to say that I am fast losing the fear of going it alone. So thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Catherine's book helped me, 20 Jun 2014
I recommend this book to anyone trying to format and publish their own books, it is also very very funny!

Self-Printed: The Sane Person's Guide to Self-Publishing (2nd Edition)
Self-Printed: The Sane Person's Guide to Self-Publishing (2nd Edition) by Catherine Ryan Howard (Paperback - 14 Sep 2012)
Used & New from: £964.02