on 11 May 2014
This book is excellent for newer students, especially 1st & 2nd year. It gives clear insight into how to get ahead at university both academically and socially. I've always struggled with exams! So the most useful part of the book for me was the chapter on Exams. It gives the student some great tips and techniques for getting higher marks. I'm studying my masters now and still use the technique 'blind testing' as my favourite method for exxam prep.

Overall a highly recommended read for any student!!
on 27 December 2013
I bought this book because of the numerous good reviews; however I have been completely disappointed by it. I am currently studying for a BSc Economics at the University of Nottingham and am on track for a first.

Firstly it is a WASTE OF MONEY; the price does not reflect the quality of the material. This is the first time in my life when I have felt that I've actually been scammed, because this book offers so little, but had promised so much.

The whole feel of the book is as if some guys have got together one evening and wrote a book there and then, literally no thought has gone into writing this book. It offers advice like listen and make notes in lectures and drink water before you go to bed when you drink alcohol, because this will reduce your hangover.... I mean come on.

Overall this book has been HEAVILY MARKETED as being something that can give you success at university, but I believe in the long-run this book is going to be found out for what it really is, something that has been put together cheaply with little thought about its contents.

This book will not make you succeed in university or help you to get a first. Don't be tricked into thinking this, it is a marketing scam.

If you do need help in organizing your thoughts about university there are plenty of free materials available online offering advice in regards to studying and living whilst at university, by just typing in e.g. "study tips" into google! I hope this review helps you! :)
on 2 November 2014
Worth a read. A solid guide to studying at university with plenty of helpful advice. There's nothing groundbreaking, but plenty of solid material on coursework, study and exam skills to push me in the right direction. I wish I had read this in my first year to put it to full effect! The authors seemed to have the university lifestyle to a tee, you can learn from them
on 26 February 2012
A charming approach to a successful university degree and life. A perfect read for new undergrads or the unique gift for students. Thoroughly enjoyed the book and wished this had been available when I was a student - I would have embarked university with a different thought process.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!
on 7 January 2013
Okay, but it's pretty standard stuff, essentially what my lecturers have been saying the whole time anyway! So not much new, if you aren't switched off in lectures or have read any books of this kind before i wouldn't buy it because most of its pretty obvious. But its okay, worth a read i guess...
on 28 April 2012
Teaching university students myself, i recommended this book to several students who felt that they could not have both a busy social life whilst still maintaining their grades at university. They thought they would be happy with 2.1 degrees so that they could make the most of university socially. However this book showed them that it is definitely possible to gain top university marks and participate in all social aspects of campus life. A great read, and well done for showing us how its done!
on 7 December 2014
This looks an interesting book, an ideal Christmas gift for my friend's son who is off to university in February in Australia. Hope he likes it!
on 23 February 2012
An essential guide for any student or parent. Taking you to understand university life like no other book. Stongly recommended - a MUST HAVE!
on 22 February 2012
Interesting read. An intriguing insight into life at University. Great book for the money paid and highly recommended to anyone starting Uni!
on 18 January 2016
Loved this book really helped me formulate my essay with amazing results from tutors at University level study.