5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!
After deciding that I was put on this earth to do more than line my Director's pockets each month, I decided to look at alternative career options and the joining the Police seemed like a viable alternative to my current mundane 9-6 existence. I purchased this book to gain a brief insight into what life as a Police Officer would entail.

The book is brilliant,...
Published 14 months ago by Lucky Star

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative and interesting
Slightly jokey but fundamentally serious and probably accurate book about what it is really like in the police force. Rather poor proof reading though with quite a few typos -fixing these would be easy and make it seem much more professional.
Published on 21 Oct. 2012 by Helen

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Nov. 2012
This review is from: I Pay Your Wages! A Beginners Guide to the Police Service (Paperback)
Got this as an Amazon freebie but would recommend it. Gives a good insight into the life of a police officer. Have discussed this with police officer friends and yes it is pretty true to life. Very tongue in cheek which I have a feeling one reviewer missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating, engaging and genuinely funny, 23 Jan. 2015
I bought this book for writer's research purposes, because I wanted the chapters of my novel which concern the police force to be as convincing and realistic as possible. Once I started reading, it became much more than a research tool. I couldn’t put it down. PC Surname is an experienced front line police officer, and his book is fascinating, full of information about what being a police officer is really like on the streets of Britain. Some of the stories are moving or sad, others are hilariously funny. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in policing, whether you’d like to join up, or, like me, you’re a writer researching your own book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thumbs up, 5 Nov. 2012
Very informative reading but still entertaining and humorous, good to hear about the police force without the cencorship and over dramatisation that you see on t.v

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern Policing and how they are restricted, 25 Dec. 2013
Was a good read of how it has to be done in this day and Age. They are so restricted in the Job

3.0 out of 5 stars More of a joining the Police guide than anecdotal, 25 Nov. 2013
I only gave this book 3 stars as I purchased it thinking it was a collection of funny stories, however it is more of a guide of what to expect if you join Plod with a few funnies thrown in. Having said that it's well written and informative. Note to self that I should read the reviews before purchasing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy it., 25 April 2015
A brilliant look into the life on a new officer, it goes into great detail without overloading you with unnecessary bits. Only suggestion would be more on the application process, I understand you can't give too much away about it but just some hints and tips may be?

5.0 out of 5 stars Spot on, 9 Oct. 2013
"Couldnt have put it better myself....fantastically written, will def recommend:)" My partner has laughed out loud continuously whilst reading this. As a fellow PC, cant get better than that:"D

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative, 10 Dec. 2012
Anyone wanting to know about modern policing should read this. Easy to read and informative, and up to date. Honest opinions readily expressed.

4.0 out of 5 stars nice, 11 Oct. 2013
What can only be described as nice and humorously rose coloured. Well written and funny insight but where is the violence the culture of corruption and dishonesty at every turn. Potential recruits read The Biggest Gang In Britain and the sequel Fifty Shades of Black 'n' Blue( out xmas 2013) An existing culture in the 60s and 70s and still exists. Look at the You Tube...goes theatrical. It is still a great read.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not reflective of the service I know., 18 Dec. 2014
I wish I had read the one star reviews in advance. I only got 11% into the book and I couldn't stand the anti working class rant.

I Pay Your Wages! A Beginners Guide to the Police Service
I Pay Your Wages! A Beginners Guide to the Police Service by PC Surname (Paperback - 22 Aug. 2012)