I was given an e-copy in exchange for my honest review. Right before reading it, I noticed that it was a free download, so I downloaded a copy to be sure that I had the most current edition.

The story begins with Peter getting ready to stay the night in a graveyard. Later we find out that it was due to a dare by one of the kids that pick on Peter. During his stay, strange noises are heard and Peter begins to worry about what is out there with him. Peter disappears. His one friend joins a few other kids and an older gentleman in the search for Peter (one of the kids happens to be the officers son that is working on the missing person case) and what cased his disappearance. During the same time, special M16 operatives are investigating meteor landing sites, and the strange activities that are happening in those areas.

When I first started the book, it seemed to be aimed for children (9-12) range, but part way through the book, it seemed to switch over for young adults. There were several editing issues and run on sentences throughout the book. I must admit that it seemed to take forever to get through the first half because of the writing style and issues, I just couldn't get into the book. After I hit the half way mark, the writing style and storyline switched tracks, and I became a little more interested. I am sure it would be much better with more editing and structure. The book does have a good plot.

Even though I had an had issue with the first half of the book, I am still interested to know what happens in the end. Still not sure if I am interested in purchasing the rest of the series to find out or not.

Originally posted on The Mystical World of Book Reviews.
on 14 August 2012
This book was a really nice surprise the book was really well written and had such rich detail that made the book shine and come to life. While I would have loved the book to have been longer (did not want the book to end) I felt the author packed the book with everything I needed...Action, mystery great adventure and lots more that I was hooked.

While some of the books I read have a really slow start this book was different the book had a spooky and chilling start that begged you to continue reading while you prayed the characters would be alright. The characters were well thought out and easy to read about as they made the book that much more interesting and exciting.

When I look back at the book I find that I see it like an amazing jigsaw that slowly come together as you read along. The whole way I was at the edge of your seat waiting for the next piece to fall into place and find out what happened next and I'm so pleased I read the book because it was so different unlike anything i had read before and now i just want more!

I gave this book 5 stars and I can't wait to see what the author writes next.
on 12 July 2012
I enjoyed reading this book even though I didn't think it was my usual read. This author shows a lively imagination which will appeal to fans of sci.fi and mystery followers. I will look forward to the sequels when they are published.
on 9 August 2012
Enjoyed reading this book Could not put it down well written keeps you interestrd excellent for teenagers and adults
My grandson recomended it be taken into the school libary I look forward to the next one Wll DoneThe Moon Stealers and The Quest for the Silver Bough: 1