Published on 29 May 2012 by V. Madison

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful grammar.
The ethics behind this book are great but I am simply gobsmacked that it's got to publication because of the awful grammar, sometimes making it hard to read.
Published 2 months ago by Lucie Elizabeth

5.0 out of 5 stars I WAS CYNICAL ABOUT THIS BOOK...BUT NOW I'M WRITING A REVIEW..., 29 May 2012
Hi! I'm very cynical about self-improvement books. I have bought quite a few over the years (and there is a part of me that really wants them to help me) but I am often left disappointed. I have the feeling that "it might work for you" but you don't know what stuff is happening in my life! This book has been a revelation (okay, I didn't see angels and hear twinkly music) but this book has concrete, genuine tools that can help a person love themselves more than they do right now.

I was attracted to the book because the cover is not a cheesy-looking field of flowers with happy people running. The cover and title gave me an inkling that this book might be for the modern man. With such a low price, I thought it was worth a go. As I hope you can tell, I'm so pleased that I did buy it.

The book takes you through different ideas that can help you transform your relationship with yourself. The chapter entitled "Mental Loop" helped me finally understand how to use a positive mantra like "I love myself." Before you say to yourself that a mantra like that is nothing new, I guarantee that the book offers it up in a way that will actually make a difference in your life. I also recommend the chapter entitled "Oxygen" -- simple yet fierce.

Highly recommended to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book..., 31 Aug 2013
...for those who will understand its concepts. If you expect some theoretical blah blah blah don't buy this book. If you need a practical solution and something to get you motivated on changing a very important aspect of your life, go on and buy it.

The concepts included might sound magical, promising and difficult for some to believe. However, check with an NLP or life coach and he/she will explain you why these concepts are working 100% and are effective.

Thank you for this great book and sharing your experience with us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Short, clear, succinct and poignant., 12 Sep 2013
A real keeping book, one to re read. Really enjoyed it, it was truly from the heart. Simple exercises to follow that can be done anywhere and anytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply; enjoyable to read, 25 Sep 2013
Mr. A. J. McAuley (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This was a really enjoyable read. To put it simply, this book shows you:
- how to be far more comfortable with yourself
- how to deal with external situations you don't appreciate
and how to have a good time, as much of the time as possible.

The beauty of this book lies in its simplicity: Love Yourself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Depression, 4 Oct 2013
A balanced perspective of learning to cope with depression and learning self worth
Not the complete answer but a start

5.0 out of 5 stars A life changing read, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It (Paperback)
I can't remember how I stumbled across this book but I'm a firm believer that each important book that makes a significant difference to our life arrives in our hands at the exact moment it is meant. I found it to be a book of the utmost importance for me but it turned out to be the second read through which was roughly 5 months after the first time that I truly listened.
For me, my outlook has always been that the main point to our life was not to learn how to love ourselves but to remember how we once did. I totally agree that you have to love yourself first before you can be of any benefit to anyone else.
This book is so valid in so many ways, not just the importance of continually affirming that self love but also there was much wisdom to be found in the info about the perception of the human mind (the rather radical schizophrenia treatment).
So, I read it the first time, agreed with much of it, finished it and put it back on my bookshelf. Then, months later I had re-embraced meditation after finding some short but profoundly spiritual meditations on you tube (in the past I used cd's but I would commit then for a while drift away as they were too long and sometimes, to be honest, a little boring. Anyway, while listening to one of these I had a breakthrough. In the meditation you have to repeat affirmations such as 'I am peace. I am success' etc. Now, in the past I had read books such as 'the secret' and I too believed that if only I could just shake this secret feeling of being somehow 'not good enough', if i could truly believe I had certain things then they would materialise, kind of like the 'say thank you as if you had already received it'. Well, there lies the key word, 'as if''. It is almost along the lines of fake it until you make it. I now know this was the wrong way, well, for me at least, because as I was repeating the affirmations (trying to fight the predictable stomach clench of resistance and unworthiness when making statements such as 'I am wealth'. As I said one, something shifted and I understood in that moment that I didn't have to strive for wealth or health or peace or success or anything outside of myself, that I was already all of those things. I saw that we don't have to look outside for anything. (I completely understand we are having a physical experience but that is how it felt..'
So, a few days later I grabbed this book again and read it, yet this time it wasn't just ' yeah that makes sense'. It was more like 'Ahhh, here is another piece of the jigsaw. Someone else's review said that this book was't the whole answer but part of it' and I wholeheartedly agree but I feel these are 2 big pieces of the jigsaw. Firstly, listen to what he says, love yourself, and mean it. This morning I woke up with a horrendous hangover. I felt truly awful. In the past i would have berated myself with that inner voice, this time I said out loud 'I love myself even when I have a hangover. I love myself even though I ate crap food' and I meant it, I wasn't just kidding myself. I still love my daughter fiercely when she stumbles. I love my soul mate whether he makes bad decisions or not, whether he drank the whole glass or the whole bottle, so why not extend the same courtesy to myself?
Kamal is right when he says 'meditate. meditate. meditate.' It takes you closer to home. It changes your brainwaves or something and suddenly I find I instead of freaking out at so called 'bad news', even if it's major, I think, 'Ok, where are the pearls of wisdom to be found in this situation, this tragedy, this pain? And you know what? I always find the gift. So, yeah it is an important book. I apologise if I have meandered through this review but the author is right. Love yourself, meditate and accept everything that happens because there is a reason and it is fighting it that causes the pain. There really is a place you can go where you are flying so high that you see everything differently. I don't say that lightly or contritely. I say it as someone who has been in the depths of crippling depression, who has had her fair share of personal tragedies, and yet I focus on the pearls. This book is one of those pearls x

5.0 out of 5 stars SOMETIMES ITS THE SIMPLE THINGS THAT ARE THE MOST EFFECTIVE..., 10 Feb 2013
Carol 'avid little bookworm' (LEEDS, Yorkshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
and I think this is one of those times. The essence of this book is just two simple words love yourself. But it's not enough to just say these words; we have to continually work towards this goal.

Kamal Ravikant writes about his experience, going from what he calls `breaking point' a life in darkness to a complete, fulfilled and happy life, and he shares with us how he did this. Maybe, if you haven't been there yourself it could be hard to grasp the concept of this book, but if you have and you can relate to this then this book is quite literally capable of changing your life beyond recognition.

I've always believed in the power of the mind, and also that, if we allow it to, it can cause us real pain and confusion. This is what Kamal Ravikant addresses ~ as he puts it "the mind left to itself, repeats the same stories, the same loops. Mostly, ones that don't serve us.

He admits that in the beginning when he started repeating over and over again `I love myself' he didn't even believe it. But the mind does not know that, it just works on the data we feed it. It gently shifts your focus from wherever you are - whether it's anger or pain or fear, any form of darkness - to where you want to be, your mind and body has no choice but to follow. Try it, it really does work. Again, as Kamal Ravikant puts it ~ `reinforce the connections between the neurons. The mind already has a strong wiring for love and the body knows it'.

Think about the huge problems with mental health issues in these modern times of stress and anxiety. `We think we're thinking when in fact we're remembering... re-running negative thoughts over and over again'. I decided to make a conscious effort to stop this and when I felt a negative thought pass through my mind, replace it with the `I love myself' affirmation. It really does calm the body and mind and make things feel better. As the author puts it `this is a practice. You don't go to the gym once and consider yourself done........... loving yourself, perhaps the most important of all, is a practice'.

Kamal was extremely brave to share his experience, at a time when he worried it could do untold damage to his business and his credibility and I for one, commend him for that.

Keep this thought in mind, until you learn to love yourself you will never know how to really love other people. I highly recommend this book, especially to people who are open to the concept of the power of the mind, particularly to heal when properly directed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A simple and powerful message to transform your life, 28 May 2012
Kamal's message is powerful and timeless and something all of us can benefit from. How much better would our lives be if we lived them from a position of self love and compassion? The book teaches how to create feelings of love for yourself using some simple exercises and shows how wonderful things will then happen to you, things you wouldn't have even imagined possible before. And Kamal's life itself is a prime example of what lies in store for someone when they truly and deeply love themselves.

I originally bought the Kindle version of this book and was blown away buy it! I read it on my laptop but wanted a copy to keep close at hand to read when I ever want to.

2.0 out of 5 stars Awful grammar., 15 Jun 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A how-to manual for people in fox holes, 7 July 2012
This review is from: Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It (Paperback)
This book gives advice on what to do when you feel like you've reached the end of the road.

It's written by someone who's been there and has come out the other side. Kamal speaks straight from the heart and his message is beautifully simple and full of hope. Writing clearly and without any mumbo-jumbo, he presents a series of simple exercises to help you bring balance back to your life.

I read this book in one sitting - it's such a compelling read.

Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It
Love Yourself Like Your Life Depends On It by Kamal Ravikant (Paperback - 6 July 2012)
3.99