5.0 out of 5 stars make sure you have time you will not put it down
Absolutely fantastic too gripping.Read in two days could not put it down love to read more or see a blockbuster film made best book I have ever read
Published 2 months ago by mr m j mason

3.0 out of 5 stars Part 2 is a shorter offering
Published 10 months ago by Sussman

3.0 out of 5 stars Part 2 is a shorter offering, 22 Oct 2013
Sussman "Sussman" (London CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Dark Days (Apocalypse Z) (Paperback)
Unless I am mistaken this is part two of, what I gather is going to be a three part series of books. While I enjoyed book one immensely I agree with `R.K. Price' review that this narrative just seems to abruptly end - I can understand the need for `cliff hangers' and similar plot devices, but this book seems to be half the length of the first with a somewhat confusing start that centres on the human enclave in the Canaries. The narrative feels `less fleshed out' - no pun intended. I am not going to say I didn't enjoy the book, but on the other hand it was not a good sequel. This is all rather disappointing in my opinion. I will look out for book three and really hope the narrative, pace and details are closer to the first book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 25 Dec 2013
N. Offer (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Days (Apocalypse Z) (Paperback)
The first book was reasonably good, although I was hoping that the main charcater would get more of a back bone in this installment. Unfortunately he continues to be an emotional wreck.

There were just too many cliches about what a post acopolyptic world will be like to enjoy this book. It never fails to exasperate me how authors manage to turn human society against itself in the midst of an outbreak of the undead. Surely they could find enough to write about with human survival against the undead? Or at least a half plausible story line.

3.0 out of 5 stars what the hell!, 20 Oct 2013
What seems like half way thru this story you come to the end. What the hell? How utterly annoying. Hhhhh

2.0 out of 5 stars Compared to the first it's a letdown..., 2 Sep 2014
Frattonlad (Portsmouth, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This is, despite my two-star rating, a pretty decent, if short, read.

The rating is low only as this title needs to be considered alongside it's predecessor. The first iin the trilogy was a little gem. A powerhouse of post-apocalyptic action. Sure zombies are the in thing at the moment and sure there are plenty of books in the genre but this Spain-set tale was intriguing with characters you could care about.

Sadly, the first was such a great little read the second book falls away a little. The blog/diary approach is dropped in favour of (mostly) first person narrative. There are occasional chapters which move away from the lead in order to flesh out the plot and they, on the whole work.

What disappoints me, I guess, is the lack of urgency. The first book was about moving, moving, moving. All the while evading the undead. This one is different and has many more elements which sometimes bog down the plot and sometimes seem like they are shoe-horned in.

Like the other reviewer I felt the budding romance was a touch seedy not to mention unnecessary (it's almost as if Loureiro was thinking 'Hollywood' as he wrote it) given the plentiful action.

If you've read the first you'll want to read this (and if you haven't go and read it first) but you may find it leaving you unsatisfied.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Dark Days (Apocalypse Z) (Paperback)
I ordered this as soon as I saw it would be available on Amazon and couldn't wait to read it. Just to be clear, I am a massive fan of the first book which I thought was absolutely superb and still do. I've read it countless times and would recommend it to anyone. I strongly believe it should be made into a film as I think it would kick World War Z into touch.

And then we have this follow up.

It started off okay and we found out a bit about the origin of the virus but then it just started to spiral down. It is very hard to write a review on this without giving too much of the plot away. I just felt it lurched off into events that didn't gel with the characters in the first story. Also did he actually get married to Lucia? The relationship between them was just glossed over more. The events with guard of the boat again seem too far-fetched as with security at the hospital. Also most of the situations, the escapes were of the unbelievable 'Deus ex machina' types which after the seventh or eighth time become a bit wearing.

I'd like to see first one made into a film and then believe they should stop there as this sequel was just disappointing. I know no matter what I'll still buy the final part of the trilogy as I really hope he manages to tie it all together. I guess I'll just have to keep an open mind it works as we know what a great writer he can be. Fingers crossed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing drivel, 16 Nov 2013
I was eagerly anticiping the sequel, having enjoyed the first one so much - what a waste of time this book is! Everything that made the first so gripping- the narrative style, the protagonist's character, the zombies- is absent in this. The zombies aren't even the main threat, the whole Froilist sub plot is tedious and silly, the other characters simple charicatures behaving ridiculously to drive the feeble plot...I struggled to the end, which left me bemused- a possible 2nd sequel set up, but to be honest, I won't bother with that. If you read the first,leave it at that, this just spoils things.

3.0 out of 5 stars Weird ending!, 16 Aug 2014
After the first book I was really looking forward to reading this sequel. Unfortunately it's not as good as the first but is still worth a read if like me you enjoyed the first book. Having said that the ending is too abrupt and it feels like you are only getting half a book here.
l will be reading the next instalment to see how Loureiro is going to tie up the loose ends...

5.0 out of 5 stars make sure you have time you will not put it down, 28 Jun 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Lose the cat !!, 23 Jun 2014
Great read, enjoyed it, a bit predicable... And seriously lose the cat... But all in all it it is what it is

5.0 out of 5 stars great story, 10 May 2014
good read keeps you turning the page fast paced. well thought out and good to see there are more to follow

Dark Days (Apocalypse Z)
Dark Days (Apocalypse Z) by Manel Loureiro (Paperback - 8 Oct 2013)
7.16