5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it
After reading Beautiful Disaster and Thoughtless/Effortless i wasnt sure any other book would measure up to the still these books had been written but then The Mighty Storm was recommended to me on another review ..... WOW, I could put it down, I read it in less than 24 hours only managing to persuade myself to sleep otherwise I wouldnt be able to function with children...
Published 19 months ago by Bookworm1974

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings
This book has mixed reviews amongst my friends so I did not know what to expect from it so I guess it is fitting that I have mixed feelings about it too. In places I really enjoyed it and in others not so much even going as far as skimming a few pages particulary at the ending. The main reason that this book didn't do it for me was that I disliked the Tru. For me she...
Published 18 months ago by Claire's Book Corner

‹ Previous | 135 36 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Butterflies and hurricanes!! (Blush!!) (Sigh!!), 26 Aug 2012
Amazon Customer (Bolton, Nr Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
Contemporary romance - OK, not my usual choice of reading material. But come on!! Its Samantha Towle!! So it's an automatic 5 star?? Nothing automatic about it!! This 5 star is totally blood sweat and tears EARNED!!
O! M! F! G! The plot? - Childhood next door neighbours/best friends who meet up again to rekindle that friendship in a very adult way. Oh, and one half of the friends is now a world-famous rock star .....You want more already?!!
The characters? - Oh, I could have quite happily screamed at Tru a few times but I think we're friends now!! Jake is more than a handful.....!! Totally pin-up material!! (Blush!!) (Sigh!!) And Stuart? I need to get me one of those!! The ultimate fixer and 'go-to' man, the only 'safe' man-friend for a girl!! Then there's Simone, Denny, Tom, oh and Will!! You want more already?!!
The music? Adele, Johnny Cash, The Rolling Stones....? All staples on the roller coaster of emotions in life and love!! You want more already?!!
YOU WANT MORE ALREADY?!! THEN BUY THE BOOK AND READ IT!!
*****BE WARNED - ITS TOTALLY UNPUTDOWNABLE, ALL CONSUMING, AN EXCEEDINGLY ENTHRALLING READ!! *****

5.0 out of 5 stars I want to tame The Mighty Storm that is Jake Wethers, 25 Aug 2012
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
I have been waiting what seems an eternity for this book and I got a day off work to read it and was stalking Amazon from the go live date..... Was it worth the wait and the hours holiday?? Abso-******-loutely......

Tru is a really great character who is very realistic, but she is very frustrating at times and she is a serial procrastinator when it comes to her decison making. But her inner-dialouges were so funny and I found myself thinking, yeah thats what I would do/think in that situation and most probably not say it loud. Her constant wavering nearly gave me an anxiety attack "I THINK, I DON'T KNOW, CRAP." But it is also what I loved about her, she didn't go into this situation totally void of guilt, however, I had made my choice from the start.... JAKE.

Jake is the confident one! Sexy, flirty, lovebale, endearing, did I mention sex on legs with a gorgeous body and rocking tattoos? Jake has no problems with saying what is on his mind, often without thinking or thinking way too much. I fell for Jake hard in The Mighty Storm, he definately has a way with words and making his feelings known. To the point where I was feeling my whole body (head down to my tippy toes) tingle with love and excitement.

Rarely does a book scar me. Infact there were three, and now four!! and what do they all have in common? Bad guys who are not reallt bad guys, they want to be good. I must have a complex because I want to be the one who tames them.

Samantha Towle you have done it again, an un-putadownable book, that made me laugh out loud, cry and want to chuck my kindle in frustration. Jake is now furthers carved onto my list (or should a say bed post) along with Nathan right at the top.

2.0 out of 5 stars So promising but in the end, a let-down, 25 Oct 2012
UnderCovers (Dublin, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
I loved the idea of this book - childhood friends meet up in later life with chemistry ten times hotter, he's a bad boy rock star and she's the only one that'll hold his attention...

But I got whiplash from the about-turns of Tru, the female lead. She was terribly annoying, dumping Jake forever one minute, sprinting back into his arms the next... I got bored to death of her conflicted feelings for her old boyfriend and Jake, and how she could be so highly principled on Tuesday and then bin her whole life for Jake by Thursday. The ending was a bit ridiculous too: her final about-turn was spectacularly unbelievable.

Most disappointingly Jake seemed to be completely emasculated once they got together, a whimpering puppy rather than a strong male lead. I was left feeling at the end like they had a few years of a totally disastrous relationship to look forward to.

The spelling, grammar, punctuation etc were also dismal - seriously, why do authors think that just because a book is on Kindle it doesn't need PROOFREADING??? It was all rather a let-down but I give it 2 stars for a good background story idea and some good chemistry at the beginning.

4.0 out of 5 stars This book is as good as all the other reviews, I haven't been able to put it down yet!, 17 Dec 2013
Great read, very easy to get to know all the characters from the beginning, I haven't been able to put it down yet!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 28 April 2013
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this book, it did remind me of others I have read it Times but really enjoyed it just the same as the rest I would read book 2 if it ever calmed out

4.0 out of 5 stars A battle to survive each other, 27 April 2013
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
Well talk about indecision!
Tru sure didn't know her own mind half the time, great story, kept me gripped, I felt sorry for Jake most of the time but he was pretty self destructive

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 23 April 2013
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
I love this book & i really truly enjoyed reading it. Can't wait for next book wethering the storm in august.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 23 April 2013
Nickyliz (scotland,.NL.UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
What an excellent story :) I think I went through every emotion reading this book , I'm not really one for cheating but the way Samantha writes this book you can over look it. An amazing story buy it you won't be disappointed :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 23 April 2013
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
I have thoroughly enjoyed all of this book, the relationship between Tru and Jake has been an emotional rollercoaster, I don't think I took a breath at some points. Definitely recommended and enjoy :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Bookworm, 22 April 2013
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
This story takes so many twists and turns into the life of a superstar and the woman he loves and let's down and how they overcome all their problems.

‹ Previous | 135 36 37 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xf82b9e4)

The Mighty Storm (The Storm Series)
The Mighty Storm (The Storm Series) by Samantha Towle (Paperback - 20 Aug 2013)
7.64