5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings
Published on 17 Oct. 2012 by Claire's Book Corner

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 3 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
After reading Beautiful Disaster and Thoughtless/Effortless i wasnt sure any other book would measure up to the still these books had been written but then The Mighty Storm was recommended to me on another review ..... WOW, I could put it down, I read it in less than 24 hours only managing to persuade myself to sleep otherwise I wouldnt be able to function with children still at home during school summer holidays ! If you liked BD and the Kellan series then this book is definately for you ! Totally worth 5 stars :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST BOOK EVER!!!, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
Oh wow. This book is totally AMAZING. It's sexy, emotional, funny, emotional, gritty, emotional, oh and did I mention, emotional??? I couldn't put it down - my house now looks like a squat from all the housework I've ignored. And my mascara is all over my face from the crying that I just couldn't stop for the life of me! It's the best book I've read in a LONG time and will happily read it again in the future. I rarely buy books because there are so many free ones available, but I liked the sound of this one and noted all the brilliant reviews. I really wasn't disappointed! What a belter. Do yourself a favour and buy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, beautiful love story!, 13 Sept. 2012
N. Allie "Tash" (West sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
It's very rare that I come across a book I can't put down. This book grabbed my attention from the start and I loved the relationship between Jake and Tru. I found myself getting involved with the characters and shouting at Tru at the end! Can't wait for the next one. Well done, great read xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!!, 15 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
This book had me laughing and almost crying. I loved the main characters Tru and Jake and really felt their pain and happiness due to the author's great descriptive writing. Jake sounds absolutely gorgeous and has a vulnerability about him that makes you swoon!!
Fab read and so well written, I couldn't put it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars great read, 3 Dec. 2012
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
loved this book, wish it would have had another twist with will as his part in the story wasn't as exciting as it could have been! although it was still a great read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 17 Oct. 2012
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
This book has mixed reviews amongst my friends so I did not know what to expect from it so I guess it is fitting that I have mixed feelings about it too. In places I really enjoyed it and in others not so much even going as far as skimming a few pages particulary at the ending. The main reason that this book didn't do it for me was that I disliked the Tru. For me she came across as annoying and materialistic. I also didn't like her cheating on her boyfriend only to dither about what she had done and her actions after the event. Get a grip Tru and be responsible for what you have done. The parts where I did like this book involved Jake. I liked his character and troubled past but I don't know how he put with Tru. I also liked the sexy scenes with Tru and Jake which were hot.

I won't go into the ending as I don't want to give away spoilers however I thought it was silly as was how Tru handled it. You could see what was going to happen a mile off. Again this is another predictable book. Will someone out there please write something we don't expect? Because of my feelings for Tru I would give this book 1.5 stars however because of my love for Jake I will give it 3 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic series, 15 April 2015
For all that s holy, I could not put this Beauty down.

We have Jake Whethers, all round heart throb, hunky, tattooed bad boy rock star and Trudy Bennett, innocent, beautiful, cute but no so sweet writer.

They were best friends until 12 years ago, when Jake went to USA with his parents, promising to stay in touch but of course this does not go as planned.

Jake goes onto become this rock God, at the top of the game, with 3 best friends after he moved to the US. Trudy goes to University and carves a career at a local upcoming Magazine, living her life with her best friend Simone and boyfriend Will.

I honestly thought her time with Will was doomed, before she had her meeting with Jake, for the magazine, something felt off, and we soon learn why. Trudy soon learns that she has to do an Interview with her very famous old best friend, after 1 years apart. The electricity was immediate; Trudy was a nervous wreck, and our first introduction with Jake, he comes over unfazed, although you got hints that he was not as composed as he made out.

There was only really one outcome for these two, after their reunion.

Oh Boy! I was feeling all the emotion and feelings that Trudy was; the internal arguments with herself, letting herself be swept away by the handsome Rock God, but with the added heartbreak and inner turmoil of her current situation.

They certainly had a passionate relationship, before it even got to that stage, they both had years of pent up feelings, and boy did they work well together, they were off the charts HOT!

Tru was working on Jake's Bio and thought she could do the Tour and hope to get their friendship back, when in reality she was getting a whole lot more than she realised.

I felt sorry for Will, and maybe he should have realised, or he did realise but there was nothing he could do. It was hard when the truth came out, but unavoidable.

You knew full well that this was not going to be a ride off into the sunset Happy Ever After, Jake and Tru were so good together and for each other they had it all, but also nothing at all.

I loved how sexy they were together, but at the same time they seemed to keep each other grounded.

I have not read a book in a long time where I could not stop thinking about the characters, you had me snatching reading time even when at work.

Can not wait to read how they are getting on, I hope its not as antsy as this one, but for one moment I don't think it all going t be a smooth journey.

Awe..... Reading Jake's POV about their reunion Interview, so cute, he was just as nervous as she was. I am glad we got to see his perspective.

Have really loved getting to know these two, cant wait for the next installment.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 21 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
If you loved beautiful disaster u will love this the characters in this book are so likeable and you end up falling in love with the story the love that jake has for his one true love tru is so strong after not seeing each other for 12 years after jake moves away when they see each other again the sparks begin to fly the book has lots of ups and downs you won't be able to put this book down it took me 24 hours to read it couldn't put it down this is a must read and recommend it completley enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars the mighty storm by samantha towle, 10 Sept. 2012
This review is from: The Mighty Storm (Kindle Edition)
If you ever only read one book, make sure it is this.
Omg what a fab read, could not put it down, so many emotions running round
Samantha has a way of writing , that makes you feel she is talking to you alone,
while sat having a coffee , in a relaxing chair.
she pulls you in and takes over.
Cant wait for her next book, and it wont come out soon enough for me

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rock star book, 9 April 2015
Loved this! Jake and Trudy were childhood friends, separated when Jake's family moved to America when he was 14. He's now a world famous rock star, and in London preparing and doing interviews for his bands tour. Trudy, or Tru, is now a music journalist. And her boss has organised an interview with Jake. And so the childhood friends are reunited.

I liked the storyline, it was well written, the characters likable, and developed. I laughed, I cried, and I felt for the characters. Jake has had a tough time. He's a bit broken. He knows what he wants, and is not afraid to go after it. Trudy is balanced and stable - a typical twenty something. It's believable. All written from Trudy's pov, with a bonus scene at the end written from Jake's pov. I liked the way Trudy would 'argue' with herself when she was torn between doing one thing, or another.
I've had this book waiting to be read for a little while now, and I can't believe it took so long to get to it. It certainly won't be long before I carry on with the rest of TMS series.

The Mighty Storm (The Storm series)
The Mighty Storm (The Storm series) by Samantha Towle (Paperback - 20 Aug. 2013)