5.0 out of 5 stars Touched me....so much more then a diet book.
I have been trying to lose weight for a couple of years and have become quite a diet book junkie. As I have continued to buy more books, you can deduce that non have worked so far! I am now ashamed to say that I was originaly drawn to this book by the low Kindle price but I can now say that it is worth so so so much more.

I have for a while decided that low...
Published on 11 Jun 2012 by Camsmom

3.0 out of 5 stars Too .............
This book contains interesting information and I'm sure is based on sound principles, but for me the motivational hyperbole was unbearable.
Published 13 months ago by Nicholas

5.0 out of 5 stars Touched me....so much more then a diet book., 11 Jun 2012

I have for a while decided that low carb is probably the way forward,but have somehow never fully grasped the why's and hows, so have fallen flat again and again. This books explains it all in such a way ,that I now understand completely why this works and see that it is the way our bodies have been desperate for us to *return* to eating.
From the first few chapters, I have changed the way I eat already without any will power or force. You will just understand what your body wants and all cravings have gone.You will also discover the way we have all been sold down the river by polititions and big food companies, who in the interest of increasing profits, sold us a completely false set of healthy eating guidelines which have ruined the life and future of millions. This knowledge alone made me so angry I was determined to not be another one of their victims.

The second part of the book will guide you by the hand back to places and things we have forgotten about but feel like home when you get there. I feel like my outlook of life has changed for the better and for good. It is something you must read for yourself.

Lastly, all this is done with wisdom, fun and great humour! I laughed out loud loads of times and was really sad when I finished it. Please John, write some more books! I miss you! x

5.0 out of 5 stars An outstanding, wonderful book that EVERYONE should read!, 21 April 2012
I. Rowland "ianzin" (London) - See all my reviews
If you want to know how to lose weight, this is an essential, wonderful book.

If you just want to get back 'in touch' with your body, with a view to being healthier, fitter and happier, this is an essential, wonderful book.

If you are interested in personal development, and want to go on your own journey towards your goals and dreams, this is an essential, wonderful book.

In short, I just can't recommend it highly enough. You have never read a book like this before, because no-one has ever written a book like this before. It's enjoyable and easy-to-read, yet it will transform your understanding of many things (food, health, fitness, the mind... and much else besides) and keep you entertained at the same time!

The first part is primarily about weight loss, and how to achieve your ideal weight. I have read countless books on this subject, and this is one of the very best ever written. It's fun, easy to read and easy to understand. It isn't about going on a special diet or trying to develop stronger willpower. It isn't full of latest food fads and daft suggestions. It's about understanding the problem in a way you have never understood it before, and realising how your body works, how you became overweight in the first place, and how you can undo the damage (permanently) in the best, easiest and healthiest way possible. I doubt this subject has ever been explained more clearly or more successfully.

The second part is about life, self-fulfilment, changing negative behaviours into positive ones and joy. Some may see it as a sort of spiritual text, others will appreciate it in a secular way, but it's worth reading whatever your beliefs and whatever you'd like to achieve in your life.

No-one has anything to lose by buying this amazing book. Just about everyone has something to gain from it. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved it!, 28 Mar 2013
One of the best books about low carbs I have ever read.

I loved the funny and simple way how the author explains the biological processes taking place in our body and the enthusiasm he puts in his worlds.

Definitely I recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Full of information., 6 Oct 2012
I absolutely loved this book - I didn't expect to, but a friend who has recently been seen at the local hospital weight clinic to get a gastric band was given a (dreadful!) diet sheet from them that mentioned low carb eating (but suggested lots of Spam and bran flakes!!), so she bought this and recommended it to me, as I was already considering low carb diets. I read it, and although at first I felt he was a bit over the top, by the end I'd REALLY warmed to him, and I'd recommend it. My sister got it next, she's passing it to her friends.....it's very appealing and friendly. As for his premise and the information he gives, I'm totally sold. The woman who recommended it to me is now the star patient at the weight clinic (she doesn't have to sit in the 'fat chair' - not kidding!), my sister has lost 2 stones with no apparent effort and I myself find I'm calmer, happier and slowly but surely losing my own extra weight. It also makes you feel as if you're kind of in an exclusive gang or something - you read in a magazine about the latest low fat, calorie controlled ghastly diet, and you think 'hah! I know the truth'. I'd suggest you buy it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple steps and easy to read, 26 Aug 2012
I've read hundreds of diet books - well it certainly feels like it. But you know what, I thought this was different and made sooo much sense. I'm putting into practice already what he suggests. I often read other people's review when they say that and always think, yep I've tried that. This was was like a breath of fresh air and I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too ............., 5 July 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 11 Mar 2013
This book has really helped change my attitude to eating. I sat and read it in one weekend and I am now re reading it. The free down load is also very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 30 July 2013
I found it very useful and have already lost 7lbs in the past couple of weeks. I listen to audio daily, usually whilst getting ready for bed and do think it is very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing, real eye opener!, 17 July 2013
Absolutely amazing book, the answer to every serial dieter's problems! no calorie counting, no starving yourself, my only regret is that I didn't read it years ago! Do yourself a huge favour and get this book asap and wake up as John likes to say!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Low carb revolution, 6 July 2013
A very interesting book, inspiring and thought provoking,I so pleased I purchased this,I found it really informative as to how the body works.

Great.