4.0 out of 5 stars Realistic and helpful advice
Published 16 months ago by jakeone

1.0 out of 5 stars Very well written but sadly out of date
I bought this book a tad naievely based on the glowing reviews here.
Unfortunately i didnt do my research first in that Google has made literally dozens of changes to it's SEO algorithms since this book was written, meaning in essence that the SEO strategies detailed in this book are now mostly obselete.
Also a lot of the links to websites used for reference...
Published 5 months ago by Clank

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Realistic and helpful advice, 9 May 2013
jakeone (Cambridge) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Make Money Online - Online Affiliate Guide: Building An Online Cash Cow, A Complete Step-By-Step Guide To Affiliate Marketing (Paperback)
This book offers a valuable wake-up call to aspiring affiliates. I have been an affiliate marketer in the past - without much success - but this book piqued my interest enough to revisit the idea, to do it differently and to take it far more seriously. Gone are the days of plastering up a watery, 20-page website with blatant links and expecting to make money. The author advocates building a 1,000 page authority site in a year and shows you how. But be warned, it's hard work, it takes time, it takes some money, it can be very boring and don't expect to make a penny for the first 6-12 months. According to the author, most people (95%+) will quit - but for those who persevere, the rewards can be significant.

I don't think the book is targeted at complete novices. For example, you should know what WordPress is and how to install it; you should be familiar with SEO principles etc. Whilst none of these is rocket science (and you can easily hire people to do the parts you can't), be aware that the book generally skips over these technical basics.

The book contains plenty of helpful, applicable information and warnings to help you avoid costly mistakes early on. For example, the advice to split large sites into sub-domains with their own WordPress installation to avoid potential Google penalisation is a helpful eye-opener to me. Knowing information like this before building the site saves a lot of head and heart ache. There's also advice on deciding on a site topic; deciding what to write; outsourcing the content production etc. Towards the end of the book, there is a helpful step-by-step plan showing you what you need to do each week/month to stay on course.

(For what it's worth, if you're considering giving it a go, my own advice/experience would be to pay others to put your content together for you whilst you decide on the article topics and manage the quality. Yes, it will cost money but it ensures you are producing content regularly and consistently; it protects you from procrastination; it prevents burn-out and you are less likely to simply give up. Whatever you don't fancy doing, find and train someone else to do it for you. Otherwise, all you're doing is creating a job for yourself.)

Refreshingly, the author does not claim you will be a millionaire - or even make six figures - although both are possible, I suppose. He just shows a way to build a relatively automated business if you're willing to put in the time, effort and perseverance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, and not the usual "Get rich quick" fodder, 20 Jun 2013
Very interesting book, refreshingly wrote by an Englishman rather than American and avoids the usual "would you like to own your own yacht in the Caribbean" type rubbish, but instead presents a no-nonsense, no b/s guide to setting up a website and earning through affiliate marketing.

I've only read a quarter of the book so far but I usually find it difficult to get through more than a few pages of any book, but I can't put this one down. I have already discovered ideas which I never would have thought of in a million years. This is a hugely impressive book. It is generally easy enough to follow though the Wordpress section was a little overwhelming, but then it isn't going to be a walk in the park if you want to succeed.

I'm not totally convinced that choosing a niche market that isn't so popular is necessarily a good idea, for example starting a website dedicated to lower league football teams rather than Premiership teams - yes, websites there are a lot more websites following Premiership teams BUT there are a lot more people following Premiership teams. Choosing a niche that isn't that popular surely isn't going to get you very far? But hey, what do I know?

The book recommends that you read it from cover to cover - have a highlighter pen handy and some page markers - then start again, this time putting it into practice. I've had a mostly redundant website up but not quite running for a couple of years so if this works, and it won't be for lack of effort on my part, I will report back.

Just one minor gripe, the author has a help link on his website but when trying to send a message I simply got an error message which says "Please change default text", so am unable to send the message. Shame as I would really like to have contacted the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally Authentic, 10 April 2013
This book is the totally authentic and the guy who wrote it is the real deal.
How do I know this? Because I have struggled with affiliate marketing long enough to know that a:)I needed help
b:)This guy has the answers.
Not all the answers, but many many per chapter. More in a chapter than most books have in their entirety. He even discusses numerous examples of old skool SEO and why these methods no longer work. The stuff on copy alone is worth the price of this book.
Bottom line is: If you have any interest in affiliate marketing, web advertising copy or SEO then buy this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Discover a proven method to make a living Online, 13 Sep 2012
David Griffiths "AAvKK" (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
Length:: 0:19 Mins

I was staggered how good this book is. There are many in depth chapters which are worth 10 x more than the price of the book on their own.

The copy-writing techniques were a real eye opener for me. I started my first website 8 years ago and I wish I'd had this book then. There is no doubt in my mind that I'd be living a vastly different lifestyle right now if I had.

If you are looking for "get rich quick" ideas, or how to throw up some shoddy website and make a few bucks then this is not for you.

It will give you the knowledge and skills required to make a lot of money Online and as long as you have the right attitude your success is guaranteed.

This book shows you how to build a valuable "Online Brand".Make Money Online - Online Affiliate Guide: Building An Online Cash Cow, A Complete Step-By-Step Guide To Affiliate Marketing

5.0 out of 5 stars Very usefull guideline to make money online quickly and easily!, 6 July 2012
A great book written without jargon so even I can understand it. I have been looking for a book just like this for some time as I find the whole concept of making money online as an affiliate highly confusing. Thanks to this book I finally get it.

Purchased my domain last week and slowly but surely working through the action plans.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Eye Opener, 8 July 2012
L. Wright "Leese" (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
I have been trying to make money online as an affiliate for over a year with very little success. After reading this book I realised where I have been going wrong. From reading this book I know that my existing websites have received a search engine penalty and I understand why. I'm now starting again from scratch, working through the book's action plans with renewed enthusiasm. I just wish the book was also available on the Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Probably the best yet!, 7 April 2013
Mr. M. Gaadt (Cambs UK) - See all my reviews
Antony Barlow has written a corker here! Full of sound advise based on his experience and NOT what he is trying to sell to you, as I feel this is the main problem with other titles on this subject. Honesty and hard blooming work is the order of the day. No punches are pulled here and you are made to realize that like anything in life, it has to be worked for. If you are seriously thinking of starting your own on line business then I thoroughly commend this book to you. It is going to be tough going but with this book by your side, I believe you will have a chance.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very well written but sadly out of date, 14 Mar 2014
I bought this book a tad naievely based on the glowing reviews here.
Also a lot of the links to websites used for reference throughout the book either no longer exist or the pages quoted no longer exist.

Whilst the above is in no way the fault of the author it becomes very frustrating for a newbie website owner wanting to attempt to monetise his/her website based upon this book.
The book itself is brilliantly written - it's just that the advice is mostly now sadly out of date.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm not Religious, but this is my Bible., 24 Jun 2014
Worth Every Penny + More. Why? The content is detailed, clear & thorough. Would be great to be able to get this on my Kindle (hint hint). Should it become available as an e-book i will purchase it again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 Aug 2013
I have read quite a few books on affiliate marketing and this is hands down the best of them all. There is no fancy waffle or bs just good clear instructions put over in a conversational tone.
If you only buy one book on internet marketing get this.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›