5.0 out of 5 stars REview of ''Paranoid Schizophrenia My Label my Life' by Dr Bruce Venter, 26 Nov 2012
This review is from: Paranoid Schizophrenia: My Label, My Life (Paperback)
Despite its 'in your face' title, this book is not a heavy read. In fact I could hardly put it down and had to read it through to the end in just two or three sittings.

Dr Venter has led a colourful life with the bright, sunny colours of joyous times mixed with the more sombre hues of illness and disasters along the way. Bruce Venter is by nature open to new people and experiences, and this has as often been to his detriment as to his benefit. He is as open with us, his readers, in this honest account of his trials and tribulations. The overiding impression left by this book is of the immense fortitude and perseverance he has shown in combating his inner demons. One senses, by the end, that at last he has not just seen the light at the end of the tunnel but is being bathed by its rays.

A recommended read for anyone who has had to contend with mental illness, or indeed for a general readership prepared to enjoy a highly readable account of how such illness can affect people.

GM

5.0 out of 5 stars very interesting!, 19 April 2014
Very interesting book, it is well written and kept you wanting to read more. Would recommend this book to anyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars Undefeated, 11 Feb 2014
Was especially interesting as it gave the inside view of the author who in spite of suffering this dreadful illness , managed to surve and even managed to pursue his profession as a dentist albeit in spite of episodes which seemed at times insurmountable

5.0 out of 5 stars Paranoid schizophrenia my label, my life, 7 Jan 2014
I came to the end of this book feeling sad that there was no more to read, but incredibly inspired by the constant ability Bruce demonstrated to pick himself up again after every knock. I would love to know how life is going for him now and in the future... What an incredible story

5.0 out of 5 stars A surprising read, 7 Oct 2013
This is a refreshingly honest account of a man's struggle to survive. It does not just focus on his mental health but on all aspects of his life.
I found this book particularly interesting as I know Bruce personally, we play in the same band.
A real page turner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Review of Paranoid schizophrenia, my label, my life, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Paranoid Schizophrenia: My Label, My Life (Paperback)
I found this book inspirational, I read it in a day and a half and the events have not left my mind, the troubles and tribulations a person can go through and over come are moving.
Dr venter is a strong minded fantastic person to cope as well as he does with the difficulties he has had to face.
A fantastic read and very addictive.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 14 July 2014
Personal , good book

Paranoid Schizophrenia: My Label, My Life
Paranoid Schizophrenia: My Label, My Life by Bruce Venter (Paperback - 29 Oct 2012)
9.74