5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, a great job of a complex male POV
REMY by Katy Evans
5 stars!!!

"I imagine stripping her, effing her, then kissing and petting her all night until the sun appears. And then I imagine the look on her face when I tell her I'm bipolar"

Published 8 months ago by DonnaC

3.0 out of 5 stars Obsessive sex (book 3)
I'm sorry but I have to agree with the one or two 3* reviews. I really wanted to enjoy this but Remy's pov could quite easily have been incorporated into the last two books.
Published 2 months ago by nina loves erotica & paranormal

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely brilliant, a great job of a complex male POV, 26 Nov 2013
REMY by Katy Evans
5 stars!!!

Anyone who knows me, knows that I am Remy's #1 Fan. Katy Evans really did a number on me when she brought him into my life. I felt an instant connection to this broken man, who was actually perfect to me. Yes he may have been Bipolar, but he never let it define him, he made a career for himself, turning his weaknesses into strengths, he made himself a better person and made the most of the shit hand that he was dealt. But he deprived himself of the one thing that he needed the most, and that was love. He was a man that was desperate to be loved, and not just the alter ego that he made for himself, he wanted to be loved for Remington Tate, the bi-polar sufferer, he wanted to be loved warts and all and that is what he found when he found Brooke Dumas.

I desperately wanted to get into Remy's head and was so happy when Katy said that she was going to write a book from his POV. I was also worried, so many male POV's have been written poorly and totally spoiled the character for me, so I did go into this a little bit apprehensive. However, Katy totally did Remy proud. He was exactly how I had imagined, the writing was full of emotion only making you connect to Remy even more if that was even possible. Yes there is scenting and licking which some like and some don't but it is REMY, it is who he is, what he does, he was a lion looking for his mate.

You never really fully understood just how insecure Remy was in REAL, but you felt it in REMY. He didn't want to put himself in the position of any vulnerability because he never knew how he would cope with the rejection. We find out, that when Remy gives himself, he gives himself completely and he needed to make sure that Brooke wasn't going to reject him when he let his intentions be known. That rejection would have destroyed him. He may have been strong on the outside, he may have been a wall of muscle, well built and well defined, perfectly toned but his heart was a fragile muscle that could have easily been torn to shreds and he needed to protect it because once it was shredded, he was sure there would be no repair.

"You'll leave me the second it gets too steep, and you'll leave me with nothing - when I want you like I've never wanted anything in my life. You're all I think about, dream about. I get high and low and it's all about you now, it's not even about me anymore. I can't sleep, can't think, can't concentrate worth shit anymore, and it's all because I want to be the effing `one' for you, and as soon as you realize what I am, all I'll be is a effing mistake."

My heart broke several times in this book, usually when Brooke leaves him and you feel all the pain, hurt, confusion, emotion and total and utter devastation pouring out of Remy. This book covers REAL and MINE from Remy's POV and a bit extra, so we know what happens in so far as story but it doesn't get old. Even though I have read REAL literally dozens of times and I know the story like the back of my hand, this never felt old. It was refreshing to get his POV, it gave me a whole new understanding of REAL and enabled me to gain a whole new perspective, a more emotional perspective. It also made me get even angrier with Brooke...

I can ooze and gush about this until the cows come home but I will let the book speak for itself. It is brilliant, it is perfect, it is Remington "Riptide" Tate all over. High five to Katy Evans you did our guy proud. I am really sad now though as this is the end, I just hope that we can bribe Katy to keep writing, there must be some more goings on we can dream up for our Remy. I for one am not ready to let him go, he really has captured a place in my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow Amazing, 26 Nov 2013
One of the very best trilogies I've ever read. Initially didn't really appeal to me. How wrong can a person be. The story kept you gripped, written so well and so heart felt. It will take you on a roller coaster of emotions and the way Katy describes the characters amazing.Definitely recommend the series You must read Real and Mine first to appreciate how good an author she is and how well the books gel together BRILLIANT

3.0 out of 5 stars Obsessive sex (book 3), 6 May 2014
Remy's pov turned out to be about a man obsessed with possession and constant sex. Don't get me wrong I love sex but this became repetitive and in the end boring. So save yer brass on this one and skip to the next Rogue (The REAL series)book 4

3.0 out of 5 stars could be better, 4 Dec 2013
I was looking forward to this second book having loved the first. I am sad to say it was so repetitive and didn't hold my attention like the first. Loved the characters but there was more scope from the writer to go into certain issues in more depth as it was told from Remy's pov what about issues with his parents? opportunities were missed. The book was ok, but you're not missing much if you just read the first book. I like the style of writing so would read other books by the author.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 27 Nov 2013
Book Angel Emma (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Dear God you can feel the testosterone running off the pages. Getting inside Remy's mind is one hell of a ride. Seeing pivotal scenes from both Real and Mine through Remy's eyes adds clarity to the actions and depth to his relationship with Brooke.

While Katy Evans did an amazing job of portraying bipolar disorder in the previous books, being able to see just how it affects Remy internally provides a deeper level of understanding and appreciation of the continuous struggle he faces. Heart breaking at times, especially when confronted with memories of his childhood and additional information on his parents actions. You can't but help admire Remy more than ever.

New scenes from the present are interspersed with the scenes from the previous books adding to the anticipation within the story. You may love Remy now but after you read his side of the story he is going to consume your heart ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect., 5 April 2014
This review is from: Remy (Real) (Paperback)
So I am writing this review as spoiler free. That is assuming that you have already read REAL so you know what is going on. If you haven’t read REAL, stop reading this review and go read it, you are missing out on a treat!

As a lot of my Goodreads friends know, I am firmly in the disappointed/underwhelmed camp when it comes to MINE, so I have to say it was with massive trepidation that I opened Remy, this guy is high up there in my BBF list and it wouldn’t be my first BBF POV book that has turned out to be a massive let-down. I am happy to say that my faith is restored and all is right in the world again, this book is all I wanted it to be, and little more in parts.

I don’t think I need to write a particularly long and rambling review about the book, if you love Remy you are going to love his POV. The book covers all of REAL and MINE as well as a little further into the future. I have to say the first 50% was unputdownable, it pulled me right back into all the tension of REAL. Reading it from Remy’s POV, and understanding his inner turmoil and fear of possibly losing Brooke when she found out the full truth about him, gave the whole story so much more dimension.

Getting into Remy’s head during his speedy/black times was equally enlightening but heartbreaking as well, I was sniffling into a tissue on more than occasion. You are given the opportunity to see that he is a deeply emotional man, who struggles to put his feelings into words, as a result of so many years of being made to feel worthless and unlovable. Being encouraged to ignore who he really is, medicated into subservience and being used for what he can offer, rather than being seen for who he really is.

Remy - …I want for once in my life for someone to come to me because they feel I’m worth it…

Believe me Remy. Is. Worth. It.

It would be a lie to say this book isn’t predictable, you know the story, you know what happens, but you get it from Remy’s perspective. I loved that we are given a look inside his head during his fights (pretty brutal in parts they are too), and his reasoning of being so protective of Brooke.

You do get a lot of Sniff. Lick. Kiss. Repeat…..but I have to say I loved it in REAL so I didn’t mind it again especially as it is coming from the man himself. The ending was perfect, and to steal a song from the playlist – Everything by Lifehouse sums it all up better than I ever could.

I am giving this Remy 5 stars, I loved getting him back for a few more precious hours, and I am looking forward to reading more from Katy Evans in the future.

ARC provided by the publisher through Netgalley, and I am pleased to provide the above review as thanks.

3.0 out of 5 stars good story, 6 Feb 2014
I read this book in virtually one go on a sleepless night. There was a story running through it showing the two different perspectives. The thing that spoiled it for me was the constant use of the 'f' word. I can take it in context but every other sentence seemed to have the f word in it. Not the usual storyline for me but a good enough read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, 9 Dec 2013
Yet again I was hooked from page one..

Love Brooke ans Remy..

Loved to finally know the mind behind the silent man..

Strong possessive passionate loving kind and sexy as hell..

Can't get enough, want more..

Simply fantastic...

Definitely recommend you read their stories..

More katy evans please give us more..

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly brilliant, 8 Dec 2013
I wanted to cry when I realised I had come to th end of this book, I get so lost in the characters when reading about Remy and Brooke x x

3.0 out of 5 stars good but..., 7 Dec 2013
Having read the first two books, I was disappointed with this as it could have been incorporated into "mine" a lot of repeats

Remy (Real)
Remy (Real) by Katy Evans (Paperback - 5 Dec 2013)
5.85