4.0 out of 5 stars Collection of ebooks finally brought together
Published 3 months ago by P. Korgan

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible.
Published 2 months ago by Proletariat

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible., 6 May 2014
This review is from: World of Warcraft: Dawn of the Aspects (Paperback)
After having recently read the War of the Ancients trilogy by the same author, I was quite looking forward to delving into this book. I wish I hadn't bothered, to be honest. Any character development of the Aspects in the aforementioned books was quickly destroyed in this one. The Aspects' behaviour was completely out of character, and was, quite frankly, just plain irritating. It didn't really resolve any issues. At the end, it was a 'oh, was that it?' moment about how they became Aspects. I think the most irritating part was the prologue though. The prologue had absolutely nothing to do with the rest of the story! Other than the fact that both contained emo-Aspects, there was no correlation between the two stories. Which is a shame really, as I would have liked to see how the story in the prologue developed - it was a much stronger story, in my opinion.

The overall story was poorly written. On the plus side though, at least he seems to have a better editor, so the number of typos, missing words, extra words, etc was much smaller than in the WotA books.

4.0 out of 5 stars Collection of ebooks finally brought together, 7 April 2014
P. Korgan "Shas'O" (Finland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: World of Warcraft: Dawn of the Aspects (Paperback)
This is easily one of the better Knaak's Warcraft books in the past years. I would even go as far as thinking this is the best book in the whole "Aspects & Dragons" category till date! While there are some hiccups especially in the middle and it picks its pace slowly during the first part of the book, the writing, characters, overall feeling and continuity is solid.

For Warcraft lore addicts there are better books out there, but this one delivers where the official lore left a hole here and there. We can finally see how certain events unfold and how they actually impact the current world with some glimpses of what might be down the lane in the future installments of World of Warcraft.

As far as fantasy goes, this might even interest those readers who are not so much into Warcraft. Like I've mentioned before the plot is solid with a few little twists (nothing major though) and it is easy to read. Of course players and Warcrafters surely will get many of the little hints and Easter eggs, this is a fine example of how short stories tie into a good, perhaps a little better-than-average Warcraft novel.

5.0 out of 5 stars DRAGONS DRAGONS DRAGONS, 1 July 2014
This review is from: World of Warcraft: Dawn of the Aspects (Paperback)
i tried to put this book down but it wouldnt let me, a scaly clawed hand reached out of the pages and grabbed my face, forcing me to keep reading. i was terrified but that didnt stop me from enjoying the book because its HELLA RAD

3.0 out of 5 stars Has that R.A.Knaak feel to it!, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: World of Warcraft: Dawn of the Aspects (Paperback)
If you like the authors particular style, then I suppose it's a good novel. I, personally, don't. The story is also a little lacking, but then again it is about semi-intelligent dragons and the present day relationship of a dragon and a mage.
I did however enjoy the read, as I am a big Warcraft lore buff, and any new info on the history of that universe is appreciated.
Overall, I would only recommend this if you read everything Warcraft or if you enjoyed a previous book of Knaak's.

World of Warcraft: Dawn of the Aspects
World of Warcraft: Dawn of the Aspects by Richard A. Knaak (Paperback - 21 Nov 2013)
8.41