4.0 out of 5 stars Noooooooo!! I wanted more!
Noooooooo!! I wanted more!
So I waste no time searching for more information on the series to see what can be expected next!
Then I got all excited because I noticed that there is a sequel 'All Over You' to be released November 2012 <---- Yay!!.
And then was deflated when I noticed it is a prequel not a sequel!
Sigh...
So I am disappointed...
Published 21 months ago by Amber

3.0 out of 5 stars Good story..............
Yes this is a good story but I actually found it hard to connect with the characters, this may have had something to do with how it was written the wording didn't feel that if flow off the pages comfortably. That said it was still a good read and I did enjoy it. Like some others I wasn't sure what to make of Lucas and although he came good I still don't know what to...
Published 20 months ago by An avid reader.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars devoured, 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Devoured (Paperback)
If you are like me and have a penchant for bad boy musicians then this book is for you! Book boyfriend heaven

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like rockstar romances..., 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Devoured: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I'm surprised this book isn't classed as New Adult since Sienna is only 23 and trying to establish her place in the world, but it's not. It's billed as erotic romance and I guess that works too.

This book was so close to a 5 star read for me. I was hovering on that line between really liking it and loving it for most of the book but it failed to push me totally over the line... Too many unanswered questions and unexplained actions. Yes, there is a sequel but a little more info was needed in this book.

I read the Sienna and Luke novella - All Over You - before reading this so I was fully aware of how they first met and what happened on their disastrous night together and I'd recommend that anybody just picking this series up does the same, cause I'd probably have thought Lucas was a massive tool and spent a good chunk of this book wanting to boot him in the goolies if I hadn't.

The connection between Sienna and Lucas is strong. The chemistry is amazing. You just want it to work for them but there are so many obstacles it seems like it may be impossible...

The ending.... Well, at the end of the final chapter I was like WTF??!! Then by the end of the epilogue I felt like I'd been on a fairground ride that had tossed me around and threw me up and down a bit.

Be warned!

There is no real HEA at the end of this book.

I hope things work out in Consumed (book 2).

I hope the big secret Lucas has isn't something that makes it impossible to continue loving him and I hope Sienna is strong enough to walk beside this very complicated and difficult man.

Recommend it for anyone who likes rockstar reads, sexy romances and to New Adult fans.

2.0 out of 5 stars Just OK,, 11 Sep 2013
J. Green (Lancashire,) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Devoured: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
Thought I would like this, the premise appealed, but was sadly disappointed.
Found the characters shallow and stereotypical, the writing didn't flow well at all and it was hard to make sense of it, the plot and the things they said. Found myself skipping through the boring parts of which there were too many.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 stars-new adult, 19 July 2013
Sandy S. (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Devoured (Paperback)
DEVOURED is the first storyline in Emily Snow's New Adult Devoured series. Once again, this particular series has capitalized on the Fifty Shades/Beautiful Disaster/Crossfire success, which isn't a bad thing, because like most trends you must strike while the phenomenon is hot.

Our millionaire rock star Lucas Wolfe-leader of the rock band Your Toxic Sequel- wants the one woman who got away-the only woman who said NO-and the woman he plans to seduce. Seeing Sienna Jensen after two years has stirred up old feelings and emotions. But when Lucas discovers that the property he wishes to purchase is Sienna's grandmother's property, Lucas approaches Sienna with a deal-10 days as his `assistant' where she will do everything and anything he asks and at the end of the 10 days the property is hers. But Lucas had other plans and he is hoping that Sienna will be forever his at the end of the week.

Sienna grew up in a dysfunctional family where her drug addicted mother has all but bankrupt her grandmother and destroyed her younger brother. And to complicate matters, the man hoping to purchase the land is Lucas Wolfe-the man to whom she lost her heart and her soul. But Sienna and Lucas did not part ways amicably, in fact, what happened between the two is something she will never forget. But the offer Lucas presents is more than she could ever hope as long as they keep their relationship on a professional level-but Sienna knows Lucas has other plans.

The writing style is simple. The plotline is similar to many of the popular series that follow the Fifty Shades genre but not as angst ridden or dark; there is some BDSM titillation and threats but on the grand scheme of the FSOG phenomenon, the reality is that there is only a small comparison between the series. The hero has a dark past-one that is mired in a secret that threatens the foundation of his future and Sienna's life. The world building is limited but this is only book one in a series and many of the questions are left unanswered. We learn quite a bit about Sienna and the choices she has made but Lucas has secrets and in this, his character development is limited. He is not necessarily an evil character with nefarious plans for a young woman, but he is a man who wants the only woman that got away-and he goes about it in a way that makes you wonder what are his true intentions. Because of the proposition and everything that it suggests and entails, Lucas comes across as overbearing and dominant-although-he is probably anything but. And again, because of the secret, the reader is left hanging as to who is the real Lucas Wolfe.

The cast and characters, including a troubled brother, a dysfunctional family unit, a BFF who is all about pushing Lucas away and, an ex with an axe to grind are all reminiscent of the `other' series and the ending is a cliffhanger with a hint at what is to come. The flow of the story is a little uneven and disjointed and, a few plotline developments are left hanging but again, this is only book one and let's hope there are answers in CONSUMED-book two. If you like the premise of Fifty Shades et al, you will like the twist with a rock star millionaire and the woman who got away. This is a second chance storyline about two people who have a small history but one that has never been forgotten.

Emily is working on a spin-off series Savor Us, involving `Your Toxic Sequel' band members and the first storyline was released in June 2013-SAVOR YOU

see all of my reviews at : thereadingcafe(dot)com

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book, 17 July 2013
This review is from: Devoured: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I love this book!! I was so glad I red all over you first because it set u up for this amazing hot story. I can't wait for the next one to be out already pe-ordered. Just gutted I have to wait till September. I recommend these books but defiantly start with all over you x

4.0 out of 5 stars lovely book, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Devoured: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
This is a lovely book it's got everything a second book has in the follow I must admit I liked this better than the first and the Red Riding Hood is still in this lol

4.0 out of 5 stars good read but not worth 6!!!, 19 Jun 2013
This review is from: Devoured: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this 1, but as per the title of the review......not worth 6 at all, I have read much better for a hell of a lot less than that! That is my biggest hang up on devoured.
The fact that there is like a gazillion month wait for the next instalment is another problem for me, an I didn't realise that consumed wasn't out yet until I was over half way through this 1, needless to say.....<not impressed!
Back to the book....a nice story, flowed well, liked all the characters, the general idea if the plot is good....BUT.....so far I have spent 8.06 on the 1st 2 books, and I still have no freakin clue what Lucas' secret is...? I think this is unfair and badly done by the author!
I will buy the 3rd book, but only because I deserve to know what happens next!
Yes I would recommend the book, but not at the price it's up for, wait till it's come down considerably before buying it, even though it is a really good book, it's not 6 good if u know what I mean!? I definitely recommend reading the 1st instalment aswell, even though it is very very short (too short for 2) but you have to understand the way they met in that to understand Sienna's actions in this.
Happy reading :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 11 Jun 2013
This review is from: Devoured: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
I need to find me a rockstar! Brilliant read which I read in a day! Looking forward to reading it again some day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Rock me I want more!!!!!, 19 May 2013
This review is from: Devoured: A Novel (Kindle Edition)
Oh wow, this book grabbed me and sucked me in totally. Not the smut fest I was expecting but a darn good weekend read. So I read the novella first so kind of has an idea of what was going on. Devoured totally had me page turning. The characters are solid, I definitely want to know what Sam knows, I want to see Sienna stand up to her user of a mother and I really really want to read the next book. Not one of those cliff hanger endings just a smooth segue.
I think Lucas Wolfe could be heading up the fictional man list!
Yes I definitely recommend this!

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 17 May 2013
This review is from: Devoured (Kindle Edition)
Great story, well worth the read. Couldn't put it down, wishing it was me.
Loved it, loved it, loved it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

Devoured
Devoured by Emily Snow (Paperback - 20 Jun 2013)
7.99