4.0 out of 5 stars FabUlous!
4 fantastic stars!
The first novel beautiful bastard was a rough fan fix from twilight, but this new novel comes into its own.
The male hero British sex god on American soil! Apparently they eat that up over there?!
Published on 23 April 2013 by Lucy_loo

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing follow up to the amazing BB
Published on 23 Jun. 2013 by Jacqueline showdog

4.0 out of 5 stars FabUlous!, 23 April 2013
4 fantastic stars!
I fell in love with the story although at times I wondered why he put the effort in at first! Sara was unforgiving and hard shelled having had her heart publicly smashed to pieces literally weeks before so I could understand her perspective, and there was a definite thrill of the chase as well as lots of mind numbingly erotic public sex scenes that got your blood pumping! Still I often wondered why he put in all the effort? What was so different?
This book was an amazingly good read and featured heavily Bennett an Chloe from first book.
Athlete were bread flickers from fsog, bty, the day dreaming of giving him head while he was this office desk on the phone, and during the elevator to his apartment.
On the whole it was a great read definitely worth while, how ever it dropped a star due to the price of the book, for a fan fic idea, and the fact im English and couldn't get a stiff Hugh grant out of my head when reading some of the authors lines she was intending for Max! He was from Leeds ffs they don't speak queens English up't north! Lol

5.0 out of 5 stars quite hot!, 23 July 2014
This is the second book in Christina Lauren’s Beautiful series, following on from Beautiful Bastard. You can check out my review of that here. I downloaded this straight after reading the first book in the series and found that I couldn’t put this down either.

The story is all about one of the sub characters from the first book Sara Dillon. Sara stars as Chloe’s friend and fellow intern in book one and in this second instalment we see her some years later, living in New York having started to work with Bennett’s firm in a senior position. Sara meets a handsome and irresistible stranger on one of her first nights out in New York and in a rebellion against her nature she decides to hook up with him in the club marking the brand new Sara.

Although we’ve met Sara before we don’t actually know that much about her. Even in her own book you are given a cheeky glimpse into her life in the prologue but a much fuller picture of her life is unraveled throughout the story. This is pretty good because you get to know the real Sara while piece by piece you get a glimpse of how her life used to be. Sara has pretty much been treated rather poorly by her ex and exploring this new uninhibited side of her character seems like it could be the making of her. I liked that Sara was so willing to abandon everything that she didn’t like about her old life and really try and embrace this relationship with Max.

I loved Max’s character. He’s British which makes him a teensy bit more relatable and I loved that some of his speech was more typically English. Max is such a great character to compliment Sara’s. He’s experienced in life, he knows what he wants from it and he’s not afraid to try and do what he can to get it. I loved that he was so willing to go on Sara’s journey with her and take their relationship forward at her pace instead of his.

This story is a little bit sexier and a little bit more adventurous in its eroticism than the first in the series exploring voyeurism in a sexual relationship. While this might not be to everyone’s tastes (not mine either by the way) it was no less hot and interesting to read about. The same great writing style from the first in the series is present here too and that passionate relationship between the characters is so spot on.

I definitely recommend this book if you have enjoyed the first book, even if you think that some of the sexual aspects might not be for you! I am reading this as part of the #SexMeUpReadathon running from 21st – 25th of July with Gosling Girls Book Tours.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 April 2013
4.5 big fat shiny twinkly stars...I loved this book, even more than Beautiful Bastard. I hate to say this but I have added a new book boyfriend in the shape of Max Stella my oh my..

This story focuses on a friend of Bennett's called Max Stella and Chloe's best friend Sara Dillon.
Sara has just upped sticks and moved as she had been in a long term relationship with a politician whom she had just found out had been cheating on her throughout the relationship. She had to get away and find the real Sara. She gets a job as head of finance working for Bennett's company. As an introduction to the city Chloe takes Sara to the local night spots and whilst in a club at the bar Sara bumps into Max Stella, she is immediately taken aback by the Brit but brushes him off as she is not there for men. Sara makes her way back to the dance floor and back to her friends, whilst dancing she can feel a set of eyes on her and scans the room, there she sees Max completely staring at her, it seems he is just as taken as she was. She makes her way to the ladies room and when she comes out she bumps into a wall of muscle that is Max Stella, they find somewhere quiet and whilst totally out of character for Sara she ends up having sex and in true Cinderella style just leaves one thing behind..her panties and a dumbfounded Max Stella, he may have just met his match! He knows nothing about this girl not even her name only that he is totally and utterly besotted with her.

A chance meeting in a restaurant gives Max an inkling into her true identity and eventually finds her, they embark on a no strings attached relationship, that always involves having sex in public places and photographing themselves whilst in the throes and buildup..Sara has found a kinky side..she is determined to keep it strictly friends with benefits, but eventually both Max and Sara realise that the feelings run a lot deeper. The months that lead up to this include some fantastic scenes that had me chuckling and swooning..they really do make a fabulous couple.

As usual with all new relationships, they never run smooth, they both have insecurities, especially Sara. Max has a rep as a player and is also hunted by the paparazzi so as Sara wants anonymity and public sex they have to be adventurous and careful. They have to find a safe way of indulging whilst protecting themselves.

I absolutely adored this couple, this book takes you down the road of recovery after being hurt, finding yourself, releasing your insecurities, trusting others, allowing yourself to love and most of all to be loved. It truly is a fabulous story and one that had my heart melting, I loved it. So much better than the first book in my opinion, certainly not fan fic as I have seen in other reviews of 1* just because it allegedly is..they don't know what they are missing out on.

Highly recommended to all us hopeless romantics out there that believe in HEA's, love, romance and just need a big fat dollop of swoon!! Well done ladies.

[...]

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 21 April 2013
Just like Beautiful Bastard this book is HOT - seriously, what's not to like about a book with hot sex in chapter one and plenty more throughout?! But this book had something its predecessor didn't... Max Stella.

Don't get me wrong, I liked Bennett Ryan but I absolutely loved Max Stella. There are many sides to the extremely sexy venture capitalist - from wide and adventurous to caring and sweet. I love that the huge British rugby player will do anything to please Sara.

I will warn you though, once you start reading this book, you won't be able to put it down - I even took it with me when I went to get my car washed! Make sure you clear your diary before picking it up and then make another space for October 2013 when Beautiful Player is due for release!

Favourite quotes:
"'Okay, when you smile at me like that, I want to climb you. And God knows it's been forever since I've been properly manhandled.' I looked him up and down, all pretence of polite society apparently gone. 'And something tells me you could more than do the job - I mean, holy hell, look at you.'"

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 9 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Beautiful Stranger (Paperback)
After reading Beautiful Bastard, book number 1 in this series, I had to get this one and I was really excited to read it.

We are in New York now. The story follows Sara Dillon, her boss is none other than Bennett Ryan, remember him?! If not check out Beautiful Bastard. The whole company expanded and they opened up offices in New York as well now. Bennett is there and of course also his Fiancée Chloe. It was great to read about them again, I loved them as a couple and now I get glimpses of them in relation to Sara and Max – perfect.

Well, let’s get back to Sara. She wants a new start, away from her ex… In a club she meets sexy, irresistible, gorgeous, British Max. She is instantly drawn to him…

Max Stella loves women and he’s not afraid to show that, but then he meets Sara… Suddenly everything changes.

I loved reading about the way their “relationship” developed. Not wanting more than just “sex” they met up from time to time, experiencing different things. Especially for Sara it was something totally new. She explores different sides to her usual self and she likes it…

They hooked up in so many different places and each scene was so detailed, carefully described and very very sexy. I loved the mixture and the variety, always something exciting, hot and passionate.

Both, Max and Sara, realised that there could be something more between them, both too afraid to say anything. And of course it wouldn’t be a real story, without some drama and misunderstandings in the end.

To me, Sara and Max were perfect together. And I loved reading from both their perspectives; it gave such a clear picture to their feelings.

This book is BRILLIANT!!!! I loved every steaming second of it! I can’t wait to read the next book in this series!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Hello Max!, 3 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Stranger (Paperback)
I loved Beautiful Bastard and fell head over heels for Bennett Ryan so I was anxiously awaiting the release of Beautiful stranger!

Christina and Lauren have done it again, they create brilliant, funny characters that you can't help but root for!

We met Sara in BB as Chloe's best friend, now Sara is moving to New York to work for Bennett after her douche of a fiancé cheated on her for the umpteenth time. Sara wants to desperately shed who she has always been; sensible, safe Sara. So after meeting a rather sexy British man in a club and acting way out of character Sara feels liberated and rather ummm sated ;)

But of course a one off encounter never stays buried for long, especially when the object of your club tryst appears at your work place, as none other than your boss' friend! So the nameless stud turns out to be Max Stella and he is looking for a repeat performance!

Sara definitely steps outside the box with Max and any walls for that matter, Sara and Max's relationship has a rather alfresco feel to it ;)
Max is just the sweetest guy, I loved the whole camera element as he loved taking pictures of Sara and it really helped her gain her much needed confidence back. Their relationship slowly developed and it was great to see that it wasn't just a game to either of them even though they may have been reluctant to acknowledge it.

It was great to see the progression of Sara's character in this book, she could have easily locked herself away after Tony humiliated her but she met Max at the right time and he really did empower her to be her own person. There was a part in the story when a mistake was made and my heart was breaking for both Max and Sara and I did worry how they would move forward. But I knew we had to get that HEA. The old Sara may have fled but this new confident version stayed and faced her fears.

Now for me, Max had big Bennett shaped shoes to fill. We say the grass is always greener and I think that is the main reason why Max didn't steal my heart. British guys don't do it for me. Gasp! I hear you say, but when you are surrounded by them, albeit mostly Scottish men where I'm from, they lose their appeal or quite clearly I haven't found the hiding place for all the guys like Max over here! ;) So yes he was funny and sexy and he had some mouth on him but he couldn't eclipse Bennett for me although saying that I know he will work his charm on a lot of others!

I was pleased to see Chloe and Bennett make an appearance (obviously) and I enjoyed the progression of the story line. I really can't wait to read the future instalments. I love these characters and the authors behind them! The writing is is so fun and easy to read. These books don't take me long at all. I can be crying at the beginning of a sentence, feeling hot and bothered in the middle and laughing out loud by the end! If you haven't already, then you really must give them a go! ~Ava

5.0 out of 5 stars Audiobook reviews of Beautiful Bastard / Beautiful Stranger, 28 Mar. 2015
THE STORIES

I thoroughly enjoyed Beautiful Bastard - a fab, entertaining lmao romp. Another incentive to stick with stairs!

I preferred Beautiful Stranger by a mile though.

Still lots of hot hanky panky. What blew my mind was Max: his tenderness, patience, wildness, vulnerability and light heartedness with lucky Sarah. He pays such close attention to everything about her and takes extraordinary care. A straightforward guy with that divine playfully dirty totally male British humour (their best export!!).

THE AUDIO

The reading and variety of accents did start a bit slow and clunky for me. Also, initially disappointing that they used one woman to narrate both books. I would have liked each female lead to have her own voice. Having said that, Grace Grant has a lovely voice and I did get totally swept away by both stories.

I love a sexy man's voice in my ear so it thrilled me that in Beautiful Stranger we have Jonathan R. Cole taking up Max's story. Wish this had been done for sexy bossy Bennett.

I love with audiobooks that I can't skip impatiently down each page. I was held hostage by every *spank* word *spank*

2.0 out of 5 stars A disappointing follow up to the amazing BB, 23 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Beautiful Stranger (Paperback)
A disappointing follow-up to Beautiful Bastard. I didn't feel the same connection between the characters and the daft plot didn't help. BB worked for me because the characters knew one another and they had a love/hate thing going on. In this one it was hard to accept that they were off and at it in public, in a club, minutes after meeting. That for me was more 'eww' than 'ohh'.
If you like to read about exhibitionist sex, then you'll probably enjoy this, but I didn't. The reason she had for not wanting them to be together was implausible and I got really bored reading about how much she didn't want to be with him when we knew exactly where the book was headed.
I hope the next book shows a return to form as BB was one of my favourite reads this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars absolutely loved it, 4 Dec. 2013
Well what can I say? Mmm I loved loved loved this book! I love Max and it's so nice to see that it's the man that's been hurt and not the woman! The chemistry between these two WOW earthquake. Sara is emotionally messed up when she first meets Max. Struggling over a break up, new job, new life and BAMM a side that she doesn't even know she wanted to explore enter Max and their secret relationship. I think at one point whilst reading this I was literally screaming at my kindle for Sara to see how much he loved her. I also liked that we saw Bennett and Chloe also in the story and they are still happy and in love. Excellent and definitely worth 5 stars. Can't wait to read the next instalments

4.0 out of 5 stars sexy and hot, 20 April 2013
uh oh, Max yummy! may be biased here being British myself. Well Sara is a lucky lucky girl, how many of us want a hot hot hook up in a dark club with a sexy stranger.

Then to be followed up by weekly, 'no strings attached' hot rendezvous! Max was very imaginative, great smexy scenes.

After dumping her filandering Ex, I could understand Sara not wanting a rebound relationship, and loved the slow burn on theirs!

Loved how the characters mingled, and the back story between Bennett and Max. So nice to read that Chloe and Bennett's relationship continues.

Mmmmm can't wait to meet the next sexy characters in thge next book.

Beautiful Stranger
Beautiful Stranger by Christina Lauren (Paperback - 6 Jun. 2013)