on 15 August 2014
A marvelous book - David Rose captures a snapshot of the not-too-distant future and encourages you to imagine and play. Brilliant examples are taken from modern literature and popular culture as well as the technology industry. A must read for anyone interested in making the future a better place.
on 1 July 2015
This is an incredibly inspiring book if you're interested in the real potential of "the internet of things". Not just lights that you can control from your phone, but the creation of things that are truly magical. It changed my perspective on the whole movement and the excitement has stuck with me for months. It could use a few more examples for sure; that would have given it the fifth star. Otherwise great.
on 11 January 2015
seems to go on about how big companies are flogging us all more screens at the expense of progress. I guess those MIT guys can't get funding to research mobile apps. that's what Apple and Google do ! To me as a techy. my phone IS an enchanted object ! Interesting read though.
on 28 December 2014
Interesting to dip in and out of...
Writing does not flow so much.. but ideas good.
on 31 October 2015
Brilliant book. Easy read, full of insights and great ideas