5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!! Absolutely sizzling!
Published 15 months ago by Nsj

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, not worth the price
Published 20 months ago by LindaLvsMick

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!! Absolutely sizzling!, 9 April 2013
I never thought this 3rd book of the 'Marriage' series, although a standalone, would be as good as the previous two, but I was so wrong! Carina & Max have such amazing chemistry and it's so believable, it practically jumps out of the book! I loved their frequent sparring (in & out of bed!!) and their shared love of food, animals & family. They're up there with my favourite characters in this genre and in fact, Carina's quite easily my favourite female character because she's feisty & passionate and not simpering like some writers make their female leads. I would recommend reading the 2 previous books just to understand the other characters and the bond between all of them. All very entertaining and absorbing from start to finish! Worth 5 stars!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, not worth the price, 20 Nov 2012
This review is from: The Marriage Mistake (Marriage to a Billionaire) (Mass Market Paperback)
I was looking forward to reading this book, as the other ones I had read were OK. The first one was great, second was OK, and this one is BORING! I have to admit I was disappointed in this book. From the start it was bland and boring, the story line is boring and predictable, seems to dribble on, its as if shes just shoved the book together with any random dribble, which is a pity. After getting to the ''half way mark'' i closed it and got rid of it, I couldnt read on it was that awful, I forced myself to read to the ''ha;f way'' point, just to give it a chance, trust me, it gets no better! It doesnt help that amazon charge far to much for this book, and when it arrived its TINY! its smaller than the length a ruler! so i was in bed, reading this ting book that you have to keep a grip on, or it shuts on you, having to crease down the pages, AND IT TURNS OUT TO BE crap! I dont think Ill buy any more Jennifer Probst books, shame.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab, 2 April 2014
brilliant yet again jennifer write such fabulous books love this story as well as the others keep them coming :)

3.0 out of 5 stars oK to read on a winter night, 17 Jan 2014
Its ok, ending was similiar to the other books i have read, Could have been abit different but overall i didnt regret buying the book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best book in the series, 30 Nov 2013
This is the best book in the series by far. I was looking forward to Carina's story and i wasn't disappointed at all. The story really brought me in and i couldn't help myself from crying near the end.

Carina has been in love with Max since she was a teenager and everyone knew even Max. But Max was her big brothers best friend and a series commitment freak. If he didn't feel a spark he didn't continue with the relationship and he certainly never invited them to meet his family.

Max has struggled with the knowledge that his father left his pregnant mother and has wanted nothing to do with him and was really disappointed with the man he went to find. He has vowed never to be like him so has struggled to find what he really wanted, or just been too plain scared to go for it.

Carina has started work in America to get away from being cosseted. She wants the American way of dating without her family breathing down her neck and has changed a lot since Max last saw her. Now what stands before him is a woman he finds himself lusting after. But Carinas big heart gets in the way of business and shes not really sure she wants to be there. She is only there to please everyone else.

The attraction between the two is hot and they have many heated kisses and a few fumbles. But it is on a business trip to Vegas where things take a major u-turn and Max takes what he wants.

What is supposed to be a one night stand as a virgin ends up a lot more when Carinas mother gives them a surprise visit and insists they marry. Max agrees as his honour and Carina's is at stake, but Carina is not at all happy.

Surprisingly for Max, he takes to the change very well, but Carina is not happy. She didn't get the fairy tale she wanted, she got forced wedding from him. Having left the company she helps Alexa with the bookkeeping and paints more. She finds herself painting flat until she starts on the erotic side.

Things take another turn as Max finally tells her he loves her but she cant and wont believe him. She walks out on him to find herself. She works long shits and paints more, getting herself a showing.

When her mother gives her a visit before going back home to Italy she is told some home truths by her mother. She realises what she needs to do as she misses Max. It is at her showing that she shows and tells Max her decision and love.

Get their free Valentines story online here [...]
(less)

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay Read, 30 Aug 2013
The book is okay and some bits get interesting but I wasn't particularly hooked or excited by the marriage mistake.

4.0 out of 5 stars Review of The Marriage Mistake., 29 July 2013
A bit long and drawn out but was worth the read.
Writer portrayed the characters very well and described them very well also places in the story

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Read, 22 May 2013
Read the first 2 books loved them. The reviews of this book werent as good but I absolutely loved it cant wait for the next book to be released. Very addictive found I couldnt put it down till I'd finished the book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Series, 20 Feb 2013
The three books this series by Jennifer Probst are great reads. I love how they link into one another. Couldn't put them down, but had to make myself!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mixed reviews, but I loved it!, 10 Feb 2013
Nicola_1202 (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Of the 3 books in the series, this seems the one that has received very mixed reviews and the lowest star rating but I devoured it and I think it is my favourite of the 3! All the main characters from the previous books are present (particularly Maggie) and their lives are evolving which is what I love in a book series.

The Marriage Trap focusses on Max and Carina who we were introduced to during Michael and Maggie's story. Both were easy to love and I felt their journey was a little different to Alexa & Nick's and Maggie & Michael's. Yes there was a similar air of predictability, but their journey was a tad more serious; it had the arguments, but also more angst, more sexual tension, a little less wit (although there were still moments that made me giggle) and it tugged on the heartstrings a little more. Max is his own worst enemy; he is bossy and can be short-tempered, but he also has a gentle caring side and has always seen Carina as a little sister. She is sweet, kind, has always loved Max and on the outside is displaying a new found confidence.

This is a series that I would certainly recommend and I look forward to the next one to see if my prediction of who Julietta's suiter will be is right...

The Marriage Mistake (Marriage to a Billionaire)
The Marriage Mistake (Marriage to a Billionaire) by Jennifer Probst (Mass Market Paperback - 6 Nov 2012)
Used & New from: 0.01