Thoughtless
Format: PaperbackChange
Price:£9.61+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 20 June 2012
This is one of those books you start to read late at night and find yourself still reading eagerly at 5 in the morning and dont put down til you finish it - its a really beautifully written book and the hero is just to die for. Yes the heroine is annoying - but only because you read the book screaming at her for being so stupid as to hesitate when it comes to the hero - but isnt that a sign of a good book? To actually have feelings for a character because they have come to life off the page? SC Stephens is a great author and I really hope she writes more soon as I have now read Thoughtless, Effortless and Collision Course and am sat here wondering how long I have to wait for another great book of hers!
on 22 September 2012
I read this book as it was well-received on the reviews on the us amazon site, and on goodreads - and it as compared to others I enjoyed in the YA range, 'beautiful disaster' notably.
But, - potential spoilers ahead - this tale of a young woman torn by a choice between two guys leaves the heroine looking weak when she vacillates between the two constantly and goes behind her boyfriend's back to do so. She then runs back to t'other male protagonist only as he calls it quits on her inability to decide. And this scenario reproduces itself a couple of times.
I did read to the end to see who she ended up with but generally prefer my romances with more likeable female characters and probably will not be following up their story in the sequel.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 25 February 2014
I loved this book and have reread it recently. I bought due to all the reviews and its high rating. My favourite character has to be Kellan right up to the end. Denny seemed adorable and romantic but half way through, the novel turned into the romance blooming between Keira and Kellan. I love the way it was written but the one thing that did frustrate me was Keira's ability to chose between the two guys. I found myself yelling at the novel to just pick someone and then cursing her for choosing one for the wrong reasons! I suppose that's what makes a great read so I would highly recommend it!
on 7 June 2014
I liked this book but not Kiera so much, I felt she was stupid to think that 'friends' hug, kiss and hold hands. If you have to hide it then it's not innocent! And even more she thought she could keep both men? And that kellan would be happy to stay at that level of intimacy! Also the way Denny was so laid back and a genuine nice guy to suddenly lose it knowing about kellans past didn't seem right, he over killed it and then kellan saying she didn't choose him in the end was stupid because she clearly did when she jumped infront if him! Frustrating book but I had to keep reading x
on 4 May 2013
This is by far the dullest book I ever read.I fastforwarded it because otherwise I would fall asleep. The main character "Kiera" is really an unlikable person who whores herself between two guys. For the only reason that she can't choose and don't want to end up alone. That she hurting the 2 guys while doing that doesn't seem important. You really ask yourself why for heaven sake the guys want to be with her because all she ever does is 1. cry 2. blush. Not worth your money and really a waste of time and ink. Read "easy" from Tamara Webber instead or "slammed" from Colleen Hoover.
on 20 February 2015
NEVER have I hated a book as much as I hated this one... While LOVING it so completely at the same time.

I seriously felt bi-polar all the way through. I wanted to chuck my frigging kindle across the room because of the undiluted RAGE flowing through my veins through large chunks of the story but I couldn't do that because it would mean I had to stop reading it and that was impossible.

I fell head over heels in love with Kellen Kyle: Sexy ass rocker. Bad boy. Manwhore. Lost. Lonely. Beautifully flawed and heart-breakingly perfect. He stole my soul.

Kiera on the other hand is a whiny, selfish, indecisive little witch who I wanted to stick on a spit and roast over the fires of hell. Not only does she treat Kellen deplorably, the way she treats Denny is disgusting and I don't even like Denny!

This book will push buttons (infidelity usually does) and I knew it would push my buttons going into it but I wasn't prepared for quite how much the story would irritate me, how much I would hurt for the characters, how much I would feel, for these imaginary people. But, like a good little masochist, I loved the pain. I loved the overload of feelings. I hated how everyone eventually forgave Kiera. I hated how she got what she truly wanted in the end despite the fact she is not worthy of it and really didn't learn her lesson.
I loved how Kellen got what he always wanted even if it's the love of Satan (aka Kiera).

In the end did I like this book? Did I love it? Honestly, no. But yes. But no. Would I recommend it? No. But yes. But no. Yes. Argh!!!
Joking aside, I dont know if I'll ever read this book again, but I'm going straight onto the next one, so that's got to count for something, right? I want more. I need more.
So I guess, yes - though I'm slightly disgusted with myself - I liked this book and if you like the things you shouldn't - pain, hurt, drama, angst, emotional turmoil - then I guess you'll like it too.
on 11 February 2015
I'd heard a lot about this book through friends on Goodreads, and saw a lot of different reviews, mostly positive, although there were some negatives too. I decided that this sounded like just the kind of book I love to read, so I decided to get myself a copy for my Kindle.
The first thing I noticed was how long the book is; at nearly 400 pages,it's quite a bit longer than a lot of the Romance books I read. However, the story was written well, and it didn't feel like a chore to get through all of the pages. In fact, I think that the length of the book helped to create tension between the characters, which definitely made the story more interesting and more believable.

I really felt sorry for Denny, as he's always put Kiera first before himself, and the one time that he doesn't, he feels really guilty and is determined to make it up to her. However, this makes Kiera feel unwanted and pushes her into the arms of Kellan, who's more than willing to oblige. But it's clear how bad Kellan feels for betraying Denny, as Denny helped him through a tough time and is one of his closest friends. Of course, Kiera is left feeling confused, having feelings for two men and not knowing who to choose. She knows that she'll have to hurt one of them in order to choose, so she's left with a difficult decision.

I really enjoyed this book and thought that the building tension between the three main characters was great. Although I loved the story, at times I found myself getting frustrated with Kiera as most of the story was centered around her inability to choose between Denny or Kellan. After a while she started to get on my nerves and I found myself wanting to shout, 'Just choose someone!', at her. I really liked the ending and wasn't expecting what happened, but the gradually building tension lead up to an explosive ending, and finally, Kiera has to make a choice.
on 20 August 2013
Ok. It's been 4 days and I'm STILL trying to untangle my thought and feelings on this one. That alone has bumped the star rating up a bit - I keep telling myself something about this book got to me and kept me entranced...only an epic author can do that!

My overall feeling throughout this book was FRUSTRATION. Complete and utter, screaming at my kindle, stamping my feet, Frustration.

Let me try and go from the beginnning.

Kiera moves across the US to allow her partner Denny to work his dream internship at an Ad agency - he is originally from Australia and has the sweetest accent (In my head anyway!). Denny adores Kiera...

"You're my heart, Kiera"

Denny is sexy, loving, caring, adoring, careful and safe. I think in the beginning I may have been in love with him.

Then he got an amazing work opportunity and left. Gone. Just like that.
Ok, ok, it may not have been exactly like that. He left for 2 months and Kiera felt like her heart had been ripped out.

"He said I was his heart, and you don't leave your heart behind. You can't live without your heart."

So what did she do? Well, only what any normal young girl would do in that situation...

SHE. GOT. DRUNK.

VERY. VERY. DRUNK.

Unfortunately, this involved Kellan Kyle getting drunk with her.

Kellan.
Kellan Caring Kyle.
Kellan Hurt Kyle.
Kellan "Mine" Kyle.

Need I go on???

Oh Kellan is just Sex-On-Legs. Up there with the top book boyfriends of the New Adult world (Think Will, Holder, Liam, Trace, Connor, Travis etc). He is well and truly Swoon-Worthy.

You can pretty much guess what happens when our lovely Lead Characters get drunk, I don't need to spell it out for you. So it gets a little messy when Denny appears back home.

And so begins the indecision.

Oh GOD the INDECISION...I wanted to take Kiera and SHAKE SOME SENSE INTO THE GIRL!! She is the only reason this book is not getting 5 stars from me. She is just INFURIATING.

Every other thought that went through that stupidly naive girl's head went something like this:

"love doesnt exactly come with an off switch"

Girl...get over it!! For goodness sakes, they are both Amazing men and YOU CAN'T HAVE BOTH OF THEM...IT'S NOT FAIR!

The comedy factor in this book was brilliant - Griffin and Kiera's Sister are hilarious!

"When life throws yumminess in your lap, take a whiff. And if necessary, a lick or two."

I was addicted to this (very long 503 page) book from about 20% - I was listening on Audio Book whilst I was driving about and to be honest, most of the time I actually wanted to get in the car just so I could listen to some more but Kiera's immaturity took a 0.5 Star from me - it was getting ridiculous towards the 75%-85% mark.

Luckily, S C Stephens pulled it back from the brink with the ending but I will definately need to give myself more time to work up to Effortless and Reckless as I dont think I can take the tension!

Brilliant writing style, excellently portrayed characters and an addicting storyline - A Big 4.5 Stars from me.

Read more reviews at: addicted2b00ks.blogspot.co.uk

<3 x
on 21 July 2013
** spoiler alert **

Okay so I agree that it was very intense, passionate and romantic but boy did it drag. I wanted to see how it ended but at times I really had to ask myself if I actually needed to know.

Kellan was great, I got him. He wasn't perfect, often unpleasant, but his actions made sense to me all the way through. I liked the setting too; the bar with it's resident rock band and their home. I could picture these places. They were simple but perfect backdrops for the story. The secondary characters were just interesting enough too.

Keira, on the other hand, my god did I want to shake her! I couldn't relate to her at all. Love triangles irritate me so much, I just can't comprehend the idea of loving more than one person. Don't get it. Or why any of the ones being chosen between put up with it. (don't get me started on the Edward-Bella-Jake thing, I like to pretend that didn't happen)
I understand that people cheat but I always assumed that the process gone through is realisation that they don't love the original person anymore. Maybe that's what happens to Keira but her actions bewildered me. I had no sympathy for her, she should have walked away from Denny straight away even if she did love him and not Kellan, I mean really she didn't deserve him anymore. Does she have any integrity at all? Sorry I know she's not a real person but I wanted to scream at her selfishness and lack of honour! Oh and by the way, what a wimp too. Not a female character I admire or relate to.

Denny was just boring, did he even have a personality? I was secretly hoping that the turning point in the story would be his betrayal. I kind of thought Keira deserved that.

Now I have that out of my system...
I think I could like this author but I'd say she could have told that story with about 30% less pages. The writing took me along the ride, it really did, it was the story that dragged I think due to my growing dislike of Keira.
The sexual tension in the book was palpable. I loved the whole section where Denny was away and we witnessed Kiera and Kellan falling in love. It was tender and it was passionate.
I would read this author again but perhaps make sure it wasn't a love triangle thing again and hope for a female main character with some strength about her!
on 18 June 2013
I know, I know
Everyone's screaming at my review, choose kellen!!
I know I loved him too BUT I also loved Denny I'm TORN.
Argghhhhh

THOUGHTLESS......
oh my freaking God this book is amazing!!
Loved it and was dreading all the way to the end because it had to end.
I hate cheating in books especially when the one being dumped on is a nice as Denny!
I know I know you can't help who you fall in love with.
I loved keira and totally understood her predicament. she just couldn't choose! I COULDN'T EITHER! she loves Denny,her loyal beautiful boyfriend (she's been with him forever he's her 1st love, she's his heart) but then she has also fallen in love with kellen the gorgeous bad boy rock star who just wouldn't take no.
I was like "stay with good old Denny" but then in the next breathe I was like "rip kellens clothes off"
Crazy i know I was literally shouting at my kindle, haha

I've really got emotionally attached to these characters and felt sorry for Denny and kellen both loving the same girl and she loving them both.
What a horrible love triangle!
But obviously there only can be 1 winner!!
Who will Keira choose??

This book was a angsty,exciting,heartbreaking and it had me on edge of my seat.
you just can't put it down!
Seriously
And I can't wait to devour book 2....EFFORTLESS.(as soon as I finish this review I'll begin it)

In the end I suppose she did make the right decision
######################SPOILERS############################

Go team kellen!!!! Haha
I certainly wanted a bit of kellen Kyle myself-yum yum
Would def-inite-ly recommend this book....