5.0 out of 5 stars A 4.95* intro to the real Molly Harper. She's like the Katie Macalister of old, but funnier, more contemporary and wittier., 31 Dec 2013
ROROBLU'S MUM "ROROBLU'S MUM" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: How to Run with a Naked Werewolf (Mass Market Paperback)
I was a fan of KM's vampire tales, until her style changed and the tales lost plot and passion and became pretty read-and-sell-on. This tale, though it featured werewolves and not vampires, reminded me of KM's style in the pace of the tale, its humour, its snarky comments, dialogue and wit, and it made me want to check out more by this author, so I went nosing and realised that I'd actually read a tale by both authors in the antho The Undead In My Bed. I hadn't been impressed with MH's offering then, but this tale was brilliant.

There was an actual tale, a very real one, with clearly a fair bit of research by the author into domestic abuse and the help that can be available for the abused. There was a protective male lead, who whilst a great guy, was also a very human guy werewolf who didn't factor in how women can be, and who very nearly ended up with his werewolf bits being rendered permanently unusable. The female lead was tough, feisty, independent and non-clingy, which was utterly refreshing. The sex was hot and sexy, unlike some scenes that are just thrown in with a tale sort of written around them.

The thing that nearly lost the male lead his bits, threw me, but it shouldn't have, given his profession. I loved how the female lead got her own back (I need me a taser!), and how the matter got resolved between reasonable people, rather than them creating a mountain out of a molehill. I loved how he and his pack stood up for her and gave her the justice and payback that had evaded her, and the tale left me with hope that together, they'd erase the female lead's mental and physical traumas and have a HEA.

The tale only loses a 0.05*, as it did not have an epilogue, and for me, this tale absolutely needed one. Yes, I got why they wouldn't have one in say 6m/1yr/2yrs, but, they needed one for closure for the female lead. I needed one, to cement the HEA. I did like the arrival of Red-burn, whose identity I'd clocked onto before she was introduced, and do I suspect that she and her hubby may be vampires? Yes, so I'm off to check the author's website for more info.

This is a Keeper of a tale, and would have earned itself a full 5*, had there been a tiny tad more of a HEA.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Story, 1 Jan 2014
Angela (NELSON, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Run with a Naked Werewolf (Mass Market Paperback)
This as far i know is the first book ive read by Molly Harper and i will admit to it taking a while for me to get into the story but once i did i totally loved it im a big fan of paranormal and i loved both the male and female lead she was strong and very likeable and he even tho he was a werewolve was also very human. I will certainly be checking out more of Molly Harper books!

4.0 out of 5 stars A welcome storyline, 23 Feb 2014
Sandy S. (Ontario, Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Run with a Naked Werewolf (Mass Market Paperback)
HOW TO RUN WITH A NAKED WEREWOLF is the third instalment in Molly Harper’s contemporary, adult, paranormal Naked Werewolf series focusing on the werewolves of Grundy Alaska. This is Caleb Graham and Anna Moder’s storyline. Although it is the third in the series, it can be read as a standalone without any difficulty. Some of the previous storyline characters make a cameo appearance near the end, but it will not affect the storyline cohesion or cause reader confusion.

The storyline follows Anna as she comes face to face with a man who has been shot behind the grocery store at which she works. Making their escape from a gunman who is intent on taking them both down, Anna pulls Caleb into his truck only to discover that the man she is trying to save is a member of the werewolf pack where she used to live. Anna was the pack physician, but circumstances forced Anna to leave and she is still running when Caleb is shot at her back door. The only problem is that Caleb had never previously met Anna and does not know that she is aware of his supernatural side.

The premise finds Anna and Caleb on the hunt. Caleb is a ‘bounty hunter’, of sorts, who takes on assignments that no one else is willing to handle. Anna finds herself partnered with Caleb for several hunts and soon realizes that she is falling for the man. But Anna’s past is dangerous and she will make several attempts to run but every time Caleb hunts her down forcing her to stay by his side.

The relationship between Caleb and Anna is slow to build. They are sexually and physically attracted to one another, but both keep their distance until Caleb’s wolf demands that this woman is his mate. But Caleb also has a secret and one that will push Anna away at a time when she needs him the most.

The storyline takes the reader through small towns and villages in and around Alaska searching for missing husbands and run away wives. From honky tonk bars to the snow covered forests, you can feel the cold; breathe the fresh air; and watch the sun set over a land that has yet to be explored.

HOW TO RUN WITH A NAKED WEREWOLF is another welcome storyline from Molly Harper and her Naked Werewolf series. If you life a paranormal storyline with a little bit of humor, a little bit of sex and a little bit of mystery, then this is the storyline and series for you.

Copy supplied by Netgalley.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny and a Light Read, But With a Deeper Understory, 2 Jan 2014
This review is from: How to Run with a Naked Werewolf (Mass Market Paperback)
Although this is the third book in this series, if you are new to this author, you will not have any trouble reading and following it. Ms Harper has an uncanny knack for making her books both stick to the series concept, but also make each of them stand-alone novels. What you might have problems with, is keeping yourself from buying the first two as soon as you are done with this one!

I read to review this novel as an ARC and I am hoping that with publication the inconsistencies I found in this novel will have been fixed.. That said, this is a typical Molly Harper novel. I've been a fan of hers for years and I have loved or at least liked very much, each and every book of hers that I've read. This one is no exception. It is in turn, funny and light reading, but this book has a deeper story line to it than most of this genres books do.

Tine (aka Anna Moder) has been running from something for a while now and just as she thought she might be able to stay put for more than a couple of weeks she has the misfortune to have to hook up with a handsome hunk of a PI who just also happens to be a werewolf. Tina doesn't let on that she knows he is a werewolf and of course Caleb keeps his own deep secrets from her.
Can a relationship based on many lies be a successful one? Well you'll have to read this book to find out. In addition, I predict you will have tons of fun, shed a few tears and have quite a few giggles while you come to your own conclusions.*ARC Supplied by Publisher*

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 12 Jun 2014
S. Lacey (Annalong) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How to Run with a Naked Werewolf (Mass Market Paperback)
I loved this book! It was so good from start to finish! I really loved both the characters Anna/Tina and Caleb, they were so good for each other even if they did hit a couple of bumps as their relationship progressed.

Tina (known as Anna to the pack) was on the run from a controlling, abusive ex-husband, shed been really happy as the pack's doctor but when she received an alert that her ex may have found her she ran cause she didn't want to drag the pack into her problems and was afraid of facing her abusive ex.

Caleb is a bounty hunter and cousin to our favourite werewolves Cooper, Maggie and Samson. He's been away from the valley for a few years now but still in regular contact with the pack so he's heard all about Dr Moder from Maggie.

I loved the banter between them and how close they got although they nearly didn't end up together cause of the secrets each of them were keeping but I'm so glad things worked out for them and that in the end she did trust in the pack to help her. I don't think her ex will be bothering her ever again!

I also loved the updates on the pack members and what was happening with the merging of the two packs and with the relationships we seen forged over the previous two books! I also loved he twist with who Tina's network contact Red-Burn was! I really hope we get more in this series!

How to Run with a Naked Werewolf
How to Run with a Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Dec 2013)
4.69