5.0 out of 5 stars Carrie at her best
Published on 30 Jun 2005 by Janet Lowe

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good
I couldn't decide whether to give this one a three or a four and really want to give it a three and a half. This was an enjoyable book and I liked the way it was writtem. I think Carrie Fisher is a very talented writer.
Published on 15 July 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars Carrie at her best, 30 Jun 2005
Janet Lowe (ALTON, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Surrender the Pink (Paperback)
I've read all of Carrie's books and this one is so typical of her blunt honesty and humour. If the ex-husband isn't Paul Simon and she is the actual heroine, then I don't know who they could be. She repeats the autobiographical theme with her next book, "The Best Awful" which I found soul-stripping. How she combines tragedy with a fantastic sense of humour puts her right up there with the best. Carrie gets my vote any day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surrender the Pink, 2 Oct 2013
Dave Gilmour's cat (on Dave Gilmour's boat) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Surrender the Pink (Paperback)
"I like to talk to you. I like you as a person."
"As opposed to what? An end table?"

This is a supremely witty and perceptive novel about relationships. Carrie Fisher really gets inside the characters' insecurities, and mines these for dark comedy. Some of the dialogue is like Woody Allen at his best - perfectly judged chatter that casually reveals great truths through its self-conscious rhythms. It's generally known that Carrie Fisher's fiction is highly autobiographical and so it's especially interesting to read this after her memoir Wishful Drinking. Star Wars fans may notice the sentence 'She felt sad and caught. Caught in the tractor beam of her old obsession.' Subconscious reference to the Death Star pulling in the Millennium Falcon or just a weird coincidence? Either way, what a great novel.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good, 15 July 2000
By A Customer

Surrender the Pink
Surrender the Pink by Carrie Fisher (Paperback - 12 May 2012)
6.65