5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of tasty espresso coming my way
This book was a nice and easy read. It took me all of 30 minutes to complete. For the price I'd say it was spot on.

Published on 4 Mar 2012 by James

2.0 out of 5 stars More of a Pamphlet than a Book
Disappointing in that I could access most of this information online on any good coffee forum. It is a very slim document as opposed to a traditional paperback, and will take all of 10 minutes to read. Expected better.
Published 22 months ago by G. Mason

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots of tasty espresso coming my way, 4 Mar 2012

I actually have one of the lever armed espresso machines from La Pavoni, very beautiful machine hand made in Italy. But making espresso like they do in Milan is a lot harder than they make it look. I was surprised to read that Mr Verona (the author) actually mentions this machine in the book. Lever armed espresso machines are hit and miss at the best of times, but I'm getting a few more hits now with the thick black liquid.

If you haven't invested in an espresso machine yourself yet, you should read this book first. He describes the importance of choosing the correct grinder to go with the espresso machine, something that many people miss. With a bit of luck you won't need to spend any extra money for your espressos if you already have a good grinder.

The author also goes into depth about finding quality espresso beans and keeping them fresh. There are also a few other little tricks that I've never read or heard of from anywhere else. An interesting read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended!, 22 Feb 2012
I bought a new Gaggia espresso machine two weeks ago and the espresso quality was hit and miss. So I decided to take a look at this little book.

Well I'm very glad I did! It's a short book, very easy to read, just what you'd expect. There is no filler content, just how to make great espresso broke into short sections. I'm happy that I won't need to spend any more money in order to make use of what I already have.

Recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book., 12 Mar 2012
Mr. D. Pickett (Manchester, England) - See all my reviews
I'm so glad that I bought this book. I was about to go and buy an expresso machine, but this book stopped me wasting my money on a machine that probably wasn't all that good. Instead I will get a much cheaper machine and a more expensive grinder. This combination should make me a much better brew.

There is lots of good information in here, particularly for newbies to express like me. And the recipes at the end will come in really handy.

I thoroughly recommend this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars More of a Pamphlet than a Book, 20 Sep 2012
G. Mason (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Espresso Making Perfection: How To Make The Perfect Espresso (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty Espresso Advice, 22 April 2012
This book really makes good on some of the myths around espresso. Namely that expensive espresso machines are better! That's not necessarily the case. The most important things are the small details which this book mentions in nice detail.

A short book, an easy read and recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Expresso Making Perfection, 1 Mar 2012
I bought this book from Amazon as I was not happy with my coffee. The book is great, cheap and easy to understand and tells you just what you need to know without a load of jargon. Cheers and good drinking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good advice but lacking in detail. Feels like a hurried publication., 3 Aug 2013
John Camilleri (San Gwann, Malta) - See all my reviews
The "book" is very short, each chapter is about 2 pages long and you'll get through the whole book in 20 minutes. I trust all the information given, but it is written in a somewhat amateurish style and the whole thing feels really like a blog. Some areas which could take up an entire book are glossed over in one paragraph; there certainly could be a lot more detail in places.
Also the typesetting and binding is a pretty hurried, low-budget affair which gave me low expectations for its contents.
Ultimately it is a cheap book and I don't feel cheated, but if you're really into coffee you will easily find all this information online, so the value of buying this book is questionable.

Espresso Making Perfection: How To Make The Perfect Espresso
Espresso Making Perfection: How To Make The Perfect Espresso by Antonio Verona (Paperback - 28 Mar 2012)
4.94