5.0 out of 5 stars omg fantastical read
Published on 14 May 2012 by aysha

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. The story is very slow.
Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars omg fantastical read, 14 May 2012
i absolutely love all the work that amantha young produces and this was no exception.l didnt stop reading until i finished. wow the complications and feelings and elations are captured effortlessly and you feel in tune with the character all the way. i adoed the way the story was set out and was not your typical boy meets girls and everythings rosy scenario but really picks at the various relationships and nuances we have with others.i cannot praise samnatha youngs unique and gifted prose and way of sucking you in. it was absolutley rocking. constantly checking for the latest creation of this young authors and long may it continue.

5.0 out of 5 stars I want the next one right now!, 30 Mar 2012
Amazon Customer (Normanton, England) - See all my reviews
Oh my. I completely forgot that this was being released until I checked the author's blog. Being a huge fan of her, I of course ran for this book. And I'm so glad I did. Samantha Young will forever be an author who's books I buy, whether I like them or not, and this book proves exactly why.
The story is masterfully told, it's the kind of book you would expect to see in a bookstore, not an indie author! Ari's story was only furthered in this novel, and there were so many important plot elements uncovered. The method of moving the story out of Ohio was excellent, and I truly enjoyed reading it. Ari at times still felt like a petulant child to me, but then again, she has suddenly found out she's a Jinn and supremely important. Plus at least the other characters and even herself note that she's acting like a child.
I was glad the White King took a minor role in this, it was good to read other things happening.
My feeling on the Red King are ambivalous, is he good, or is he bad? I can't quite tell. Excellent story writing from Young on that front, I'm literally on the fence about him.
Charlie...it's a slippery slope for him. He's never been a favourite of mine, but his story so far has been intriguing and I feel sorry for him too.
Jai, Jai Jai Jai. Can I have him thanks? I loved him throughout this whole book. He's one of those characters who seems to be written about simplistically, and yet he's the most intriguing and complex character of the book for me! I love him, want to hug him and cheer for him the whole way through this novel. I love him and Ari, their bantering is amusing and flirtatious.
It was nice to see moments of how powerful he really is, sometimes I forget just how powerful he is, it was nice to see that. I was also glad at the end of this book, for reasons I'm sure everyone who reads this book will agree with me on. Jai all the way!
It was nice to get some of the other kings involved, and the introduction of Asmodeous and Lilif were great. I'm intrigued to see where that plot line goes.
Overall, the character development is exceptional, I really feel like I know these characters and want to know them more. The story line moved along at a fast enough pace, and included side plots which were pleasing and helped to build up to the main plot.
A definite 5* book, and I simply cannot wait for the next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very engaging, 16 April 2013
I spent most of this book wanting to slap both Charlie and Jai over the head repeatedly for being so bloody thick and stupid.

I wanted to slap Charlie for holding his revenge over his brother more important than making a better decision. His quest and thirst for magic could and will only leave him in trouble. And where will it ultimately leave him?

I wanted to slap Jai as in most of this book Jai struggles to come to terms with his feelings for Ari. Why is it then things are almost too late that we realise what is in front of us and what we really want?

I am also interested to see where and why Ari is having these dreams. They have to be important and mean something. Is this part of her powers? Or is someone messing with her? My thinking and i could be completely off mark is that it has something to do with both Lilith and the Seal. Perhaps Lilith went into the making of the seal, hence the different parts, thereby the dreams are from Liliths memories or something (lots of speculating going on in my mind). At least the dreams are giving her a better idea of how the war started and perhaps a better incite as to the participants.

A brilliant second book and i can't wait to see what happens in book three.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Dec 2013
I really enjoyed this book I would recommend this book to other people the gripping story had me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fire Spirits series, 19 Sep 2013
Very exciting books, holds me so I cannot put them down, and cannot wait for the next book to arrive

4.0 out of 5 stars Scorched Skies (Fire Spirits #2), 19 Aug 2013
Great book author is fantastic. Carried on from the previous book fast paced events with lots of surprises, not all good. Want to know what Amideous is and does, glad Ari has friends like Jai, Charlie and Fallon . Her biggest champion seems to be the Red King and think he does actually care for Ari, hopefully the next book expands on this. Looking forward to the next book

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. The story is very slow., 10 Aug 2013
The story of Ari, Charlie and the gorgeous Jai continues in this second book in the series. I was very exited to see how the relationships between the characters developed and how the story progressed. I loved the first book so much. However , we get to end of this book and nothing really has progressed in the story. There is a lot of action and fights scenes but they appear to be just filling in the story. The story is really slow. I actually was a little bored and thought the author was just filling out the book so that she could get to the third book. It takes a whole book for Ari to realise her feelings for Charlie and for Jai to work out his true feeling for Ari. I struggled to finish the book. I am not sure whether I will read the next in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fire Spirits #2, 23 Feb 2013
Fm Armstrong "Team Edward" (Staffs) - See all my reviews
Absolutely loving this series. A brilliant writer. I Can't wait to see what else she's got. Hurry up and bring out #4

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read!, 3 Feb 2013
Will be buying the next installment very soon! Couldn't stop reading until I'd finished. There are a few grammatical errors (which may have been fixed since my purchase) but not enough to stop me reading a really enjoyable book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 29 May 2012
I LOVED this book! It was amazing. I like YA fiction and the first book caught my attention earlier this year and I was eagerly awaiting Scorched Skies. I was not disappointed, as it was even better than the first. There was more action, more knowledge and more romance and I loved every second of it. It was too short for me though and ended too quickly, which I guess just shows how good it was. I loved all the characters; they are all so genuine, consistent and thorough. I'm still confused at where certain people's loyalties lie but I guess I'll find out soon. I love Ari and Jai they're both beautiful. I can't wait for the next one, I hear it is coming this summer. Yay. I'm going to be reading more of Samantha Young's books because she is an amazing writer. And she's British and it's always nice to understand every word in a book, it's annoying when you come across words and phrases that are solely American!

Scorched Skies (A Fire Spirits Novel)
Scorched Skies (A Fire Spirits Novel) by Samantha Young (Paperback - 14 Mar 2012)