5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative!
I've been trying to improve my upper body strength and balance to help with rock climbing and I thought I would try handstands as one of my routines. This book has not disappointed, I started relatively advanced so half the book was not relevant but if you're a beginner or more advanced it is still worth a buy for the price.

I have been particularly interested...
Published 23 months ago by J. Dawson

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit dissapointed
Doesn't really tell you much other then you need to build up to it. I was looking for exercises other than handstand to improve my strength and it, or some little tips is basically says do press ups, do handstand against the wall then do free standing.
Published 9 months ago by Thayer

5.0 out of 5 stars Very informative!, 1 Feb 2013
J. Dawson "J'cub" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: How To Do A Handstand: From The Basic Exercises To The Free Standing Handstand Pushup (Paperback)

I have been particularly interested in the handstand pushup of which there is some great information to build you up to it.

My only quibble was the repeated paragraph on page 47/48 which I found quite amusing (not worthy of removing a star but may be worth the author getting a better proof reader!!)

This is my second book from this author and both are easy reading, cheap and straight to the point

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 24 Mar 2013
Good home exercise guide to help strengthen those shoulders and also work your core. Simple to follow advancements all the way up to press up hand stands

5.0 out of 5 stars Best of the bunch, 11 Oct 2013
Hutch (Sunderland, UK) - See all my reviews
Have read three handstand tutorial books for Kindle & in my opinion this was the best of the bunch by far. While there are no real secrets nor substitute for practice I felt this book gave the most practical advice to try to achieve a stable handstand.Well worth the money!

3.0 out of 5 stars Bit dissapointed, 7 Mar 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice little book with some useful pointers to do a (non-gymnastics) handstand, 20 Sep 2013
The book is quite brief as I read it in less than one hour but it has some useful material in it, which I did not learn during a brief but intense gymnastics course (taught by professionals) I did recently. However, caution has to be taken by aspiring gymnasts, as the handstand technique demonstrated is not technically correct in gymnastics terms (e.g. hooked shoulders are not permitted in modern gymnastics), however the author does mention at the end of the book that he is not a gymnast and that the techniques demonstrated are as such not in accordance with gymnastics guidelines but rather to improve fitness.
I think it could have covered a bit more material hence the reason why I've given it four stars rather than five, but otherwise a useful little book, definitely for the likes of (break) dancers, capoeira practitioners, and for those preferring strength training using their own body weight, at a very affordable price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic but useful, 23 Mar 2013
This book is not that well written, its basic and the illustrations are not the best, but the book progress you through exercises to get to free handstands. follow the book, be patient and it will pay off

2.0 out of 5 stars How to Do a Handstand, 28 April 2014
This book was not really worth buying as it told you only the most obvious and basic information. I was disappointed

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't really tell anything, 20 Dec 2013
This book just goes straight to a little build up, then doing it, then variations and that's that. Short book that didn't really help me with anything.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, 22 July 2013
The pictures are not that useful however the instructions and the progression is spot on so it has helped me go from press up to a few seconds free standing handstand, so almost there!!

5.0 out of 5 stars My mate is doing handstand classes (which I'd never heard ..., 14 Aug 2014
My mate is doing handstand classes (which I'd never heard of) and I got her this to help her on her handstand journey- she loves it.