on 1 February 2013
I've been trying to improve my upper body strength and balance to help with rock climbing and I thought I would try handstands as one of my routines. This book has not disappointed, I started relatively advanced so half the book was not relevant but if you're a beginner or more advanced it is still worth a buy for the price.

I have been particularly interested in the handstand pushup of which there is some great information to build you up to it.

My only quibble was the repeated paragraph on page 47/48 which I found quite amusing (not worthy of removing a star but may be worth the author getting a better proof reader!!)

This is my second book from this author and both are easy reading, cheap and straight to the point
on 20 September 2013
The book is quite brief as I read it in less than one hour but it has some useful material in it, which I did not learn during a brief but intense gymnastics course (taught by professionals) I did recently. However, caution has to be taken by aspiring gymnasts, as the handstand technique demonstrated is not technically correct in gymnastics terms (e.g. hooked shoulders are not permitted in modern gymnastics), however the author does mention at the end of the book that he is not a gymnast and that the techniques demonstrated are as such not in accordance with gymnastics guidelines but rather to improve fitness.
I think it could have covered a bit more material hence the reason why I've given it four stars rather than five, but otherwise a useful little book, definitely for the likes of (break) dancers, capoeira practitioners, and for those preferring strength training using their own body weight, at a very affordable price.
on 24 March 2013
Good home exercise guide to help strengthen those shoulders and also work your core. Simple to follow advancements all the way up to press up hand stands
on 11 October 2013
Have read three handstand tutorial books for Kindle & in my opinion this was the best of the bunch by far. While there are no real secrets nor substitute for practice I felt this book gave the most practical advice to try to achieve a stable handstand.Well worth the money!
on 23 March 2013
This book is not that well written, its basic and the illustrations are not the best, but the book progress you through exercises to get to free handstands. follow the book, be patient and it will pay off
on 22 July 2013
The pictures are not that useful however the instructions and the progression is spot on so it has helped me go from press up to a few seconds free standing handstand, so almost there!!
on 28 May 2013
This a slim volume and suffers a bit from low-quality black and white photos. It's also describing an exercise that you could probably work out how to do yourself if you thought hard enough about it. Having said that, the book is likely to get you incorporating handstands into any exercise regime you are currently doing and there are useful tips and techniques to help you improve. Since I read the book, a few weeks ago, I've definately noticed an improvement in my handstands and I will continue until I can do the full press-up!
on 7 March 2014
Doesn't really tell you much other then you need to build up to it. I was looking for exercises other than handstand to improve my strength and it, or some little tips is basically says do press ups, do handstand against the wall then do free standing.
on 19 October 2015
A well considered book that gives good well thought out advice on progress towards performing a handstand and other handstand exercises.
on 11 December 2015
extremely basic, very poor form displayed in the illustrations, definitely not for people who want to do gymnastics grade handstands