Format: PaperbackChange

on 14 October 2003
This book is a valuable tool for students and trained practitioners to begin the important task of reflection. It enables the reader to easily apply the principles of reflective practice to their own personal experiences and provides the different frameworks of reflection in a readable manner.

What is extremely useful is the models of relection that are described in the book. These are very adaptable for the practitioner to use to write reflections for their portfolios.

I would argue that the concept of reflection has needed this book for some time as it is a easy, usuable and practicable tome for the general population of health care professionals to use in order to meet the increasing demands of the various regulatory bodies within healthcare.
0Comment78 of 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 16 July 2009
This book was a great help been new to writting essays on reflective practice and I would greatley recommend this book to all.
on 26 September 2010
This book is well written in an easy to read, textbook style. It is well structured and contains an appropriate amount of academic background to reflection. The exercises throughout the book help change the reader's way of thinking to become more reflective and ease the reader into the world of reflection. I was dubious about the worth of reflection before reading this book, but it made me realise how helpful it can be in placements (of all natures, not just healthcare), professional and personal life.

I highly recommend this book.
on 26 June 2010
Good book for students starting their reflective practice. Although the book is mainly aimed at nursing, there are other examples of other healthcare professionals i.e. physiotherapy.
on 4 June 2011
A fantastic book. Gives a detailed overview of many reflective models. I am currently a student nurse. Great for helping write my profecional and personal portfolio. It is simple and easy to use, and gives very good examples.

My lecterer recommended it to me, and I would have to say a definate buy if you are doing your nursing training!!
on 3 February 2015
This book was recommended as an excellent source of additional reading in Payne's Modern Social Work Theory and I have found that to be the case. The text is interesting with many practical examples of using refection in a practice placement scenario.
on 29 September 2015
One of the best medical books I had purchased, it had a lot of information on what I was doing.
on 7 June 2015
I can recommend this book. Very clear and easy to read and understand
on 15 December 2012
The content of the book itself are great, but the copy I purchased was from a Library in Canada. It still has the check out list in the back and people have written on the book itself. Item didn't describe that it was used and marked, so I was expecting a non marked book.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2012
The book arrived in mint condition and I'm really pleased with it. It was recommended by many lecturers at my university and I can see why. It is really useful to understand how to write a great reflection.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse