on 23 May 2014
This book makes the Nordic myths very accessible and entertaining. I'd read a version of the Eddas and Sagas from the early 1900s which helped because I had some background knowledge of the characters already, but so far this is a much more entertaining way to learn about the Aesir (Nordic gods) and in all important aspects very similar to the Nordic myths I'd read previously.
on 12 December 2014
any fan of loki or mythology should read this book!

witty and a good paced read!
this is one of the books i'm proud to own and read often!
on 30 March 2016
I did not warm to any of the characters and the ending was an anti-climax. All in all a very disappointing read. Next time I'll stick to Chocolat.
on 2 October 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book... Harris did a great job of mixing myth with more modern speech and time, giving Loki a personality you want to like. I described the book to a friend as "traditional Norse mythology, as narrated by the Marvel movie version of Loki". I'd say it's a must-read for any Loki fan.
on 7 April 2014
Utterly loved this. Joanne Harris has an amazing grasp of the Prose Edda legends and has presented them in an attractive, modern fashion. I love Loki, he really is the classic loveable rogue. It helps that the gorgeous Tom Hiddleston plays him in the recent films. More please, what happens next!!!??
on 30 April 2016
Loki the trickster is a brilliant character, witty and cunning. I would highly recommend this book to all interested in Norse mythology
on 1 March 2014
I think this is the best book Joanne ever wrote. Eventhough it is not 'Loki' from Thor, its kinda follow Loki from the nose Mythology, I like it more than I expected.It is real page turner, eager to know what Trickster next move. Totally love the cover!
on 16 March 2014
Once again Joanne Harris has written what deserves to be another best seller. Really enjoyed reading this. Great story , the character Loki was really engaging. I have not yet read the Rune stories but I will definitely give them ago now.
on 31 March 2014
Unusual book for this author but still a good read. Very light but entertaining & definitely worth buying at this price.
on 9 April 2014
As it's loki's gospel it's narrated by the god himself and he's as charming and mischievous as you'd imagine. It's a definite page turner, entertaining and a fresh spin on the Norse myths. I wholly recommend it.