4.0 out of 5 stars What did people expect? A worthy follow up!
I'm not really sure what the people that were giving negative reviews were expecting - the Sookie Stackhouse series ended with 'Dead Ever After' and so there will be no more stories. This book isn't advertised as such, and given the number of characters it covers, it can't give whole stories to explain them all.
It's set out as an 'encyclopedia' - alphabetically...
Published 10 months ago by Killer Cairn

1.0 out of 5 stars A let down & waste of money
Published 10 months ago by Ms M

1.0 out of 5 stars A let down & waste of money, 5 Nov 2013
I feel like an idiot after spending good money on this. I had hoped for more than a few measly sentences for each character, some of whom were so unimportant to the series that it took longer to work out who they were than to read most of this "book". This should have been a feature on the author's website so interested fans could look up a character but to attach the ludicrous price is simply robbing readers who have purchased the entire series by now.

1.0 out of 5 stars A RIP OFF, 4 Nov 2013
Mac_Anne (Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was very disappointed when this preordered book dropped into my Kindle, I had wrongly assumed we would get a short story for each character (especially at the price) instead we just get a list of characters (some very minor) with just a few lines on most as to where their lives went after the books finished.

I think my imagination is up to me doing this for myself if I wanted to do so.

If I knew what I was going to get I would not have wasted my money.

I think this should have been a free download from the author's website rather than a paid for book

1.0 out of 5 stars WORST BOOK I HAVE EVER BOUGHT!, 4 Nov 2013
Total waste of money, reads like it is aimed at five year olds! Charlaine Harris has obviously had her head turned by sheer greed and sold out, this book could have easily been put on her website for fans to read online. Even worse half the charcters mentioned I couldn't have cared less about or even remember! I bought this twenty minutes ago via kindle and have already read it cover to cover, total con on her part!

1.0 out of 5 stars What a total rip off and shame on you for taking advantage of your loyal readers, 8 Nov 2013
I did wonder how good this book would be but I have enjoyed all the Sookie Stackhouse stories. I was very disappointed with the content of this book. There was no content a total rip off at least I did not pay full price.

1.0 out of 5 stars SO OUTRAGED I COULD CRY..., 4 Nov 2013
So disapointed I could cry, It wasn't even worth lowest reserve price of the pre-order guarantee. I eagerly awaited this book, as the very last installment(not technically but you know what I mean) of the series that got me into reading. Finally a chance to tie up loose ends of the series and get a sneaky glimpse in to the main characters 'Happy Ever After's' Hahahahhaa Not, This book is simply and A-Z of all the characters (some of which only starred in for a chapter of a book) and what happened to them if you can explain that satisfactorily in a few words to a page (if you're lucky). The Juiciest part of the book?... A letter from Charlaine Harris, explaining her next series and a sample chapter from it.

I feel this was just a marketing ploy that has abused the loyalty of her fans, (of which I am no longer one).

1.0 out of 5 stars After Dead, 1 Nov 2013
I was very disappointed with this book. I think it should only have cost a couple of pounds for the content.

1.0 out of 5 stars She let down her readers!!, 11 Nov 2013
This book is a waste of money, I feel that it took the author 5 minutes to write and now she is laughing all the way to the bank. What a let down. I also believe she showed no respect to her following, It took me 10 minutes to read this long awaited book and personally I am annoyed that I paid for this load of rubbish.

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money, 31 Oct 2013
Got it delivered to my Kindle this morning. Ordered with low expectations (the last books were not exactly stellar) but was still disappointed. The bare minimum is added. As little as two lines for some characters. I know it was cheap but still.... Best leave the "what happened next" to your own imagination!

1.0 out of 5 stars what a bitter disappointment this book is......., 1 Feb 2014
having read all of the books in the sookie stackhouse series, I was bitterly disappointed by the contents of this book, I had thought that an author like charlaine harris would have dealt more fairly with her readers. this is not a book to be enjoyed, it is more a book of reference - no substance and no story either...........a waste of money.
WE SHOULD GET A REFUND

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 9 Nov 2013
I am very disappointed with this book. I loved the series but I hated this book. It should be left to your imagination. Or at least put it on the authors website to read for free!! This is just another way to get money out of fans and its wrong!

After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse
After Dead: What Came Next in the World of Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris (Paperback - 14 Aug 2014)
6.29