Traditional Aga Christmas (Aga and Range Cookbooks)
Format: HardcoverChange
Price:£20.00+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

We moved into a house with an AGA the week before Christmas and so thought this would be our saving grace come the big day.

The look of the book etc is nice, with some good photos within, however the quantities for the recipes are all wrong. I wish I had trusted my instinct, especially with the Yorkshire Puddings when the mix was very thick and I measured and followed the recipe list to the letter.

It just didn’t look right at all before going in the oven but trusting the book I proceeded to waste my time and ingredients.

There are a couple of things I like about the book, mainly the advice the author gives about planning your day and what will be helpful to prepare on Christmas Eve, what to put in the simmering oven on Christmas day. This is helpful, as well as the core temperatures of certain Christmas day meats (thankfully we have a food probe) but because of the actual recipes being inaccurate I am overall very disappointed.

There are other recipes for left overs etc, but with a couple of mishaps I now do not trust the recipes at all in this book which is a shame.

My main lessons with our AGA in general is that it’s best to stick to the recipes you know and adapt your AGA shelves accordingly, rather than the other way around.
on 28 December 2013
I am disappointed with this book as although there are good tips, the proof reading is poor as typos in the ingredients and methods have been expensive for us.
Double check everything we want to make with other books now, just to be sure!
on 9 March 2015
Nothing really new. A decent present for a new Aga owner
on 9 January 2014
Delighted this arrived in time for Christmas, it is a lovely book and I am pleased to say that my friend is very pleased with it