4.0 out of 5 stars Great contemporary romance
I am still not as into this series as everyone else in the contemporary romance world is but I think this is definitely my favourite book so far (and not just because of the cover!).

I loved the one-on-one time Alicia and Garrett had. I usually like secondary characters but I think having the main focus on the couple this time really worked.
Published 15 months ago by loveisastateofmind

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok but a lot for the money
Published 21 months ago by Kelly Wootton

3.0 out of 5 stars its ok but a lot for the money, 6 Mar 2013
Ok this was good but for the price the publishers charge not that good, its got a good story, and good leads but nothing that makes me go wow from start to finish, I did like getting to meet Garrets friends and will read Greys book next but for me these are getting a little bit bland, its all there the sex, the romance, the story but its just not sexy and romantic enough and the story is beginning to feel like I have read it before

4.0 out of 5 stars Great contemporary romance, 14 Sep 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars ok,but lacking in drama!!, 19 May 2013
i have enjoyed jaci burton's 'play-by-play' series. in general they are easy sexy reads. I don't know if its just me, but I feel like the stories are getting somewhat weaker the further we go into this series. don't get me wrong they are good easy reads, but this book really lacked drama. the story seemed thin at best. I have to admit that the sex scenes weren't up to much either, they seemed to be more of a page filler than a sexy contribution to the story. the characters were likeable but not much happened and it was highly predictable. this book really did lack substance, and its pace was slow. more so I think because like i have already said nothing really happened. I think if I didn't like the characters so much, and also was pleased to see how previous characters were doing, I would have liked this book a lot less. it could be read as a stand alone, but I wouldn't recommend it to those new to this authors work.
series order:
1. The Perfect Play
2. Changing the Game
3. Taking a Shot
4. Playing to Win
5. Thrown By A Curve

the next book in this series is "one sweet ride" which is gray's story. I will give it a go, as the excerpt at the back of this book seemed quite good. however, I will try and buy a cheaper copy, as I don't think I got my money's worth with this one.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thrown By a Curve - A Fun, Sexy Read!!, 16 April 2013
I liked this story - the reluctant injured baseball star and hot headed, tough physio. I could relate to both characters and the sex scenes were hot!! It is nice to read a book where the female lead is as stubborn as the male...

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 24 Mar 2013
Lovely book, really wish there was more books to read as now read them all and waiting for more, fantastic :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Always want more, 7 Mar 2013
I have loved every book in this series and this was no exception. Both characters were great and chapters flowed with humour and romance..I am really looking forward to meeting the new character Gray in the next instalment.

Thrown By a Curve: Play-By-Play Book 5
Thrown By a Curve: Play-By-Play Book 5 by Jaci Burton (Paperback - 2 Jan 2014)