4.0 out of 5 stars Well up to her usual standard
Published 11 months ago by Venetia

2.0 out of 5 stars I tried to like this book
Not my thing ,I'm afraid. I tried to like this book . After reading Caroline Linden and Anne Gracie I just couldnt get to grips with it.
Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Well up to her usual standard, 28 Nov 2013
Well-written with good characterisation and plenty of sexual tension. After a childhood spent being used as a weapon between his parents, Felix re-creates himself into The Ideal Gentleman. Of course, beneath the facade, he's nothing of the sort. Louisa, in need of a wealthy husband, has put a lot of time and effort into appearing to be the perfect bride - though underneath she is no more perfect than Felix is ideal. The fact that both of them are pretending is what enables each of them to recognise pretence in the other. I liked both characters and certain scenes - notably the one where Louisa admits to Felix that only 25% of her bust is her own! - live in the memory. Ms Thomas has talent.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a talented author, 11 Nov 2013
Magnificent

It was a truly wonderful insightful story written masterfully. I never wanted it to finish. She delves deep into her characters souls.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic new book by Sherry Thomas, 24 Nov 2013
I am a fan of Sherry Thomas, having read all her romances in order of publication. My favourite, to date, was Tempting the Bride. However, this probably beats even that. It's a gripping read - full of sexual tension, in large part before the main characters even touch - and although initially you do wonder if you like the hero enough to warrant his wickedness, he is sufficiently vulnerable for you to change your mind. I can't recommend it enough - I read it once, then immediately started to re-read it, because I enjoyed it so much.

2.0 out of 5 stars I tried to like this book, 4 July 2014
This review is from: The Luckiest Lady In London: London Book 1 (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars Raunchy and sweet, 4 May 2014
Classic story - flawed man puts woman on guard and then has to win her trust. Well told with a fair helping of dirty talk/implication but pretty gentle/sweet overall.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sherry Thomas difference, 18 April 2014
Ms. S. Rai (manchester, england) - See all my reviews
I really liked this book. Maybe not love but then I only have several books that I love from more than a decade of reading romance novels. Sherry Thomas has a style that makes the story fun to read and very absorbing. Recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very enjoyable read, 31 Mar 2014
I liked the way the author draw you to her characters. One of my favorite writers alongside Julie Ann Long, Lorraine Heath, Sophie Jordan and Tessa Dare.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must purchase just a fab read, 1 Feb 2014
Fab book would highly recommend this read, a modern take on a old love storey, just a must read will not be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 12 Dec 2013
Another fantastic, page turner of a story. I love Ms Thomas's style and story lines, and this was right up there. I wonder why so few authors of this genre base stories in the latter half of the 19th century - it makes for an interesting backdrop. Can't wait for the next one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic as usual!, 16 Nov 2013
4.5/5
Gorgeous writing, strong characterisation, charismatic, loveable main heroes, - this is pretty much a trademark for Sherry Thomas. Both Louisa and Felix wear masks, and it takes one skillful pretender to see another. Ironic, sensual, unexpected, this book reminds me of the latest gem by Courtney Milan - The Heiress Effect. However, a slightly disappointing ending made me take a point off my rating.

The Luckiest Lady In London: London Book 1
The Luckiest Lady In London: London Book 1 by Sherry Thomas (Paperback - 5 Nov 2013)