5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, it's hero and point of view
I read the Dominant and was enchanted. Fell in love with him!

So feeling, loving, sentiments! So different from other erotic romances because going profoundly in his point of view, thoughts, sentiments, heart. And his acts are so well justified too in this book.

Published 19 months ago by J. Kertesz

1.0 out of 5 stars repeated
I felt this book boring, it was the view of Nathaniel but repeated Abigail's experiences. Wasn't worth reading. Save your money and just read the first and third
Published 16 months ago by Lolly

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this book, it's hero and point of view, 9 Aug. 2013
I read the Dominant and was enchanted. Fell in love with him!

I do not understand why it is a great deal not to tell her that he did like her for long time from afar. Also, I found, that this was a book and a romance a complete one, without reading the other two of the trilogy. One can read it and remain satisfied which other trilogies do not do. I hate the new trend of making us wait and also pay three times. The dominant is a book one can read alone and does not leave one unsatisfied.

A new voice, a new point of view, a 'sensible' hero, I immediately did buy the other available titles from the same writer. But The Dominant still remains my preferred one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 17 Nov. 2013
This book is MUCH better than the first book, The Submissive. The bad reviews are quite amusing because people are still screaming for FSOG to be written from Christian's POV yet this book is written from Nathaniel's POV and people are screaming that they feel conned!! Obviously if you get the flip point of view, the story is going to be pretty much the same except for some extra bits (like the Todd disagreement and the chats with Paul)

I actually really liked Nathaniel in this book (I wasn't too bothered about him in book 1) We get a much better understanding of him in this book. We also understand why he behaved the way he did and why he had the kissing on the lips as a hard limit and why he chose the safeword, turpentine etc.

It's a well written book and I'm looking forward to the third book, The Training.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!!, 6 Aug. 2013
This review is from: The Dominant: Submissive 2: 2/3 (Paperback)
Nathaniel West doesn't lose control.
As CEO Of West Industries he dominates in the boardroom as well as the bedroom.
He has never taken on an inexperienced submissive, the training involved is too time consuming.
That is until an application from Abigail King lands on his desk.
One look at her name on the file and memories begin to flood his mind. All those times he'd wished to be near her, to speak to her. Just to have her notice him.
Here was his chance. How could he not accept?
Will she remember him from all those years ago?
Could he make this work?
Will Abigail's innocence and willingness to learn teach him how to love?
This is the second book in a captivating trilogy, where the first book focused on Abby's side of the story this one delivers Nathaniel's point of view.
As I reviewed book 1 `The Submissive' not too long ago I'll try not to repeat myself too much.
More often than not in books of this genre we read from the female perspective. To be able to understand both sides to this story is both wonderful and refreshing.
Nathaniel's character is I suppose what I envision a Dominant to be. He is written perfectly.
The reader gets an insight into the emotional turmoil he goes through, trying to keep his unconventional lifestyle separate from how he truly feels about Abby.
This struggle sometimes became very emotional to read.
Every part of this story had me completely drawn in. I became so lost in it I almost felt like he was narrating it rather than just me reading.
I hope that anyone that has found a new passion for this genre will read these books. They are truly not to be missed. I honestly can't wait to read the final part.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read, 6 Aug. 2013
The Dominant: The Submissive Trilogy. Tara Sue Me.

ARC supplied by Netgalley.

After Fifty Shades there have been numerous trilogies covering similar ground, some good and some - well frankly to class them as novels does other authors a disservice. Thankfully the Amazon sample service allows us readers to check out a decent section of the writing. This is book two in a trilogy, and as I haven't read book one I wondered if I'd be able to pick it up OK. It was perfect though, there were questions I have which I wondered if they were covered in book one, but I've a feeling they'll be a huge part of book three. The sample of book one seems to tell the story from Abby's POV whereas book two starts from the beginning but from Nathaniel's POV. I love these first person books, I really feel as if I get an insight into how the character is feeling. Both Abby and Nathaniel were likeable people, but holding what seems to be some pretty big secrets from each other, especially Nathaniel. He fears revealing his secret will make Abby leave him, and once he's begun to have deeper feelings for her he's very confused as its an alien feeling to him, but doesn't want to risk her leaving. Of course secrets always come out in the end, and when it did - well, I felt my heart was breaking for them both too. Its a classic romance ideal where one person does what he/she thinks is right for the other long term, even knowing its going to cause pain. Nathaniel is classic man, he takes that decision and the pain they both feel from it is tangible. Its a really emotional section in the book, and readers of past reviews will know that I actually love this kind of emotion - I feel it makes the high parts of romance so much sweeter.
The writing was excellent, and despite not having read part one I was able to follow the story easily. It centred around Abby and Nathaniel mainly, but there were friends and family involved and they were also clearly drawn and likeable people. I felt as if I knew them all. What I really loved is that although this is part of a trilogy it could almost be read -IMO- as a standalone romance, and it was so beautifully done, full of angst and emotions and the sex/love scenes were very touching. A huge plus for me too was there was No Cliffhanger Ending : ) I hate those with a passion! Tara, a massive thanks for that - it seems to be a growing trend, and from comments on my reviews I know there are many many of us that hate it and are put off buying duo's and trilogies because of it.
Seeing the novel from Nathaniel's POV meant that, for instance, when he punishes Abby for transgressing one of his rules we can see that he's not just the arbitrary, cold, closed-off man he appears to be handing out a penalty for breaking a rule, but that it causes him deep emotional pain, and makes him think about what and how much is needed, and question if his actions are correct.
As I said I've many questions about the background to both of them that I am curious to see how it shapes their behaviour, and wonder about where the story is taking them next. The sex scenes were very well written, erotic and tantalising without that touch of "yukkiness" that permeates so many erotic works. No silly valentines style names for each other, no stomach churning words to describe genitalia. Sometimes when I read what are supposed to be erotic novels and they're full of "Daddy, Baby, titties (I kid you not!), man meat..." I wonder just who does find this kind of writing a turn on, it certainly has the opposite effect on me so its a treat to find an author who writes erotic sex without descending to the ludicrous. It makes the book so much more sensual when readers are treated as adults.
OK that's my thoughts. Loved the book, a real five star read that will be joining my keepers file and I definitely want to read book three, and may go for book one just to see what I've missed and to learn more of Abby and her past.

Stars: a real gem of a novel, a well deserved five stars.

1.0 out of 5 stars repeated, 13 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars love this..., 28 Sept. 2013
I like that we're now able to get his side of the same story, and understand him a bit more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 22 Sept. 2013
kickboxer (Herne bay, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Same as the first book but written from the Dominant's pov.
Absolutely loved it! When reading the Submissive, you are always wondering what Nathaniel is actually really thinking and it was nice to be able to find out through this book.
Can't wait for the third one.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 23 Aug. 2013
Having read The Submissive Book 1, this is exactly the same story told from the Dominant's point of view. Same dialogue (verbatim) as in the first book throughout the whole of the book. Complete waste of money. This is Book 1 re-drafted. Expectations were that The Dominant would let us get to know the character, how he got into BDSM, his past subs etc. In truth this is a fairly weak dom, begs, cries, is selfish.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: The Dominant: Submissive 2: 2/3 (Paperback)
after reading the first book i was intrigued to read this as i have read a lot of erotic books but never a whole book from a mans point and although the story was the same and i thought what would be the point the author has wrote it fantastically it was a real in site to read from a mans point and i really enjoyed the journey and am eager to read book 3

5.0 out of 5 stars sexy, yummy, saucy, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Dominant: Submissive 2: 2/3 (Paperback)
This is exactly the same plot as Tara Sue Me's first book in the trilogy "the submissive", yet it reads like a whole new book!!!! You learn more about the dominant, grow to understand his actions, and fall deeper in lust with him! Another fabulously steamy book that you will not be able to put down!

The Dominant: Submissive 2: 2/3
The Dominant: Submissive 2: 2/3 by Tara Sue Me (Paperback - 6 Aug. 2013)