Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 February 2013
I read this book in one go...unable to put it down. Just the right balance of bdsm & real life. Brilliantly written, totally grabs you into Abigails thinking - you feel her emotion , her desires, her wants & needs. Oh realise I'm using my partners account...haha! I'm not Simon Booth....I'm Debs Hunter Cogan!! Cant wait for The Dominant on Aug 6th (please publishers, dont delay it!!)
on 13 January 2013
don't let any preconceived ideas you have stop you reading this story it's a love story at heart so give it a try.
on 24 May 2013
I have to say that I am exceptionally pleased to be able to offer a review of The Submissive now that it's been published, as I hugely appreciated it as a story in its own right and as the start of an amazing trilogy, in its original form.

Many other reviewers have compared this to Fifty Shades - understandably as that made its way into the wider domain first - but having read both Fifty Shades and The Submissive, The Dominant and The Training in their original form, Tara Sue Me's trilogy is the one that set the bar and I returned to this story many times as one of the best examples of its genre available. (I never actually made it all the way through Fifty Shades - or Master of the Universe as it was - as comparatively, having read The Submissive, Fifty Shades just didn't stand up.)

Despite this, I wasn't actually sure that I would purchase The Submissive when I found out that it would be released commercially, but I'm glad that I did. The changes made haven't affected my enjoyment of the story at all and I felt that I was better able to relate to the characters in this edition than I had previously.

The story is enjoyable and well told and I'm looking forward to rediscovering The Dominant and The Training again in due course.

If you did enjoy Fifty Shades, then I highly recommend The Submissive trilogy - you won't regret it!
on 19 August 2013
Abby finally has a chance to experience her secret fantasy, to become a submissive. And not just a submissive to anyone but to Nathaniel West, the hot & typical-CEO-of-everything man with relationship issues.

Okay, that started off well but kinda derailed... a bit like the book actually.

'The Submissive' is an okay book, it began great, with high tension and sexual anticipation. I loved the actual Submissive/Dominant agreement from the offset. Unfortunately everything that I hate in this genre happened - falling in love too quickly, dominant guy turns into mush, submissive girl - who initiated the agreement - wants a relationship (poor guys just want a kinky lay! Then comes the emotions...) and worst of all was the back story (of them both). I won't spoil it but it's very corny. I don't mind some romance but this felt rushed and flat, I never rooted for either character and their emotions didn't affect me like a dynamic couple should.

Not my favourite book in this genre, it's saving grace was jumping straight into BDSM at the start. Maybe I need to read the next books to get into the series but from this book alone I wasn't a fan. If you like your erotica a bit more lovey-dovey then give it a go though, all-in-all it wasn't a bad book, just not my cup of tea.
on 28 March 2013
I'm a big fan of fifty shades and wondered how it would compare but I absolutely loved it, definitely worth a read
on 25 March 2013
Brilliant loved every bit of the book like 50 shades of grey need the next book now excited.com very x
on 5 May 2013
Really enjoyed this book I have not read this trilogy before so I am eagerly awaiting the release of the next book,could not put the book down. Loved the characters,good plot,what more can I say read it.
on 27 April 2013
I have to say I have enjoyed this first book of the trilogy and an really looking forward to the next one. The story is very well written and I like the fact you get to know the characters well in this book, the next should be an easy read and by the looks of the preview an enjoyable one too.
on 21 April 2013
This book was a very good read, the characters were believeable and the story good, not dissimilar to Fifty series but loved the ending and how Abby did not want to change him, loved the collar, looked for part 2 which is not out yet, but can't wait for the next instalment.
on 7 May 2013
Really enjoyed this book and look forward to the following books in this trilogy - as good as the Fifty books!