5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book!
Published 3 months ago by Phil

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for half a story
Published 10 months ago by Anthony Gregson

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for half a story, 9 Nov 2013
Why do authors these days think we only want half a story. The ending to this book was poor, thrown together at the last moment obviously hoping the reader will buy the next instalment. why don't the authors say at the beginning that they are going to drag the story out into numerous additions. I bought this book on the understanding I was going to read a complete story only to find out I had been hoodwinked into buying a taster. Miffed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great book!, 19 Jun 2014
I had read the other books in this series and couldn't find Chindi in the shops for years. Fortunately, Amazon (and Kindle) were there. I loved this book. It is a great addition to the others and a typical Jack McDevitt story: a new breath in science fiction, a book that you'll want to keep reading until the end (and then re-read many times over the coming years). I have read most of his other books, and read them several times already since they were published. Each time, they can be enjoyed in a new way. I would definitely recommend this book (and others by the same author) to anyone starting with science fiction, or wanting to go back to the sense of wonder of the 1950s, with a definitely modern take.

Chindi (Academy - Book 3)
Chindi (Academy - Book 3) by Jack McDevitt (Paperback - 12 Sep 2013)
8.61