on 30 October 2012
If, like me, you've been following Texts From Dog online, then this is a must-have!

It's great to see them all together, right from day one, and genuinely contains numerous laugh out loud moments.

It's been well put-together, with some amusing illustrations too.

A superb stocking-filler for Xmas or just a little treat for yourself.
on 23 November 2013
I have been following texts from dog for a while now on line.

Both this and the first book are laugh out loud funny at every page

An absolute must for any dog owner
on 10 December 2013
I bought the first one last year for my 16 year old, I read it and had to dry my eyes several times. This year I bought this one for my now 17 year old, he told me when it was out and said he wanted it for Xmas, we couldn't wait so read it as soon as it arrived.

As above...again I was forced to dry my eyes and cross my legs, it is pure brilliant, be warned Dog has a friend this year and he is fantastic, I don't even have to read the text I just look at his photo and it sets me off.

October Jones...don't stop! I want to buy Text from Dog books until my lad is at least in his 30's.

Well done!
on 2 June 2013
Funny as always. But for the £6 price tag for the Kindle version I'd have liked a little more value for money.
on 1 November 2012
Text from Dog has been making me laugh since I started following online. I've been looking forward to the book ever since I heard it was coming out and it didn't disappoint! Even funnier than on Tumblr. Definitely worth a read...
on 4 December 2015
As the blurb suggests the book is the sharing of texts between author October Jones and his pet bulldog (alter-ego Batdog.) The texts range from keeping the neighborhood safe from the vicious enemy who might also be known as the Postman, and his arch-enemy CatCat. The texts are often sarcastic, tongue in cheek and tend to rely on Batdog causing trouble and his poor owner having to clean up the mess created.

What can I say, I am very easily amused and this book really captured the life of a companionship with a rather loveable although slightly volatile Batdog. We get to delve into the lives of the dogs being left alone to wreck/break/ruin household appliances, attack the neighborhood and general dog behaviors. There are around two hundred texts or so and many connect with other texts so it does feel like a story between the two rather than being written aimlessly.

It's a quick read and one that you flick through and then pass on for another to enjoy its charm. I think this would make a perfect secret santa present or something for wrapping up and popping in a stocking. It has the feel-good factor although not child safe - I will say that. The language although amusing and adds to the charm of the book sure isn't clean

There were a few scattered illustrations throughout, and we get a number of images of BATDOG which was a nice addition to the pages. This is the second book and it was nice to see a lot of original text as after looking at Amazon and Goodreads it seems that the first has a lot of repeated from social media. I really enjoyed reading this and will definitely be buying numerous copies and sending them to a number of friends I think will really find it amusing. It's a little silly, often hilarious and it's fun - what more could you ask for?
on 20 June 2013
I first came across these texts on Facebook, then found the website so ordered the book to get more! A little bit expensive but worth it, the texts are hilarious and I found myself laughing out loud all the way through.
on 21 November 2013
Having loved the first book, this was always going to be something I ordered. The books are hilarious, it's the sort of humour that seems to appeal to everybody and sits on our coffee table for anyone to pick up. The only thing I would say - as others have - as with all sequels, 'The Dog Delusion', although brilliantly funny in it's own right, isn't quite as good as the original book.

Still five stars without a doubt though!
on 10 May 2013
Read the book from cover to cover, although that's not too hard, was brilliant and funny, a great read to lighten any mood.

When's the sequel?
on 29 November 2012
I have to say I've been following 'Texts from Dog' for a while, and yet I still bought the book. Some of the texts still make me p*ss myself, and the anthropomorphism is spot on!

I would thoroughly recommend this as a stocking filler or a present for a dog-loving distant relative (given that the price is on the back they'll know how much you spent on them...).