Format: PaperbackChange

on 24 October 2013
I bought this book based on the back cover. If only I had opened the front cover, for there I would have been greeted with five pages of the Cast of 67 Characters e.g. Lieutenant Colonel Jimmy "Juju" Maili, commander 199th Expeditionary Fighter Squadron, Hawaii Air National Guard, Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickman (F-22A Raptor). Had I got passed this endless list, I would have then been greeted with 23 Author's Notes and Chinese Words e.g. Chinese aviation assault carrier Tongyi = Reunification. If I still had the stamina I would have then been greeted with 5 pages of 77 Weapons and Acronyms e.g. Joint Tactical Information Distribution System (JTIDS) - advanced military data sharing system.
All this would have given a clue that there would be no shortage of detail in this book. Unfortunately, the abundance of technical data combined with long tedious narratives is inversley proportional to a fairly thin storyline. Just as the book gets interesting - it suddenly ends.
on 17 September 2013
Reads like a maintenance/flying manual. Found it to be heavily loaded with too much technical detail on aircraft construction etc. Distracted me from the story line - gave it up as a bad job in the end.
on 30 June 2014
Book arrived very quickly thankyou very much really pleased looking forward to reading this, would recommend the seller excellent thankyou !!!!!
on 19 December 2014
good. what I've come to expect from dale
on 8 August 2013
This author keeps in suspense from begin to the end. great characters in the story but will this be the last one?
0Comment1 of 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse