5.0 out of 5 stars Had to have it!
Published on 11 May 2013 by Oddvar Nordfjell

2.0 out of 5 stars MORE WEIRD THINGS PEOPLE SAY IN BOOKSHOPS.
As the title suggests this is the second book in a series of books about the weird things people say in bookshops (mainly the one where the author works) and, in this case, libraries and book signings.

With more giggle-worthy moments than laugh-out-loud ones, call me a cynic but I really struggled to believe that rather than genuine questions some of these...
Published on 8 May 2013 by Tracy Terry

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to have it!, 11 May 2013
This review is from: More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops (Hardcover)
I bought and read the first "Weird Things..." book here in Sweden (Bokhandelns Blues på svenska ;) ) and loved it! I recently was on a trip in London and couldn't wait for it to translate the second book, so I went and bought them both in English while I was there. They make me laugh so much! I am so glad the author continued noted down more funny comments, it is a great little book to have in the coffee table and my friends have enjoyed reading too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Not to be read in public...., 14 May 2013
This review is from: More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops (Hardcover)
As the guffaws at the ridiculous things that people ask in bookshops, and now library will make you laugh out loud! A lot!!

This book is as good as the first. There are some absolute howlers from the misinformed beast that is the general public. People seem so misinformed when it come to anything these days. The things that they ask for or say whilst in a bookshop
Beggar belief. Also amusing in the refresing honesnty that you get from a small child; I am not sure what...

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely hilarious, 16 Jun. 2014
If you want something really enjoyable to read, a book you can pick up and put down and be sure of a smile a minute, the two books (so far) in this series (I hope) are a must. On the other hand, if you ever supposed that only intelligent people go into bookshops prepare yourself for a shock ...

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read., 2 Feb. 2014
I thought this volume was more enjoyable and funnier than the first one. People do say crazy things.

Amongst my favorites:

CUSTOMER: Did they make a film edition of the Bible when The Passion of the Christ came out? You know, the text of the Bible, but with Mel Gibson on the front cover?

CUSTOMER: Do you have a book on how to identify swingers?

I will be recommending this to a lot of people !

5.0 out of 5 stars More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops, 1 Sept. 2013
A hilarious read. I can't remember when I last laughed so much over a book. and have re-read this and its prequel several times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me titter, 20 May 2013
Ms. S. M. Anderson (UK) - See all my reviews
Did make me laugh, surely some can't be true! But now I do feel bad because I bought and read
It on my kindle!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird Things Customers Say in Bookstores, 30 Jan. 2014
This review is from: More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops (Hardcover)
I was torn between laughter and consternation. A must read to anyone who has ever worked, or is even planning to work, in a bookshop. Be well prepared for a wide range of either jaw-dropping weirdness or cringe-worthy stupidity of some comments of the customers. Read it, enjoy it, and laugh!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 21 May 2013
S. Walford "loyal reader" (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops (Hardcover)
Brilliant book - so funny and shows how silly some people can be!! Really enjoyed reading it.
It is difficult to put it down once you start it but, with it being in 'bite-sized chunks', you can read a bit and then leave it for another time, without losing the thread.

4.0 out of 5 stars The idea works better than you'd think., 9 Sept. 2014
An unusual idea for a book but I enjoyed it. People really do say some very strange things in bookshops! I should have been surprised at the comments from customers, but working in a post office I get asked some pretty weird questions myself.

4.0 out of 5 stars Coffee table book, 3 Aug. 2013
This review is from: More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops (Hardcover)
I saw this book advertised and though it would be nice for a Christmas present. I landed up reading it myself and had a smile on my face with every page. Easy to read; a pick up and put down book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops
More Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops by Jen Campbell (Hardcover - 18 April 2013)