Format: Paperback|Change

on 25 August 2014
This book is amazing. It practices what it preaches and provides QR exemplars of the points made throughout - though sadly these did not always work! It clearly and concisely demonstrates how to make learning objectives understandable through success criteria, how to develop a growth mindset learning culture and many more aspects of brilliant classroom teaching. It is true that the focus, in the main is on KS 2, but in a way this is irrelevant. Good teaching is good teaching and as relevant to secondary school teachers as those in the EYFS. I want to share this book with all my teaching colleagues within my own school and would highly recommend it to all my fellow teachers whether they be in the public or private sectors.
on 28 August 2014
Excellent - very inspiring. Shirley Clarke has a no nonsense way of of writing about the key ingredients for establishing outstanding learning in classrooms. Very practical and based on recent and relevant real life examples. Very highly recommended.
on 29 August 2014
This book is easy to read and gives a clear understanding of the principles of key approaches to teaching and how they might be implemented into the classroom. I would commend it to new and experienced teachers who want to develop their practice.
on 4 August 2014
Probably on of the most informative books I have read. Full of interesting ideas and suggestions the book is very accessible and easy to read. Clarke has simplified the work of Dweck which allows a classroom friendly approach.
on 7 September 2014
A fantastic book - so many wonderful ideas that I maybe had once thought of doing but had forgotten!
Really easy to read and I have already taken at least 10 new things to do within my school.
on 11 October 2014
Useful for information on embedding a growth mindset culture into schools.
on 8 February 2015
Although this repeats some of the ideas in Shirley Clarke's earlier books I found this to be a real refresher. I particularly liked the links to the bite sized video clips which I will be using in staff INSET sessions.
on 2 May 2015
Excellent for any teacher. I would highly recommend reading this book.
on 16 May 2015
delivered on time. Brilliant up to date advice to help rewrite policies and support teachers in their drive to becoming Outstanding teachers. I am using this book as a basis for our Inset Training at school.
on 20 March 2015
Brilliant book - very easy to read and has lots of practical ideas you can use immediately. Can't recommend it enough for any teacher out there who wants to improve their teaching style!