Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Learn more Shop Men's Shop Women's

Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 April 2012
This is the first time that I have left a review, but I had to share my thoughts on this book.

It's a Well Written book that left you wanting more!!! A great believable story. The Author took the time to allow you to get to know the characters and not just the main 2; I enjoyed the peripheral characters just as much. Can't wait to read the authors next book!
on 21 April 2012
Couldn't put this intense, funny and brillantly written book down. It had me gripped from start to finish, it's a must owed book... Looking forward to reading more from this author
on 20 April 2012
Thoroughly enjoyable read.
I found the storyline was realistic and was a good length, although I feel that the ending seemed slightly rushed and could have been explored further. Apart from that I found it hard to put down!
on 23 March 2012
This is one of the few books i have taken the time to review. Well written, good storyline and characters you can actually warm to. Pretty sure there is a link to Birmingham which is always a plus point. Looking forward to the next book by Kiki Archer.
on 12 April 2012
This has every think you want in it laugh out loud humour, romance ,twist and turns a book you will not want to put down , looking forward to see what the next book will be from this author a truly great read :-)
on 3 June 2012
I have to start with the few complaints I had about this book. Namely, there were some glaringly obvious typos, such as the word 'seen' instead of 'she' (something which I find inexcusable in a published book). I also found a few sentences to be grammatically incorrect, as well finding the general sentence construction to be clumsy.

Nevertheless, the fact that I stayed up until 5am, finishing the book in one 6 hour sitting, is testament to it's ability to draw the reader in. In the true sense of the word, the book was literally 'unputdownable' for me. All of the main characters were likable and relatable (with the exception of one - I won't ruin the plot and say anymore) and I was pleasantly surprised to find the book set in the UK after presuming it to have a US setting.

Despite on the surface having an all to familiar plot, I found 'But She Is My Student' to be refreshing and captivating. The previously mentioned gripes did annoy me, but it is possible to look past these when a book is as enjoyable as this!
on 12 January 2013
It's so refreshing to read a lesbian romance which is well written, passionate, gripping, believable and not full of tacky sex.....absolutely brilliant. I couldn't put this book down, it made my Christmas holidays and I read its sequel 'Instigations' in a day. Such a great read also for girls coming out, it's all so true.
on 12 February 2014
I loved the writing. I loved the characters and overal I really enjoyed this book. But there's one massive problem. And that is that Kat IS Freya's teacher. However stalwart and wonderful Kat may be, in the real world everybody wouldn't have been so thrilled with the prospect. Even more importantly if Kat was a male teacher lusting after a 17 year old pupil I think the reception to the 'love story' would be different and she'd be seen as a sexual predator. I also found the head teachers comments towards the end of the book about her own affair at 15 really disturbing. I'm not sure how you could get around these issues as this is the main plot line to the novel but for me it left me kind of uncomfortable. I'd be really interested to know the authors thoughts on older male teachers affairs with younger students.
All that aside, I still enjoyed this and think it's well written and will read her other books.
on 17 July 2012
I never normally write reviews but felt this had to be done as this book was simply amazing. I read it in two sittings, mainly because when i tried to put it down i could hear it shouting at me to be picked back up again. Then once i did finish it i lasted maybe a day before i picked it up & started all over again.

From begining to end i was hooked never knowing if they would finally get together & break all the rules or not. The characters were very well written & hilarious at times, especially Lucy in the corridor with those annoying lights!!

Went on-line after finishing it (the first time) to buy the follow up then realised it's not out till September so gutted, but at least i've got something to look forward to. This is one book that should be made into a movie & followed page for page. Loved it, will certainly be looking out for Kiki Archer in the future.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 May 2012
This was such an easy, enjoyable read and I would recommend to anyone who wants to enjoy reading. I couldn't put it down and my only critism would be that I wish it was longer as I was disappointed when I realised I had come to the end. I wanted more! Bring on the sequal, I can't wait.