5.0 out of 5 stars another brilliant read.
As a big fan of Dawns, obviously I loved the book. I completed Paper Aeroplanes in a day and did this one in two. Thoroughly entertaining, hilarious and relatable to anybody thats ever been an 18 year old girl! I have become some what attached to Renee and Flo, cant wait for the 3rd book.
Published 8 months ago by louise heyes

3.0 out of 5 stars Witty, Stong and a teenage nightmare.
Paper Aeroplanes was my 2013 YA book of the Year, so I had extremely high expections for Goose.
I was so excited to be back in Guernsey with Renee and Flo and to see what had changed and what on earth they could be getting themselves into.

OK, what to say?
It's extremely dark.
It's practically a teenagers worst nightmare.
Flo is still...
Published 7 months ago by Pajama Book Girl

3.0 out of 5 stars Witty, Stong and a teenage nightmare., 11 May 2014

OK, what to say?
It's extremely dark.
It's practically a teenagers worst nightmare.
Flo is still extremely insecure and Renee is still her loud mouth protector.
erm....

To be totally honest with you I just wasn't engrossed enough to get the big shock factor that Goose gives. The first book had me gripped from the start and didn't let go at all. Even now if I think back I'm instantly gripped again. I so needed Goose to be like that, and although it is very good it just does not have that metal fist that grips you hard, pulls you in and doesn't let go. I just felt like there wasn't much point to some of it. It focused a lot more on Flo and her Bible bashing which was a bit on the boring side. I do see that both charcters need and deserve their own plots and time, and this was a test in their relationship hence two different stories merging into one, but it just dragged a bit.
It's good, please don't think I hated it because that's not true. The plot is strong and the characters still amazing. Their are issues that have been treated with care and it's extremely funny. I just wanted it to on the same level as Paper Aeroplanes and unfortunately it wasn't.

3/5

3.0 out of 5 stars If you've read the 1st one, it's a must., 18 Aug 2014
This review is from: Goose (Paper Aeroplanes) (Paperback)
I actually feel a bit mean about what I am going to say about this book because I love Dawn, she is so warm and friendly and funny to all of her twitter followers and I really loved the first book. However, I feel like this book was a little bit flat. I didn’t feel the empathy for the characters that I felt in the first book. It almost felt like the book was written in a rush. That said, I would love to read a short story catching up with both Renée and Flo NOW in 2014. I want to know if they are still friends, do they both still live in Guernsey or not?

For me, the stories weren’t intertwined enough to grip me. I felt like i was following 2 completely different stories. I didn’t actually care what happened to Renée, I started to dislike her…..a lot! Maybe this was what Dawn wanted because just when you started to think “what a dick”, WHOSH something happens which throws you. I didn’t expect that to happen and I actually didn’t care too much about Renée and what would happen to her, i felt like she was the cog that moved Flo’s story on at that point and it made you want a happy ending for Flo.

Maybe it was because it had been 2years since i read Paper Aeroplanes or maybe because I am a little older than I think Dawn’s target audience is but it’s not a book i would go out of my way to recommend. If you have read the first book, read this one. If you haven’t read the first one, read it and then read this one.

Do make sure you have tissues handy though because it did make me cry towards the end!

1.0 out of 5 stars Over hyped, poorly written, 3 April 2014
I doubt very much Dawn would have got a book deal if she wasn't so heavily into self promotion - she just loves to talk about herself and is obsessed with twitter. It's not the most awful book in the world, but it's nothing new or original and it isn't written very well. It is popular due to the hype, due to the self promotion. Clever self promotion, yes, but a great writer? Alas no. Unfortunately, I'm sure there are more to follow........
I didn't buy this, a friend gives me her read book so I inherited it. It's now at the charity shop, lol.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ideal to read on the tube, 24 May 2014
Mrs. J. Kent "hammersmith" (England) - See all my reviews
If you want something that is a quick read , maybe whilst travelling then this is for you. Nothing bad about it, just lacks the depth I enjoy when I a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars another brilliant read., 16 April 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Love dawn disappointed, 5 April 2014
I enjoyed Dawns first book paper airplanes and wanted to know more about what happened to the characters. I read this book extremely quickly. Started well but it just descended into silliness and I was quite frankly bored towards the end. Shame as the first novel was better thought out. I love Dawns documentaries on TV so would read another book of hers just not this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!! So amazing!, 25 Nov 2014
Such a lovely book and written so well. Every emotion came up throughout the story. A great sequel to Paper Aeroplanes.

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read*****, 15 Nov 2014
Loved this sequel from start to finish!!! I Can't wait to find out what happens to Renee and Flo next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great follow up to Paper Aeroplanes, 13 April 2014
Read the book in a day, i just couldn't wait to read what Renee and Flo did next and I wasn't disappointed either ;0) Hopefully there will be another book to follow this...

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, silly and seems rushed, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Goose (Paper Aeroplanes) (Paperback)
Enjoyed the first book, Paper Aeroplanes - simple, but an enjoyable easy read.
Book 2, GOOSE, was very disappointing and I'm annoyed I wasted my money.
The story is mundane and goes nowhere. It's very simple, it's boring and the whole book seems rushed and written just for the sake of it. Bad.

Goose (Paper Aeroplanes)
Goose (Paper Aeroplanes) by Dawn O'Porter (Paperback - 3 April 2014)