‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Had me giggling merrily!, 28 Jun 2013
E. Heckingbottom "elaineheck143" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Volume 15 (Audio Go) (Audio CD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This a series that I have always enjoyed when I have caught it; and these CDs were certainly no disappointment. It is a gentle yet sardonic, cynically sarcastic comedy panel quiz show where being funny is considered more important than winning. Over the years, the formula has only ever been gently tweaked, but nothing more is needed.

These four episodes series feature the regular panellists, Graeme Garden, Tim Brooke-Taylor and Barry Cryer who are joined by Rob Brydon, Jeremy Hardy, Ross Noble and Victoria Wood in their pursuit of extreme silliness. Games include: playing one song to the tune of another; Uxbridge dictionary; Mornington Crescent and many more of the the old favourites, along with a few intriguing and enjoyable new games.

Each episode lasts just over 35 minutes (the original 30 minute episode plus an extra 5 to 10 minute 'bonus section'; during which the panellists all do their best to make one another laugh ... and manage to make me do the same; to the extent that I kept having to sit in the car for another few minutes once I'd got home in order to hear just a little bit more!

Well worth a go!

4.0 out of 5 stars More high quality silliness, 13 Jun 2013
Marand (Warwickshire) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Now comfortably into the Jack Dee era, this latest collection (selected by producer and "mystery voice" Jon Naismith) is the usual mixture of clever word play, silliness and filthy jokes with occasional musical accompaniment.

The three regulars (Barry Cryer, Tim Brooke Taylor and Graeme Garden) are in pretty good form, with Garden in particular coming up with some very clever responses. The usual rounds (Mornington Crescent, Uxbridge English Dictionary, One Song to the Tune of Another, Sound Charades) are present and correct and are as enjoyable as ever. New rounds, including 84 Chicken Cross Road, Complete Bellocs and Grassington's Got Talent, give a bit of variety (within the overall descriptor of "silly things to do") and generally keep the standard up.

As with others in the series, this latest selection comprises four shows, each with a different guest joining Jack and the regulars. This time the guests are Rob Brydon, Jeremy Hardy, Victoria Wood and Ross Noble. As with the previous volume, Brydon is on very sharp form in the wordplay, and his rendition of "My Old Man's a Dustman" to the tune of "Windmills of Your Mind" is another highlight. Hardy, almost a regular these days, is rather more downbeat than usual and Wood sounds slightly out of her comfort zone, but Noble is at his absurdist best and the rest of the panel are happy to go along with him.

A welcome further addition to the library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring Me the Rest of Alfredo Garcia, 28 Jun 2013
Trevor Willsmer (London, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue remains the one fixed point in a changing universe: like its more topical TV cousin Have I Got News For You, a sardonic comedy panel quiz show where being funny is more important than winning. The formula has only been gently tweaked over the years, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

As with previous CD compilations, this is a somewhat re-edited version presented as four programmes, kicking off with one blinder of an episode coming from Wales before settling down to being very funny rather than consistently hilarious in the later ones. And what a blinder the first one is, with Tim Brooke Taylor singing Fireman Sam to the tune of I Don't Know How to Love Him, Rob Brydon singing My Old Man's a Dustman to the tune of The Windmills of Your Mind, Rob Brydon correcting Jack Dee's Welsh pronunciation and a Welsh satnav ("Wow - Wales has a cinema!"). It may be the same old thing year after year, but when that same old thing is as funny as this, who cares?

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect (yet again), 25 Jun 2013
J. Walsh "joannejo90" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you are looking for a good tear inducing (make of that what you will) belly laugh, you HAVE to listen to ISIHAC, any series and this CD, in particular, is definently a belly laugh CD. I always forget to listen to the program on the radio,(I am useless!!) so I tend to catch up with the CD's. This one has four of the programes on it and is wonderful. I tend to listen in the car then wonder why I cant see the road for tears in my eyes (not a good idea I grant you) I must say I was worried when the incomparable host Humph died, but he was very dry and straight with his hosting as is Jack Dee...a very good successer to the throne with his dry wit.

Barry Cryer does indeed make me cry (with laughter) and Tim and Graham more than keep up with him.

Please, if you have any sense at all and would consider yourself with a GSH.....(in dating terms) then you have nothing to loose...go on ...have a belly laugh, you know you want too !!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Being given silly things to review by AudioGO, 16 Jun 2013
R. C. McGinlay (Ilford, Essex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This double CD contains edited highlights from four tour venues (Swansea, Grassington, Preston and Kingston), material from which was originally broadcast on BBC Radio 4 across eight episodes during 2011 and 2012. For this reason, we hear Jack Dee telling us that it's the end of the present series twice.

If you're a fan of the show, then you'll find all your favourite rounds here, including Just a Minim, Sound Charades, 84 Chicken Cross Road, and my personal preference Uxbridge English Dictionary - listen out for the teams' interesting new definitions of saveloy, bicker and dominion. Even a round that sometimes tries my patience, Mornington Crescent, has been enlivened by the addition of sat nav - which in the Swansea edition speaks with mouthy Welsh tones. If you're not a fan of the show, then I'm sorry, you haven't a clue what you're missing!

My only criticism of this volume is that surely a singer-songwriter like Victoria Wood could have been given a greater musical challenge than singing the words from "Roxanne" by the Police to the theme from "Neighbours". Still, this is more than made up for by hearing Graeme Garden singing "The Wheels on the Bus" to the tune of Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind".

"I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue 15" helped me to while away 2 hours and 35 minutes that would otherwise not have been nearly as much fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Instant Relief, 21 Mar 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The boss has been emailing you all day and deliveries have somehow gone missing. Customers phone to complain, never praise. So, when you finally manage to start the journey home, bung this in the mobile sound system and revive the chuckle muscles.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 28 Jun 2013
artemisrhi "artemisrhi" (Forest of Dean) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
2 CDs and over two and a hour hours of laughs, giggles and lols. My absolute favourite is "sound charades". To those that know and love Sorry I have't a clue you will know why and for those who don't "Trust Me" it is worth it. My 10 1n 12 year old sons have whisked the cd away to play and re-play, I only got to listen as they had it in the car when we went on a long trip. I hear them quoting from it now and then

There are four extended episodes featuring Jack Dee, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Barry Cryer and Gtaeme Garden, Jeremy Hardy, Rob Brydon, ross Noble and Victoris Wood

Really really good and don't forget Mornington Crescent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, Great Value... and all this without the mighty Humph!, 26 Jun 2013
G. J. Oxley "Gaz" (Tyne & Wear, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue' is still going strong even though many (myself included) thought it might wither and die, or be humanely put to sleep after long-term chairman Humphrey Lyttelton's sad death in 2008 (Can it REALLY be five years since old Humph passed away?)

This 15th collection contains four full programmes of the most consistenly funny British radio series EVER - or at least in my listening lifetime. I've played both discs and now I'll lay the set down - like a vintage wine - and listen to it again in a couple of years time, where no doubt I'll chortle again and again at the punning, japery and merry antics of the 'boys' as they go through their paces on rounds new and familiar.

Regular listeners of the 'antidote to panel shows' will need no persuading to buy, but any newcomers should be aware that even though it can get VERY naughty at times, I can't see it offending too many in this day and age.

On the strength of this offering 'ISIHAC' is still shockingly good, even though you can't help miss Humph's charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Always reliable, 16 Jun 2013
Manda Moo (UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue is always brilliant, this CD is no exception. 4 shows on 2 discs, made me laugh until it hurt, very very silly and fantastic as always.

5.0 out of 5 stars As hilarious as always, 16 Jun 2013
Grev (Brighton) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you're a regular listener to Radio 4's flagship comedy show then you'll already know that host Jack Dee is a perfect fit for ISIHAC and that the show is as hilarious as it ever was. Everyone will always have their favourite/least favourite rounds - for instance I've never liked One Song To The Tune Of Another - but these are only minor quibbles.

This is the comedy panel show that all other radio comedy panel shows wish they were for a very good reason: it's consistently hilarious. So just sit back and enjoy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Volume 15 (Audio Go)
I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue: Volume 15 (Audio Go) by Iain Pattinson (Audio CD - 25 April 2013)
10.34