5.0 out of 5 stars Had me giggling merrily!, 28 Jun. 2013
E. Heckingbottom "elaineheck143" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue: Volume 15 (Audio Go) (Audio CD)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This a series that I have always enjoyed when I have caught it; and these CDs were certainly no disappointment. It is a gentle yet sardonic, cynically sarcastic comedy panel quiz show where being funny is considered more important than winning. Over the years, the formula has only ever been gently tweaked, but nothing more is needed.

These four episodes series feature the regular panellists, Graeme Garden, Tim Brooke-Taylor and Barry Cryer who are joined by Rob Brydon, Jeremy Hardy, Ross Noble and Victoria Wood in their pursuit of extreme silliness. Games include: playing one song to the tune of another; Uxbridge dictionary; Mornington Crescent and many more of the the old favourites, along with a few intriguing and enjoyable new games.

Each episode lasts just over 35 minutes (the original 30 minute episode plus an extra 5 to 10 minute 'bonus section'; during which the panellists all do their best to make one another laugh ... and manage to make me do the same; to the extent that I kept having to sit in the car for another few minutes once I'd got home in order to hear just a little bit more!

Well worth a go!

4.0 out of 5 stars More high quality silliness, 13 Jun. 2013
Marand - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Now comfortably into the Jack Dee era, this latest collection (selected by producer and "mystery voice" Jon Naismith) is the usual mixture of clever word play, silliness and filthy jokes with occasional musical accompaniment.

The three regulars (Barry Cryer, Tim Brooke Taylor and Graeme Garden) are in pretty good form, with Garden in particular coming up with some very clever responses. The usual rounds (Mornington Crescent, Uxbridge English Dictionary, One Song to the Tune of Another, Sound Charades) are present and correct and are as enjoyable as ever. New rounds, including 84 Chicken Cross Road, Complete Bellocs and Grassington's Got Talent, give a bit of variety (within the overall descriptor of "silly things to do") and generally keep the standard up.

As with others in the series, this latest selection comprises four shows, each with a different guest joining Jack and the regulars. This time the guests are Rob Brydon, Jeremy Hardy, Victoria Wood and Ross Noble. As with the previous volume, Brydon is on very sharp form in the wordplay, and his rendition of "My Old Man's a Dustman" to the tune of "Windmills of Your Mind" is another highlight. Hardy, almost a regular these days, is rather more downbeat than usual and Wood sounds slightly out of her comfort zone, but Noble is at his absurdist best and the rest of the panel are happy to go along with him.

A welcome further addition to the library.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bring Me the Rest of Alfredo Garcia, 28 Jun. 2013
Trevor Willsmer (London, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm Sorry, I Haven't a Clue remains the one fixed point in a changing universe: like its more topical TV cousin Have I Got News For You, a sardonic comedy panel quiz show where being funny is more important than winning. The formula has only been gently tweaked over the years, but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

As with previous CD compilations, this is a somewhat re-edited version presented as four programmes, kicking off with one blinder of an episode coming from Wales before settling down to being very funny rather than consistently hilarious in the later ones. And what a blinder the first one is, with Tim Brooke Taylor singing Fireman Sam to the tune of I Don't Know How to Love Him, Rob Brydon singing My Old Man's a Dustman to the tune of The Windmills of Your Mind, Rob Brydon correcting Jack Dee's Welsh pronunciation and a Welsh satnav ("Wow - Wales has a cinema!"). It may be the same old thing year after year, but when that same old thing is as funny as this, who cares?

5.0 out of 5 stars Being given silly things to review by AudioGO, 16 Jun. 2013
R. C. McGinlay (Ilford, Essex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This double CD contains edited highlights from four tour venues (Swansea, Grassington, Preston and Kingston), material from which was originally broadcast on BBC Radio 4 across eight episodes during 2011 and 2012. For this reason, we hear Jack Dee telling us that it's the end of the present series twice.

If you're a fan of the show, then you'll find all your favourite rounds here, including Just a Minim, Sound Charades, 84 Chicken Cross Road, and my personal preference Uxbridge English Dictionary - listen out for the teams' interesting new definitions of saveloy, bicker and dominion. Even a round that sometimes tries my patience, Mornington Crescent, has been enlivened by the addition of sat nav - which in the Swansea edition speaks with mouthy Welsh tones. If you're not a fan of the show, then I'm sorry, you haven't a clue what you're missing!

My only criticism of this volume is that surely a singer-songwriter like Victoria Wood could have been given a greater musical challenge than singing the words from "Roxanne" by the Police to the theme from "Neighbours". Still, this is more than made up for by hearing Graeme Garden singing "The Wheels on the Bus" to the tune of Bob Dylan's "Blowin' in the Wind".

"I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue 15" helped me to while away 2 hours and 35 minutes that would otherwise not have been nearly as much fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect (yet again), 25 Jun. 2013
J. Walsh "joannejo90" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you are looking for a good tear inducing (make of that what you will) belly laugh, you HAVE to listen to ISIHAC, any series and this CD, in particular, is definently a belly laugh CD. I always forget to listen to the program on the radio,(I am useless!!) so I tend to catch up with the CD's. This one has four of the programes on it and is wonderful. I tend to listen in the car then wonder why I cant see the road for tears in my eyes (not a good idea I grant you) I must say I was worried when the incomparable host Humph died, but he was very dry and straight with his hosting as is Jack Dee...a very good successer to the throne with his dry wit.

Barry Cryer does indeed make me cry (with laughter) and Tim and Graham more than keep up with him.

Please, if you have any sense at all and would consider yourself with a GSH.....(in dating terms) then you have nothing to loose...go on ...have a belly laugh, you know you want too !!!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Sorry, I Haven't A Clue, Volume 15: The antidote to boredom, 23 May 2013
Victor (Hull, England) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have been a fan of I'm Sorry I haven't A Clue for many years, along with its predecessor `I'm Sorry I'll read That Again'. I have a collection of episodes and fragments going right back to the first episode and have invariably found it t be hilarious. However, since the sad passing of Humph I have been unable to bring myself to listen to any of the new series with Jack Dee in the chair. Until now, and I have to say that my love of the show has been reawakened with this set of great episodes. Dee's style is, of course, different to the revered Humph but he just about manages to fill the boots with his trademark deadpan delivery that makes him the perfect straightman and anchor for the lunacy going on around him.

In these four episodes series regulars Graeme Garden, Tim Brooke-Taylor and Barry Cryer are joined by Rob Brydon, Jeremy Hardy, Ross Noble and Victoria Wood in pursuit of extreme silliness as they play one song to the tune of another, Uxbridge dictionary, Mornington Crescent and all the old favourites along with the usual smattering of new games. The panellists always spark off each other to provide howls of laughter. I just listened to these in the car and nearly drove off the road twice through extreme laughter.

Originally half an hour each, the episodes have all had 5-10 minutes extra `footage' edited in. Not having listened to the originals as broadcast I cannot comment on the worthiness of the extra material. Suffice to say it was ALL funny. There are four episodes here, originally broadcast in 2012. Two episodes per disc on 2 discs in a fold out jewel case. Liner notes are a little above the BBC average, with an interesting short essay on the history of the show.

A hilarious collection, 5 stars easily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly as you would Expect, 5 Jun. 2013
Junior Hornet "hornet123" (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Anyone who has listened to I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue in the last 40 years or so will know exactly what to expect from this set. It comprises four slightly extended versions of recent editions of the show with Jack Dee in the chair and the usual suspects on the panel.

I have to say that, although Humph cannot ever fully be replaced, Jack Dee is a natural successor and does a fine job. Samantha is her usual amazing self as his sidekick and is as vocal as ever!

The episodes are not overly extended, lasting 35 - 40 minutes each instead of the broadcast half hours. It's a shame they haven't used at least one complete recording. However, what you do get it laugh out loud funny. In fact I had to stop listening on the bus as it was getting embarrassing.

The show has developed over the years, no more so that in the varying versions of Mornington Crescent that are played. I would explain further but that would put me in Nip and I would have to miss a go.

I've loved listening to this show for 40 years on and off and this compilation is amongst the best yet. I look forward to the next series and to volume 16 of the extended compilations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun, Great Value... and all this without the mighty Humph!, 26 Jun. 2013
G. J. Oxley "Gaz" (Tyne & Wear, England) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
'I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue' is still going strong even though many (myself included) thought it might wither and die, or be humanely put to sleep after long-term chairman Humphrey Lyttelton's sad death in 2008 (Can it REALLY be five years since old Humph passed away?)

This 15th collection contains four full programmes of the most consistenly funny British radio series EVER - or at least in my listening lifetime. I've played both discs and now I'll lay the set down - like a vintage wine - and listen to it again in a couple of years time, where no doubt I'll chortle again and again at the punning, japery and merry antics of the 'boys' as they go through their paces on rounds new and familiar.

Regular listeners of the 'antidote to panel shows' will need no persuading to buy, but any newcomers should be aware that even though it can get VERY naughty at times, I can't see it offending too many in this day and age.

On the strength of this offering 'ISIHAC' is still shockingly good, even though you can't help miss Humph's charm.

5.0 out of 5 stars It still ain't broke, 19 May 2013
Sheenagh Pugh "Sheenagh Pugh" (Shetland) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Yes, there's no Humph now, and that's a sad loss. But in Jack Dee, the BBC has found one of the few people who could utter the same lines and still be funny. With Humph, the humour came from hearing this sweet, white-haired old gent say the most outrageous things with an air of complete innocence, so that you didn't know for a moment if you'd misheard. Dee can't do that, but he uses his own world-weary, deadpan delivery just as well. Barry Cryer has taken over the role of Ancient Dodderer (Dee: "it's like social night at a Saga home"). Apart from all the old faithfuls - Hamish and Dougal, Jeremy Hardy's unique singing voice, Uxbridge English (Graeme: "Saveloy, a hotel for sausages") there's Rob Brydon doing some genuine and funny improvisation when Dee gets the pronunciation of Tawe wrong in Swansea. Nothing's broken, and luckily they haven't fixed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliably hilarious as ever, 2 Jun. 2013
Mark Meynell "quaesitor" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
It's hard to believe that ISIAC has been going on so long. Of course Humph is greatly missed, but Jack Dee is sounding much more at ease in the chairman's chair (though he still sounds a trifle stilted in the introductions to some of the games). But the other regulars are still on form - and one of the delights is hearing them laugh at each other's gags. Graeme Garden for me is always the most reliably funny and absurd. That is of course not a subjective view at all.

Highlights from this compilation:
- the 2 variants of Mornington Crescent - Cockney Rhyming slang, and the Welsh version with satnav
- Victoria Wood is a great addition - would be good if she was more regular
- One Song to the Tune never fails to amuse

I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue: Volume 15 (Audio Go)
I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue: Volume 15 (Audio Go) by BBC (Audio CD - 25 April 2013)