5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Gum
Truly marvellous stories, I love reading at bedtime to my children with these books and listening to them. They should only be narrated by Andy Stanton himself, never by any one else !!
Published 14 months ago by cc furr

2.0 out of 5 stars I agree - Let Andy Stanton read his own books
Published on 1 Nov. 2012 by Charlie

2.0 out of 5 stars I agree - Let Andy Stanton read his own books, 1 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Mr Gum Collection: v. 1 (Audio CD)
Ok. I am a massive Mr Gum fan, so this poor review is not for the content. But as a family as have absolutely LOVED the first 3 CD's recorded by the hilarious author Andy Stanton. Imagine our horror when we bought Mr Gum and the Power Crystals - read by Kate Winslet - to find that it just didnt grab the kids attention anymore. What a shame. Andy's style is joyous, naturalistic, terrible accents and all - it is HILARIOUS for kids and parents. Kate Winslets style is just another actressy voice over doing it on the acting and giving Polly a sort of Dick Van Dyke accent from Mary Poppins, but not in a funny way. Sigh. Why mess with a winning formula?
Please bring back Andy Stanton to record the rest of the books and record them SOON.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stick to 1-3, 2 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Mr Gum Collection: v. 1 (Audio CD)
3 stars...well because even if these audio books don't work very well they are still Mr Gum stories.

We're all big fans of Mr Gum in this house and have long been awaiting the audio versions of the books past book 3 (Mr Gum and the Goblins), however this is a disappointment because they are no longer read by Andy Stanton. Andy's performances are perfect. Not all authors perform their work well but his readings are hilarious and without him it just doesn't work. From now on we'll be sticking to the books. We don't have anything against Kate Winslet by the way, she's a very good actress but we don't think she does these books justice.

That said if you can still get them the first 3 audio books read by Andy are worth every penny, especially if you have a long car journey with kids coming up !

3.0 out of 5 stars Please let Andy Stanton record the rest of his books..., 30 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Mr Gum Collection: v. 1 (Audio CD)
Well read, but judging from my children's reactions, nowhere near as funny as the audio versions recorded by the author. Please (Mr Publisher) could you release audio versions of the books remaining to be read by Andy Stanton....it's what the kids want...pretty please.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mr Gum, 16 May 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars Great stories, not so great readings, 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Mr Gum Collection: v. 1 (Audio CD)
I agree with others who said the Andy Stanton recordings are extraordinary - The stories are great but we lost interest with the Kate Winslet recordings

5.0 out of 5 stars Suggested by my daughter, 14 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Mr Gum Collection: v. 1 (Audio CD)
My daughter suggested I buy this collection for my grandson because she had seen it at a friend's house and Mr. Gum was a favourite. My grandsome was very happy with this choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillian stories, 18 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Mr Gum Collection: v. 1 (Audio CD)
Brilliant stories our grandaugher age 7 + 10ms is really enjoying listening to them, They are a good follow on to Horrid Henry.

5.0 out of 5 stars who in fact like it too much, 14 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Mr Gum Collection: v. 1 (Audio CD)
This box set went down a treat with my two boys, who in fact like it too much.

3.0 out of 5 stars Only Andy Stanton knows..., 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Mr Gum Collection: v. 1 (Audio CD)
Please, please, please, Andy Stanton - please record the other stories so that my children and I can laugh again. The lovely Kate just can't do the voices (though SIr Nicholas de Twinklecakes is ok). I check Amazon all too regularly in the hopes you will have relented, but am disappointed time and again.
Yours, in hope...

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 11 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Mr Gum Collection: v. 1 (Audio CD)
My children adore this recording!

Mr Gum Collection: v. 1
Mr Gum Collection: v. 1 by Andy Stanton (Audio CD - 6 Sept. 2012)
Used & New from: £29.99