4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read
Published 13 months ago by Kencat

2.0 out of 5 stars Swing and a miss!
Published 2 months ago by Richard Wilson

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Hardcover)
I enjoyed this book and can heartily recommend it to football fans but also to film buffs. It is a honest and forthright account of a person's life who, by his own admission, did not always abide by the rules but that makes the book all the more interesting and parts of it may well make you cringe, especially the admissions about the violence that he got himself involved in (and I don't mean the Mean Machine!)
As I'm far more of a football fan than a film buff I obviously enjoyed the first part of the book far more and I can imagine that it may well provide an inspiration to budding young footballers that there is another route to become a professional footballer other than the academy system.
The best way for me to judge an autobiography is, do I think better of the person after I have read it? and that is certainly the case here. I did not have a great opinion of him beforehand but I do now.

2.0 out of 5 stars Swing and a miss!, 27 Sep 2014
Vinnie Jones is a marmite character, who has always intrigued me, and I was looking forward to reading this book, to find out, direct from the horses mouth, the truth behind the stories and his actions. As a reader of many sports autobiographies I have to say this does not come up to even the average standard, and I was left feeling underwhelmed, and knowing little more about the man.

The book does not flow, is not very well written (nor proof read) and is a constant stream of name dropping, with little anecdotes attached to them. It is very repetitive - we get the idea your mates would be amazed if they could see you now, and that you know Brad and Angelina!

I would struggle to recommend this book - if you didn't like Mr Jones this would possibly validate your views, if you did like him I doubt it would endear him to you further, and if you didn't know much about him, after reading this you still wont.

Disappointing, lacking substance, FAR too many needless name drops and, on the whole, one to forget!

2.0 out of 5 stars Name dropper!!!, 19 Mar 2014
Although this wasn't a bad read, Vinnie did a lot of name dropping! I suppose only naturally, plunged into the depths of fame after veery humble beginnings. It isn't a book I would read twice, but you can't help liking the guy.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Read, 27 Oct 2013
I could not put this book down. I have always been an admirer of Vinnie Jones and this book did not disappoint.

4.0 out of 5 stars vinnie jones, 19 May 2014
a good read, it was recommended by a friend, lived up to his description, Vinnie looks as though he has a pretty good life, when he is not angry. .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read, 25 Mar 2014
Great book and well the price and I really enjoyed it,love autobiographies of any kind of sportsmen or women. First las read

4.0 out of 5 stars Vinny Jones Biography, 23 Feb 2014
L. B. Parfitt (UK) - See all my reviews
A good book and a fascinating story of Vinny's life and the challenges he faced. I don't normally read books about footballers but this one was pretty good.

5.0 out of 5 stars She'd another light on Vinnie, 23 Feb 2014
It may be written at a basic level. But it gives you another side to VJ. Enjoyable and read within 3 days, couldn't put it down for too long. Vinnie, it's been emotional.

5.0 out of 5 stars GIFT, 1 Feb 2014
BOUGHT AS CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR SON IN LAW WHO IS PLEASED WITH CONTENT
GOOD VALUE FOR MONEY AND CHEAPER THAN IN LOCAL BOOK STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars vinny jones book, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: It's Been Emotional (Hardcover)
Bought as a precent - feed back is it's a great read, loads of photos in it. funny stories from fottball days right up to today

It's Been Emotional
It's Been Emotional by Vinnie Jones (Hardcover - 26 Sep 2013)