Published on 18 Dec. 2012 by Andi

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable
I read it and did enjoy it but would have liked more depth to the writing. Particularly in the later chapters, it became rather bland. I also found the time scale quite difficult.
Published 20 months ago by JPW

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Very insightful - I got to know the player I thought I didnt like, 18 Dec. 2012
I purchased this book because I wanted to understand Andy Murray better - see beyond what I know from the media. Let's face it, he is not really Britain's darling though somehow I couldn't put my finger on why not. This book uses his US Open victory as a frame and works through his life from early days to the final moment, the Grand Slam triumph. The book analyses his sporting and personal life and is dotted with anecdotes which for me has brought out the real Andy Murray nicely ... a good guy with a fierce drive to succeed and a terrible TV interview presence. The book is well written (Hodgkinson knows what he is doing...I remember reading his work when he was the Telegraph's tennis correspondent) and pages turn very easily. Well worth a read for any Tennis fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best sports story for a long time, 10 Dec. 2012
Reading this book gave me an insight into Andy Murray's world I never knew about. From early struggles to becoming the first British male to win a Grand Slam in 75 years, this book is a revelation. A real absolute page turner. Anyone not a Murray fan, soon will be, when they read this book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Readable, 19 Aug. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Great informative read., 29 Dec. 2012
Was worried this had been rushed out to cash in on Andy's success in the US Open but it is a thoroughly well written book. The US Open frames the book but it s full of really informative and interesting facts and events. Written in a great style the pages flash by. Really enjoyable and all credit to Mark Hodgkinson for producing such a great read. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andy Murray - champion, 22 Dec. 2013
I would definitely recommend this book, its a brilliant read,emotional and he as not had it easy, Murry is brilliant.

3.0 out of 5 stars andy murray autobiography, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Andy Murray: Champion: The Full Extraordinary Story (Paperback)
interesting read but i feel more could have been included .i expected more after seeing a media interview with andy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Story., 22 Dec. 2013
The review name says it all. Someone to make us extremely proud of Britain. Now for the Australian Open in January 2014 and the start of a new year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andy Murray (a true) Champion, 5 Dec. 2012
A great read from start to finish. You felt that you were on the journey with him, the highs and the lows. I would recommend this book to anyone who has even the slightest interest in tennis, you won't be disappointed. You will come away with a better understanding of Andy the man. He hasn't had an easy ride but won through in the end. TRUELY A CHAMPION.

4.0 out of 5 stars Andy Murray, 1 Dec. 2012
P. Moren - See all my reviews
For a book about Andy Murray there was alot about other tennis players. Disappointing although the parts about Andy were good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Andy Murray., 5 Jan. 2013
I bought this as part of my grandsons Christmas and he was delighted with it. He has informed me that its a great read. Delivery was fast and as usual up to Amazons high standard.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Andy Murray: Champion: The Full Extraordinary Story
Andy Murray: Champion: The Full Extraordinary Story by Mark Hodgkinson (Paperback - 6 Jun. 2013)
Not in stock; order now and we'll deliver when available