Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: PaperbackChange

on 22 July 2012
I started reading effortless feeling a little hacked off at Kiera, but the assault I wanted to commit on my kindle after reading Thoughtless no longer existed after reading effortless. Don't get me wrong I still wanted to slap her after a few decisions she was making, but *sigh* Kellan. Kellan is now on tour with 'the d'bags' and considering how they started their relationship it seems they are not going to be able to trust each other in a hurry, no matter how much they love each other.

I have got a feeling these books will stay with me for a long time time coming and even Griffin wins me over in the end. Not that I ever disliked him but he could be a bit of a d'bag!!! I was so glad not to see the end of Denny as well and to finally see him happy. I was happy and sad when I finished reading. Happy because I LOVED THE ENDING and sad because it had ended. My heart ached a little when I read these books, and I will definately read more from this author, just after I've got some sleep because I've had a few sleepless nights reading these books until the early hours of the morning!!!
on 4 April 2012
As soon as I started Effortless it turned into a reading frenzy and I had to pull an all-nighter because I was hooked from the first page. I mean it had been a LONG wait since Thoughtless! I needed to know what was going to happen! I was not disappointed the characters were brought full circle and I had that satisfied happy content feeling when I finished reading.

Kiera was more like-able in this book. She grew up! Even though she still had self-doubts and relationship issues she dealt with these in a more mature way and the amount of times I wanted to "slap" her were considerably less than in Thoughtless, which is a good thing lol!! Though I've got to say she dropped 2 HUGE clangers in this book that had me VERY annoyed!

Kellan...*sigh*...the love notes, the reminders of his love for Kiera, this boy TOTALLY redeemed himself of anything anyone thought he did wrong in Thoughtless!! Yes he is a HOT bad boy but his amazingly tender moments and the vulnerability he shows, well it made me melt and go all gooey!!!

Denny - YAY I was hoping to see him again and I LOVED his story within the K&K running drama!

Oh and let's not forget Griffin - RUDE BOY!!! I LOVED how he came through at the end, I was NOT expecting that..I know people got annoyed with him but I always kind of liked him (slightly disturbing I know!)

I loved Thoughtless but I LOVED Effortless that bit more and these 2 books will definitely be re-read many times!!!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 July 2012
Ok how can I describe this....... Second book, I read Thoughtless and then there was Effortless

KELLAN KYLE ------- OMG really ..... **fanning myself**

AWESOME!! sorry so much use of the shouty capitals but I am shouting at the screen!! Please read this book, if you were put of by Kiera in the 1st book - so was I , I almost got in the book and slapped her and kissed kellan myself!! stick with it honestly! the story is so good!

Bring on book 3 !!

Enjoy! xx
on 10 June 2012
As soon as I had read Thoughtless I downloaded Effortless straight away as I just could not wait to get back into the roller coaster ride I knew this book would bring. I was not disappointed! I could not put this book down and was up all night reading, phone off the hook type of book.

I had grown to like Keira by the end of Thoughtless but in this book I grew to LOVE Keira. She had matured from her blushing, naive self (really at 22?) to a woman who knew what she wanted. Sometimes the way she went about this still frustrated me so there were plenty of expletives still being shouted at my kindle!

I loved that Denny was back in the story and great to see how Keira and he moved on from being just "ex" boyfriend/girlfriend with all that happened at the end of Thoughtless.

As for Kellan *sigh* oh yes the wonderful Kellan. This beautiful man and his vulnerabilities just had me in tears. To everyone else he was a bad ass rock star with a reputation with the groupies but oh how wrong they all were. His love for Keira and his PDA's just blew me away. Oh the love notes, the flowers, the looks and hell yeah - the bathroom sex!

Great to see Griffin again too - this man just cracks me up. Loved hearing about his "Hulk" and how he was always happy to be "handled" OMG hahaha

Again, in this book as in Thoughtless, there were parts I felt needed more but as I was reading this I saw the follow up is currently being written. I am so glad as although the ending was just gorgeous, there was still so much to explore. Even saying that it needed more, I still LOVED this book and I can't wait for the next one. Definitely a series for my re-reads. Thank you SC Stephens, you ROCK!
on 8 February 2015
I couldn't wait to start this book after reading Thoughtless. I loved Kellan and Keira and I wanted to know if they could make a go of things. I know they could be a great couple.
I was completely hooked from the start, I loved the storyline, I got to love Kellan even more, we got to find out more about him and to see him in a real relationship.
Kellan and Keira are a perfect couple, the work so well together. They bounce off each other and balance one another.
There were so many unexpected things that happened throughout this book, I had to re-read the chapter just to make sure I had read it properly and I had imagined in.
I had this belief in Kellan from the start that Keira didn't seem to. I saw the love in his eyes for her that he would never hurt her the way she thought he would.
Learning more about Kellan's past broke my heart, I was crying so much I couldn't see the page. He is this broken man underneath, something he only lets Keira see now and again. It just made my heart swell for him even more.
I loved the change in Griffin at the end, it was so unexpected but I'm hoping he will change even more throughout Reckless.
I can not wait to start reading Reckless and see what happens next.
These characters are addictive, you just feel like you could read about them for the rest of their life and never get bored of them.
on 17 July 2012
I'm going to hate myself for saying this but I really didn't enjoy this book. It was very slow and hard to get into but my love for Keira and Kellan & the tiny bit of mystery thrown in kept me going till the end.

There were a fair few funny bits such as "Why is one of her friends seeing me making you look like you sucked on a lemon?" , a drunk Kellan talking to Denny on the phone which had me laughing like a crazy person, the conversation between Matt & Keira the morning after the "bathroom" thing, Anna's comment at seeing Denny was back in town and to top them all off is my favourite...Kellan coming home to surprise Keira & finding Denny there with her, "I wanted to surprise you...Are you surprised...? Because I know I am!".

I loved the development of their relationship, seeing them grow & learn from their mistakes and I loved Griffin and Anna.

Although I didn't love this book I still can't wait for the next one especially after all their maturing and the only bad things I have to say is that it was just too slow! For me personally, I feel like this was an inbetween book and I'm hoping the next one will be as awesome as Thoughtless :-) (fingers crossed)
on 25 October 2014
Wow, what can I say. I've read all of the series, in one week I might add, and I think kellan Kyle might just be one of my favourites now. Such an emotional rollarcoster ride. This author took me to places I was a little uncomfortable reading. I think cheating is wrong and that is that and at first I didn't know if this would be the book for me, however someone really recommended that I stick with this author as she is very good, and I'm so glad I did. I felt this author was trying to tell us people make mistakes and that the consequences of these mistakes can be really bad. In the end the author took us on a journey about lies, betrayal, honesty, truth and soul deep renching love. I cried in all three books, it totally blew me away. Kiera's character was interesting, I could of said she annoyed me at first, but looking back through all three books, I think she was trying to make the female character grow from a young girl into a woman and IMO she got that right in book three. I really grew to love kellan Keira and Denny.x
on 8 December 2012
S.C. Stephens has done it again; the brilliant writing style has brought the reader into the book where you'll feel the emotional experiences of the characters.

This Second book in the Thoughtless series, Kiera and Kellan fight against their insecurities and to learn the true meaning of trust.

With Kellan touring with the bands and Kiera left in Seattle to finish her education, the separation puts the relationship to the test. With the betrayal at the start of their relationship, both worry that the other one will stray, especially with the secrets that they keep from each other.

S.C. has continued over the sexual intensity, desire and the passion from the couple's first encounter in Thoughtless.

Another beautifully addictive story, I cannot wait for the third book to come out, 'Reckless,' which I have pre-ordered : )
on 3 December 2012
I loved the second instalment of this trilogy. The relationship between Kellan and Kiera was so intense. I didn't find it as overwhelming and emotional as the first one (Thoughtless); I found Effortless more romantic, yet still gritty.

There were two occasions that made me laugh out loud - their round of applause after their 'performance' at the party and when Kellan stopped to order an omelette. Hilarious! You'll know what I mean when you read it. I also really loved Anna and Griffin - both brilliant characters that I'm sure the author could do more with.

I would definitely recommend this book, but you need to read the first one (Thoughtless) first really to understand what the characters have been through already. I literally couldn't put either of them down. I can't wait for the third one - pre-ordered already! Enjoy!
on 24 February 2013
After this book you will no longly dream of Christian grey and instead be addicted to kellun Kyle yourself. This book is 100% better then the first thoughtless which I loved in myself originally . It has so many oh my god moments (so best to buy it on paper back so you can throw it down because trust me you will and then hurry to pick it up straight after) it explains all the emotion put in to thoughtless because without keira paranoid confused mind and the cringling love triangle then effortless wouldn't be just so hot, ( trust me kellun is extra hot in this book)

Like someone said below it makes you want to date a rock star and a definat buy buy buy buy this now.
Five stars for this book just isn't good enough it needs like 10 stars best read book ever and now struggling with kellun withdrawals till reckless release.