5.0 out of 5 stars Loving is effortless, trusting is the hard part
Published on 22 July 2012 by Amazon Customer

Published 10 months ago by Deepestsea

5.0 out of 5 stars Loving is effortless, trusting is the hard part, 22 July 2012
I started reading effortless feeling a little hacked off at Kiera, but the assault I wanted to commit on my kindle after reading Thoughtless no longer existed after reading effortless. Don't get me wrong I still wanted to slap her after a few decisions she was making, but *sigh* Kellan. Kellan is now on tour with 'the d'bags' and considering how they started their relationship it seems they are not going to be able to trust each other in a hurry, no matter how much they love each other.

I have got a feeling these books will stay with me for a long time time coming and even Griffin wins me over in the end. Not that I ever disliked him but he could be a bit of a d'bag!!! I was so glad not to see the end of Denny as well and to finally see him happy. I was happy and sad when I finished reading. Happy because I LOVED THE ENDING and sad because it had ended. My heart ached a little when I read these books, and I will definately read more from this author, just after I've got some sleep because I've had a few sleepless nights reading these books until the early hours of the morning!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!!, 25 July 2012
Martina "Lost in her kindle" (far far away with a book boyfriend) - See all my reviews
Ok how can I describe this....... Second book, I read Thoughtless and then there was Effortless

HOT
MADE ME SHOUT OUT LOUD!
MADE ME LAUGH
I WANT TO DATE A ROCK STAR!!!

KELLAN KYLE ------- OMG really ..... **fanning myself**

AWESOME!! sorry so much use of the shouty capitals but I am shouting at the screen!! Please read this book, if you were put of by Kiera in the 1st book - so was I , I almost got in the book and slapped her and kissed kellan myself!! stick with it honestly! the story is so good!

Bring on book 3 !!

Enjoy! xx

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 4 April 2012
As soon as I started Effortless it turned into a reading frenzy and I had to pull an all-nighter because I was hooked from the first page. I mean it had been a LONG wait since Thoughtless! I needed to know what was going to happen! I was not disappointed the characters were brought full circle and I had that satisfied happy content feeling when I finished reading.

Kiera was more like-able in this book. She grew up! Even though she still had self-doubts and relationship issues she dealt with these in a more mature way and the amount of times I wanted to "slap" her were considerably less than in Thoughtless, which is a good thing lol!! Though I've got to say she dropped 2 HUGE clangers in this book that had me VERY annoyed!

Kellan...*sigh*...the love notes, the reminders of his love for Kiera, this boy TOTALLY redeemed himself of anything anyone thought he did wrong in Thoughtless!! Yes he is a HOT bad boy but his amazingly tender moments and the vulnerability he shows, well it made me melt and go all gooey!!!

Denny - YAY I was hoping to see him again and I LOVED his story within the K&K running drama!

Oh and let's not forget Griffin - RUDE BOY!!! I LOVED how he came through at the end, I was NOT expecting that..I know people got annoyed with him but I always kind of liked him (slightly disturbing I know!)

I loved Thoughtless but I LOVED Effortless that bit more and these 2 books will definitely be re-read many times!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 July 2012
I was not sure how this would turn out as I had loved Thoughtless so much however, I was not disappointed!

The writing is brilliant and very realistic. I think if most people put themselves in either Keira or Kellan's position you could understand why they reacted as they did to situations.

For the sake of my heart I am glad to say there were far less heart wrenching moments than in Thoughtless. It was great to see how Keira and Kellan developed in their relationship. I cannot believe I'm saying this but I also started to have a soft spot for Griffin. Yes he's vulgar at times and pretty obnoxious but he totally redeemed himself for me and I found him super cute towards the end.

Unlike some of the others I was less pleased to see Denny return. Yes it was nice to see how he was doing and get an update on him but his involvement was a litte too much for me. I could not quite figure out his game to start with and it certainly wasn't what I thought!

I LOVE Kellan (seriously, I cannot be the only girl who thinks the tattoo thing is romantic?!) On this basis I will read the next installment. My plea to SC Stephens is, please please please do not ruin this lovely story. I have been disappointed so many times when eagerly awaiting a sequel. You read it with high hopes but then the author does a complete "u turn" and leads the characters down a route that is wholly unrealistic. I won't name names but I'm sure we've all been there! Yes I may be a hopeless romantic but I really hope SC Stephens thinks about the sanity of her readers!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent installment, 20 May 2014
Loved this much more than the first book. Finally, Keira and Kellan are together and she is much less annoying. However, when you are away from such a hottie as Kellan it's no wonder you act like an idiot from time to time - I'd go crazy if I couldn't be with him 24/7! I did wonder if Keira was going to mess up with Denny coming back, but thankfully she didn't. The only thing wrong with these books is that they could be a little steamier - Kellan is a hot rock star who has had many women, but never asks anything more of Keira than good old missionary. I love the banter between all the other characters and even started to like like Anna and Griffin in this book. Worth a read just to imagine having a boyfriend as perfect as Kellan.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT SECOND BOOK LOVED IT, 22 Sept. 2012
omg i loved it finished it in one day just as good as the first if not better can't belive i have to wait 6 months for the next one i love keria and kellans story in the first book thoughtless but it is even more intence in effortless a must read

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible 2nd installment, 6 Jun. 2012
Amazon Customer (Wiltshire, England.) - See all my reviews
Diamond Jubilee long weekend.... What Diamond jubilee? I missed the whole damn thing! I blame S.C. Stephens and her wonderful books that are Thoughtless and Effortless. I read them back to back over the 4 day break and I can honestly say I now feel lost without them. It's over *sniff*, oh well, I guess I will have to go back and read them again someday.

This was an easier read than the first, but it still had it's moments where I wanted to yell at Kiera to just 'spit it out, woman'. Even though her level of maturity does step up a notch in this book. We see her and Kellen bloom and start to embrace their love, until an opportunity arises for the band and everything starts to change.

The start of Kiera and Kellen's relationship was based on betrayal and unsurprisingly we see Effortless highlighting on those insecurities. There is no doubt that these kids love each-other, but learning to Trust however, is a completely different matter.

Again, I would love to hate Griffin, but I can't, and we see a little change in him at the end. I always knew it was there... ;)

I can't recommend these books highly enough. They are so engrossing and really push those emotional limits! Give them a try!

And for those of you who simply just Adore Kellan and the gang, you will be pleased to know that the author is writing a 3rd installment. I personally cannot wait!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read couldn't put it down, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Effortless (Thoughtless 2) (Paperback)
I have just finished reading the trilogy and it took me 4 days to complete the books I was gripped from the beginning :-) if u want the same graphic scenes as fifty shades then u will be disappointed but kellen and Keira will win your hearts in ways u could never imagine. I was gripped at every chapter and it was almost like u were there living every moment with them... I would highly recommend this read I was taken with every twist and turn hope you choose to take a chance and see for yourselves and I for one think that 3 books were enough to tie up everything the author was saying although saying that I would love more on this couple

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 29 Sept. 2014
Again...... STILL in love with Kellan Kyle!!

After the drama filled ending of Thoughtless, Denny finding out, Keira in hospital, ending up alone and living with her sister Anna, then Anna dragging Keira to Pete's and Kellan and Keira getting back together I could not wait to start Effortless.

The books starts with The D'Bags performing at Bumbershoot Music Festival, Kellan and Keira are back together and very much in love and have been taking things slowly as opposed to jumping in feet first. Keira is still living with Anna, even though Kellan wants her to move in with him and she declines numerous times. The band are spotted at the music festival and are asked to join a 6 month 'Coast to Coast' tour and after some persuasion they agree, but with school not being over and being in her final year Keira stays behind. Here starts an epic story of heart, compromises, secrets, hope and promise rings and you will not be disappointed.

With as much drama if not more than Thoughtless, filled with pregnancy, cheating suspicions, love notes that will melt your heart, ex's returning and many more surprises. Effortless will have you on the very edge of your seats while you wait for this story to unfold before your very eyes and if your anything like me you will love every page of it.

This book makes you fall a little more in love with Keira as your realise she is human and like most women out in the same situation she finds it hard to cope with all the situations and emotions thrown her way especially when you remember she has only ever had one relationship before. You fall even more in love with Kellan if thats even possible as he begins his journey to becoming a known rock star and is continuously trying to prove how much he loves Keira. Other characters also start standing out more Matt, Evan, Griffin, Anna, Jenny, Rachel.

If you loved Thoughtless you will adore Effortless, it is another book thats impossible to put down until you finish it and like me will want to jump straight into the next!!

1.0 out of 5 stars If I thought Thoughtless was bad. Well, this one is even WORSE!, 13 Mar. 2014
This book is another example of an author wanting to ride the trilogy train but not knowing how to fullfill the role. The book is full of platitudes, the tone continue to be extremely childish. The heroine just as infuriating. TO me this book iwas a complete disappointment. So much so that I stopped reading it. I have never stopped reading a book. The price is also for a romance books outrageous! I regret buying this book greatly

Effortless (Thoughtless 2)
Effortless (Thoughtless 2) by S. C. Stephens (Paperback - 22 Nov. 2012)