5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
Could not put this book down!! An emotional read but very well written. Loved it and would read it again in the future
Published 9 months ago by Molly Phelps

1.0 out of 5 stars Yawn
Constant name dropping, grew very tiresome on hearing how amazing she is and who she's had lunch with. Very disapointed
Published 5 months ago by Bex

‹ Previous | 1 2 322 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Great holiday reading, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: No Holding Back (Kindle Edition)
Great read. A factual account of her life without blame and sensationalism. Self deprecating as usual which only serves to make me like her more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enoyable, 1 Mar 2014
This review is from: No Holding Back (Kindle Edition)
Very good book sometimes edge of my seat. Gives a brilliant insight to Amanda's life. Shane on the kindle there are no pictures

4.0 out of 5 stars Ups and downs, 14 Feb 2014
TM Keeler "TerryUK" (Freshwater, Isle of Wight, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: No Holding Back (Kindle Edition)
No was immune in life from heartbreak, sorrow, grief, and personal tragedy. Amanda Holden seems always to bounce back with a smile no metter

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest, 13 Feb 2014
This review is from: No Holding Back (Kindle Edition)
I didn't realise Amanda had a career before she was Mrs Les......I'm ashamed to say I thought she used him to get noticed, it appears she had a career of her own and he was the struggling actor, not her. I suspect because Les wrote the first book, that she wrote this to get her side of things in ie his moods, his drinking, his temper, his lacking career - well done, Amanda, you got even. I like the girl and, yes, you evened the score.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Life Story With A Happy Ending, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: No Holding Back (Kindle Edition)
This reads like an honest account of Amanda's life so far. I found it to be very readable, despite all the glamour Amanda is a wife, mum, daughter and sister like so many of us. It was a lovely read and she seems like a nice person, I would recommend this book to anyone with a family and wish her all the very best, she is a very brave lady.

2.0 out of 5 stars One reader's view, ., 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: No Holding Back (Kindle Edition)
This was not exactly a page turner - nothing very exciting and the use of bad language in place of good legitimate English has diminished my opinion of the author.

M. Ross.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honest and Utterly Amazing, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: No Holding Back (Hardcover)
I think it is important to start this review by saying I would consider myself an Amanda Holden fan. She has long been someone I had on my list of people I would like a beer with. After reading this I think I may have to change that to a glass of wine rather than beer.

This book is extremely well written and flows in an easy way. Unlike some autobiographies I have read this is written in a way that you can imagine the actress speaking to you herself. The book is brutally honest in places and she shares events with her readers that she is both proud and ashamed off. This rounded approach to telling her story makes the book even more authentic and good reading. Although there are parts of this book that hit the media this was clearly not written to gain publicity. Amanda Holden is very careful in places to hide the identity of some of the characters mentioned. At places she uses initials and in other places she does not mention names. This is refreshing as other autobiographies have been written as a way for celebrities to beat people with.

The most heartwarming part of this book is towards the end where Amanda Holden talks about her pregnancies and the struggles she has had in order to gain her two beautiful daughters. This part is well written and will be an inspiration to anyone who is going through similar in their life. I also enjoyed the gossip about Britain's Got Talent which remains the only talent show I watch. Largely this is due to the mix of judges and it is reassuring to know that they actually get on as well as comes across on TV.

Of all the autobiographies I have read this is one of my favourites and well worth a read I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in the author. I am only sorry that I have finished it.

3.0 out of 5 stars This book is OK, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: No Holding Back (Kindle Edition)
it really did not tell me much that I did not know. I was not enthralled. However Amanda is a very plucky lady and I am sure it will help anyone who finds themselves going through the trails and tribulations that Amanda has.

5.0 out of 5 stars M THOMSON, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: No Holding Back (Kindle Edition)
FANTASTIC BOOK, WHAT A TROUPER X BRILLIANT, FUNNY, SAD BUT WHAT AN AMAZING STORY OF HER LIFE. GOOD LUCK TO HER.

5.0 out of 5 stars She keeps it interesting, 2 Aug 2014
This review is from: No Holding Back (Kindle Edition)
This book was not all name dropping and bragging.
She is a skilled writer.
A lot of famous people who write there life stories,make them boring and they don't flow right.
It kept u wanting to read on,sad in parts happy in others,I was not a fan of the writer but reading this as given me a different view of her.would recommend this book,good person good read.

‹ Previous | 1 2 322 | Next ›

No Holding Back
No Holding Back by Amanda Holden (Paperback - 10 April 2014)
3.50