5.0 out of 5 stars This book consumed me
'Does he treat you with respect at all times? That's the first question. The second question is, if he is the exact same person twenty years from now that he is today, would you still want to marry him? And finally, does he inspire you to want to be a better person? You find someone you can answer yes about to all three, then you've got yourself a good man.'...
Published 11 months ago by Rebecca

2.0 out of 5 stars Teen lit
Hate to be a party-pooper and disagree with, seemingly, every other review but I just don't share the enthusiasm. Yes, the format is refreshing, 'poetry in prose', and the story line well constructed but I really did struggle with it. Probably just a bit too jaded to buy into all the clichés. Maybe best left to teenagers exploring their first intense emotional...
Published 23 months ago by Kitty

‹ Previous | 116 17 18 19 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A TRUE LOVE STORY, 16 July 2012
This review is from: Slammed (Kindle Edition)
I read both SLAMMED and the sequel POINT OF RETREAT within 3 days (currently off work ill) and was unable to put either book down.
The first book SLAMMED is written from the point of view of the lead female and POINT OF RETREAT is written from the lead males view point.
There is sadness and desperation in these books, however there is unconditional love, trust and honesty. They are beautifully written and I know that I will read them again and again as they leave you feeling warm inside. There are worth every penny and what I would consider to be MUST READS.
The poems within the books are wonderful and if you get chance you should go into the authors website as there are links to a poet who has slammed THE LAKE, it is beautiful x

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book I've ever read!!, 15 July 2012
This review is from: Slammed (Kindle Edition)
When I first saw this book I was curious to where the title came from. Leyken meets a boy called Will who takes her to a club that has slam poetry nights once a week. I won't give too much away but this book will make you cry and cry. Its covers so many emotions. A love story with a twist and about life and death. It's not a book that I would normally choose but absolutley loved it from the beginning to the end. I would definitely love to see this as a movie!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 July 2012
This review is from: Slammed (Kindle Edition)
I almost didn't download this as thought it may be more appropriate for a younger reader. So glad I did, have just finished it in one day - couldn't put it down and have cried the whole way through, make sure you have the tissues ready. The poetry is amazing and really adds something to the story. As soon as I'd finished downloaded Point of retreat, can't wait to start it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing! You Must Read This Book!, 14 July 2012
Ms. J. Green (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slammed (Paperback)
This novel was not what I expected at all - it was so much better than I ever imagined! The connection between Lake and Will is so beautiful that I adored them both straight away. The relationship they have is so innocent, pure and delicate that it really does draw you in from the beginning. The story that unfolds throughout the novel is so sad and as a reader, you really feel for the characters as their predicament unfolds. It's not only Lake and Will's relationship that is captivating, but also that of the Kel and Caulder, as well as the relationship Lake has with her mum. The poetry in the novel is stunning and adds such a wonderful twist to the novel. I think it is a lovely touch and fits in perfect with that of Lake and Will's characters.

This novel really is a testament to Hoover's writing; it's beautiful, charming, captivating and really will leave you feeling a connection to the characters. READ IT NOW!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly Brilliant, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Slammed (Kindle Edition)
I was a bit sceptical about reading this book as I am a bit older than the intended audience - However I really loved it! In fact this is the first review I have ever written. I just fell in love with the characters. I will be definitely reading more from Colleen Hoover!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just read this!, 10 July 2012
This review is from: Slammed (Kindle Edition)
I had no idea what to expect before reading this but straight away I was hooked. Will and Lake's story had me feeling so many different emotions I lost track, it's such a great story and it's so well written. It's not just a simple love story, it's a story about life and how things always get in the way and you have to fight for what you want. It's an amazing book and you should go read it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fab first book!, 17 Jun 2012
K Miles "Red Robin" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slammed (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book, it was a little gem. Great characters, the two boys were adorable and I was particularly fond of Lake's best friend Eddie. It made me want to go write some poetry! Looking forward to reading the second book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 10 Jun 2012
This review is from: Slammed (Kindle Edition)
I hate to write a review but just had to say this book is outstanding. If i could give 10 stars i would

5.0 out of 5 stars not what i expected, 23 Aug 2014
This review is from: Slammed (Kindle Edition)
what a lot to deal with. the angst and emotional problems are different to any book I've read. cried quite a bit. hard topic for me but i couldn't put it down. very good read

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!!!, 11 Aug 2012
This review is from: Slammed (Kindle Edition)
I LOVED this book!!! such a great story and the twist start from the beginning. I could not put it down, the poetry in this book is beautiful and it leaves you questioning why cant't love just be easy?? Career's and life always get in the way.... Will love conquer???

‹ Previous | 116 17 18 19 | Next ›

Slammed
Slammed by Colleen Hoover (Paperback - 25 April 2013)
5.99