5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!
Published 18 months ago by Danielle @ What Danielle Did Next

2.0 out of 5 stars ok but I thought it showed women in a poor light
Published 23 months ago by EmLou

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 20 Sept. 2013
This review is from: Fallen Too Far (Kindle Edition)
I was approaching a reading slump of epic proportions when I picked up FALLEN TOO FAR. I had read and enjoyed Vincent Boys by Abbi Glines so was familiar with her work but my feelings about New Adult were rapidly edging towards "jaded" and "If I eye-roll anymore my eyes may fall out" territory so it was with some trepidation that I finally decided to hang out with Rush and Blaire. I know for a fact some fellow blogger besties also winced more when I cracked open this book than they do getting a bikini wax! There's a REASON why when you think of New Adult you think of Abbi Glines. She does this shizz well y'all! No question about it! This is her playground and I was one happy bookworm playing on her swing set. You know I'm excited about a book when I make NO SENSE but you get what I'm saying!

In FALLEN TOO FAR we meet Blaire, not even twenty and has already gone through more than most. I have to say how refreshing it was to meet an NA heroine that while she had gone through some serious pain wasn't "damaged" and clearly in need of a man to "heal" her. Blaire was awesome. She was chock full of sass and determination and SENSIBLE! Praise the Lord! I immediately felt sympathy for her and was rooting for her as I felt the pain and uncertainty that ran through her as she got up the courage to confront her dad for the first time in years after he left when her sister died and she has just buried her mom by herself (swell move dad). It really upset me how she had been dealt such a harsh hand that she had to think about rationing food and gas and selling her granny's house while her dad lives the high life. What I loved though was while she struggled, she made the best of a situation. She may have $20 in her back pocket but she'll do more with that $20 than most people would do with $200. It reminded me of my mom and how she struggles yet always makes sure we don't go without. It really touched me and I didn't expect it but I loved how Abbi injected moments like that into the book that are seemingly so simple yet can touch your heart and to be honest bring tears to your eyes (it did to mine!)

Blaire arrives at her Dad's new house to find that he's left for Paris with his new wife and is immediately confronted by Rush, son of dad's new wife who is in no way pleased to see her. After a few barbed comments, Blaire leaves but Rush seeing something special in this little firecracker has a change of heart and offers her the maid's bedroom under the stairs. Thanks Rush...I guess. Blaire, always finding a silver lining dusts herself off, making a home for herself and getting a job in the local country club. As time goes by, Blaire and Rush's circles start to merge into one and the two are drawn to each other. Can Blaire and Rush find a way past the pain, the secrets and the family drama and find love? Or will it all end in heartbreak?

I was immediately pulled into the undeniable chemistry Rush and Blaire had and was captivated as I hungrily devoured page after page, aching for their first flirtation, first kiss, first...everything! I wrote in my notes while reading "Gosh it's soooo freaking HAWT!" Abbi Glines knows how to write romance and boy can she write a love scene! Needless to say reading those pages I clearly didn't need to add blusher to my make-up routine for about THREE days ;)

I adored Blaire from the first moment I met her and while it took me a while longer to warm up to Rush, I did fall for him especially during sweet moments where he got Blaire to open up about her life. You could clearly feel the stirring emotions Rush struggled to deny he felt and subsequently failed. When a notorious sex god like Rush can make you swoon by simply holding pinkies with Blaire you know you're onto a winner.

I loved that while the developing friendship/romance was central to the plot, Glines didn't neglect to introduce some awesome secondary characters and make their involvement in Blaire and Rush's story just as intrinsically vital. I adored Bethy, she could have been a shallow afterthought there to simply be slut-shamed but she developed into an awesome support for Blaire and it was nice for her to have a female friend to fill the void left by her mother and sister. Equally Grant and Woods (who I cannot wait to read about in Twisted Perfection) while initially seemed to be romantic foil, genuinely cared for Blaire, protecting her and ensuring her life in Rosemary Beach was happy.

The character of Nan, our quintessential villain will not be written off by me as simply a bitch. I've counselled enough friends through break-ups, crises and bitch fights to ever take one side over another. The idea that Nan shouldn't behave a certain way because she grew up with money so clearly having emotional problems is not allowed is BS in my opinion. While she's unpleasant, I sympathised with the underlying reasons. I won't champion her because she made life difficult not only for Blaire with some unbecoming behaviour but equally for herself but I challenge anyone to grow up like she did and not have issues (especially knowing more of the story in Never Too Far).

The myriad of emotions I went through reading this book has made it all the more unforgettable. Throughout the book we are given hints to a family mystery and while I confess I did work it out pretty early, it didn't lessen the impact of the gut punch I felt as Blaire's world came crashing down. I was bereft as Blaire's chance of happiness seemed to have ended before it even began and I immediately reached for NEVER TOO FAR to find out what happened next. Well after I made a stop at the cupcake store to comfort myself and wail like a banshee.

I did have one issue with the book and I don't want to sound like a PSA but I couldn't let it go without referring to it. Blaire and Rush's indifferent attitude to contraception bothered me. At first they use it but then are so caught up in their love making they neglect to use a condom. This I can reconcile with as it happens, it's not big or clever but it *can* happen. However another instance where Rush actively encourages not using a condom bothered me. Its 2013, even if you've been tested, it's still not cool. That was my one gripe and I had to get it out there.

FALLEN TOO FAR was addictive, compelling, romantic and gave me major FEELS. I adored every minute and ached to pick the book up on the rare occasions that work/eating/showering meant I had to abandon it most unwillingly. I'm in love with Rosemary Beach series and cannot wait to read more. Abbi Glines, I am firmly your fangirl and you are firmly my guiding light in the murky waters of New Adult fiction! High five girlfriend!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!!, 25 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Fallen Too Far (Kindle Edition)
Read this book from start to finish in 2 hours and could not put down..absolutely brilliant! The ending almost had me in tears, so glad a follow up is out in the new year!

2.0 out of 5 stars ok but I thought it showed women in a poor light, 24 April 2013
This review is from: Fallen Too Far (Kindle Edition)
The story was ok bit unbelievable and usual girl meets boy thing. My main problem was that all the female characters were weak, shallow or mean. Bethy needs male attention to feel valued, Nan is just shallow, rich and bitchy and the mother who is only in fleetingly takes back a cheating partner.The lead character wasn't too bad but others have described her as feisty and fun I'd say more like boring and naive. It seemed very much like men say jump and women say how high. Not a very good moral for young women. I've heard this is one of abbi glines weaker books and I'm unsure whether to try another by this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you haven't read any books by Abbi Glines yet, then you are missing out, 12 Sept. 2013
Originally posted on[...]
I honestly can't get enough of Abbi Glines' books. I love them so much that I actually tried to analyse this one to see what it was that made me practically inhale them. Starting with the first chapter, Abbi had me hooked when I realised Blaire's mother and father were obviously separated and Blaire's dad was living a life of luxury while his daughter struggled to make ends meet. I got all that in the first paragraph and needed to know more. On looking closely at the first chapter, I realised it was a perfect blend of dialogue, setting, action, emotion and exposition. Seriously! I actually highlighted the parts to see and it was an even mixture! No wonder I can't stop reading these books!

The characters hold your hearts string straight away. Blaire has a gentle toughness surrounding her like a fragile egg shell, that is easily broken. She is innocent when it comes to guys, similar to many of Abbi's female leads, but she knows she wants to lose that innocence as quickly as she can. Rush is a total jerk to begin with, but hot with it. As the story progresses I became a huge fan of Rush's and I look forward to meeting him again in the following two books.

The story has a surprising twist at the end. I knew there had to be something not quite right about Nan, but I wasn't expecting it to be what it was. I was also really shocked at where the characters were left at the end of the book.

Normally I would have issues with a relationship involving two step siblings, but I was enjoying the romance so much, it kind of flew over my head. Blane and Rush didn't know each other; they hadn't grown up together so I didn't feel they had to act like brother and sister. The sexual tension between these two characters, who both knew they should stay away from each other, was mind blowing. I'll say it again as I've said before, Abbi knows how to write hot male characters that have you swooning.

The secondary characters really come to life in this book. Woods turns out to be a Marcus style character, which Abbi brought to life in the Sea Breeze series. I really like Grant and I seriously hope he will be reappearing in the other two books. Bethy made me giggle - she came across as hot, white trash and I loved her for it.

This series is now running head to head with the Sea Breeze one for me, as I struggle to work how which I love the best! It might have to be a tie.

If you haven't read any books by Abbi Glines yet, then you are missing out. Buy every single one of them and take them on holiday with you. I promise you will read the lot by the time you come back.

5.0 out of 5 stars awesome series, 27 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Fallen Too Far (Paperback)
Blaire's life changes in an instant when her mother dies. After a life of heartache Blaire feels more alone than ever. With no other choice, Blaire sells her home to pay off the medical bills and turns to her absent father for help. Help leads her to a sprawling beach house on the Florida coast. Only, when she arrives it isn't her father who lives there, it is Rush, her new stepbrother.

Rush Finlay is the son of a rockstar and has everything he could ever want. Arrogant and sexy as hell, Blaire can't help but be drawn into his raw magnetism. In a rare compassionate moment, Rush helps Blaire and agrees to let her stay with him until her father returns.

The more time Rush and Blaire spend together, the harder it is to deny the ever mounting sexual tension between them. But even though there is desire and even emotional feelings there, too many things stand between the pair to let them fall into each other. First there is Nanette, Rush's younger sister who has him wrapped around her little finger. Then there is the monetary division Blaire sees every time she steps into his world. But worst of all is the secrets that everyone seems to know apart from Blaire.

This book passed me by in a blur of heated glances, passionate encounters and plot twists. I love Abbi Glines and her books never fail to completely draw me in. Fallen Too Far is a brilliant start to what is sure to be an addictive series.

Blaire was a very likable character and the more she tried to take on the world alone the more I just wanted to give her a cuddle! She and Rush are very sympathetic and I foresee every reader cheering for them both.

Not to be missed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fallen Too Far, 7 July 2013
This review is from: Fallen Too Far (Paperback)
Unfortunately, Fallen Too Far doesn't really have much of a plot; not a substantial one anyway. The beginning of the book sees protagonist Blaire without a home and roughly $20 to her name. She has a small case of clothes, a gun and her truck but no one she can really turn to and trust. After her mother's death, she is forced to move in with her estranged father who left her mother for another woman. Needless to say, Blaire isn't his biggest fan. When she turns up at his house, he isn't their but her new step-brother is. Most of the book follows Blaire as she steps into a completely new world and tried not to fall for her step-brother.

However, I did have pretty mixed feelings about Rush. While he was pretty damn sexy in ways of his tattoos and piercings, there wasn't much to him. He was shallow, self-centred for the most part and likes to sleep around. Even though I hated these parts of his character, he did have one or two slightly redeeming qualities which are explained later on in the book. I just wish there had been a lot more depth to Rush as I really wanted to like him a lot more.

Blaire was a much more likeable character although again, she had her own problems. Blaire isn't used to the kind of life that Rush leads because she isn't rich and can't just do whatever she wants. She's tough, knows how to handle herself and generally doesn't let anyone walk all over her and these were the qualities that I loved about Blaire. She has had a pretty rough time of it with looking after her sick mother and I really did want her to catch a break and for things to get better. At least she did well getting a job that paid well and gave her a lot more independence.

As a girl with little experience outside of her own life and with guys, I did find Blaire to be quite naïve at times and this definitely affected her relationship with Rush. As the more experienced of the two, he had the ball in his court every single step of the way. He knew exactly how to play Blaire and how to get what he wanted out of her. At the same time though, Blaire did know what she was getting herself into after seeing the kinds of things that Rush got up to. The romance aspect of this book just didn't completely do it for me, even with some pretty steamy sex scenes. These were slightly ruined by the lack of thought put into the content. As a book aimed at older teens/ early 20s, unprotected sex should not have happened in my eyes. I don't think that this promotes healthy and safe relationships especially as there wasn't even talk of the morning after pill afterwards.

While there are a few small shocks throughout the book, it was mostly just full of shallow characters who thought they could throw money at their problems. There were only a couple of good aspects for me and it certainly wasn't as good as The Vincent Boys which was a book from the same author that I loved completely. Even though I wasn't in love with this book, I will still read others by Abbi Glines with the hope that it was just this one I didn't like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fallen too far..., 6 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Fallen Too Far (Paperback)
When I purchased this book I hadn't realised it was part of a series so was a little shocked when I got to the end and there was a cliff-hanger, nevertheless, I loved it!

I was gripped from the very beginning and read the whole thing in one sitting. There are some rather steamy sex scenes in this book but there is much more to this story than just that, and I'm pretty certain any girl that reads this will end up with a Rush Crush :) I loved the twist at the end and the story didn't pan out how I thought it would which was a pleasant surprise! (I just assumed it would be a happily ever after like most romance novels but this was far from it!!!) I felt desperately sorry for Blaire at the end of this book and could only imagine how alone she must have felt.

I can't wait to get my hands on `Never too far' after reading a snippet of what's to come.

Loved, Loved LOVED this book and desperately hoping book 2 is released on paperback just as soon as the kindle version!! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars An emotional and sexy read. Loved it., 14 Jun. 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fallen Too Far (Kindle Edition)
Sigh I can't help it there is something about Abbi Gline's writing that I really do enjoy. She's one of those writers that her characters engage with you straight away and no matter what you really think of them the story has you hooked and you are drawn along for a pretty darn fine ride.

She does it again with Rush and Blaire. Blaire has that air about her that is innocent, naive, thoughtful to others and just a good all round girl. Rush, he's an arrogant git who dismisses her straight away (but there's a reason) and when she ends up sleeping where she does because of him I felt so sorry for her. Life has dealt her some pretty low blows and it would seem that being dealt them isn't over yet.

You can't help but route for the HEA in Abbi's book, she spins such a heady tale that you don't know if they are going to get it and what the punch to the gut is, i.e. the secret that surrounds Nan and wow wasn't expecting that at all!

Can't wait to hit book 2 and see what happens next, Abbi is one of those authors that I really don't mind reading a series or trilogy with because I know the next book is going to rock as good as the previous. She doesn't know how to draw out text like other authors annoyingly do to make the books last longer and for that I am eternally greatful. She just writes a damn fine romance and all of it is paramount and great entertainment whether it be a standalone or part of series and because of that I am a huge fan of her work.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 STARS Book 1 of 2, 16 Feb. 2013
In My Honest Opinion (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Fallen Too Far (Kindle Edition)
When this book was first released and I read the story concludes in another book, I was very annoyed at Abbi Glines for going down that path. So many authors are doing this now, but I think it is just greedy and taking advantage of readers. I said to myself I would read it once the next book was out. However, I'm having a reading lull and saw that this book was on offer for 77p, so decided to read it seeing as it's not long until the next book.

Abbi Glines novels are easy to read. I read this in one go and it didn't take that long. I do like her style of writing but her books have a forumula and this one follows the same as all the others.

The hero is a man whore and the heroine sees him having sex with other women twice. She's a virgin but one look at the bad boy hero and she's ready to jump into bed with him where she will have multiple orgasms and he will have the best sex he has ever had and for the first time ever he will decide not to wear a condom and even though the heroine was a virgin, he will put her at risk of pregnancy and then ask 'are you on the pill'?!

I quite liked the heroine Blaire but I wasn't so keen on the hero Rush and especially near the end of the book, I got quite put off by his reactions! Again, they hardly get to know each other before they have fallen into bed and fallen in love.

I can understand the mixed reviews about this book, but I did find it an easy read and enjoyed it. I just hope this will be the last time Abbi Glines spreads a story over two books.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!!, 3 Jan. 2013
This review is from: Fallen Too Far (Kindle Edition)
omg what a brilliant story !! read it all in 3 hours!!! cant wait for next one :D i want rush myself haha well done abbi !! keep them coming :) xx

Fallen Too Far
Fallen Too Far by Abbi Glines (Paperback - 4 July 2013)