4.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Heart Hugging story
I loved this book. It was well written,so full of tongue twisting one liners that I laughed out loud. Jude and Lucy were both believable and likable characters. Loved the zip scene in the school closet!
Published on 29 Nov 2012 by sarahtoes

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh. This book was kinda ridiculous at times.
I'd heard lots of good things about Crash, so I purchased it for my Kindle and couldn't wait so start reading it! You might have heard that this book that this book is very similar to Beautiful Disaster. In my opinion, this book has nothing on Beautiful Disaster and I'll tell you why.

1. There were typos all over the place which was very distracting, and I had...
Published on 24 Sep 2012 by Tasnim

4.0 out of 5 stars Wow! Heart Hugging story, 29 Nov 2012
This review is from: Crash (Kindle Edition)
This was no Beautiful Disaster but don't let that put you off. The scenes between Jude and Lucy are so heartfelt and honest this is a wonderful story about young love.

So why only 4 *s? (SPOILER ALERT) Well, even though this was a great love story and Jude was extremely protective over Lucy, I couldn't understand how he would let her go out with Sawyer for six months, especially when he knew what Sawyer had done. This just didn't seem to run true with Jude's character.

2.0 out of 5 stars Meh. This book was kinda ridiculous at times., 24 Sep 2012
This review is from: CRASH (Kindle Edition)

1. There were typos all over the place which was very distracting, and I had to keep going back to re-read the sentences until it made sense.

2. The characters - I didn't connect with the characters AT ALL. I don't know what it was, or how to explain it, but I just didn't really feel for the characters so I didn't like the story. I didn't think Jude was actually a bad boy. He just seemed like a petty criminal to me who did extremely stupid things. Don't even get me started on Lucy. She wasn't likeable at all and the things she did really frustrated me. She's nearly burnt alive, her hair is burnt off, she's doused in gasoline, but the thing she's most upset about is that he never rang?! Errr.... HELLO!!!????...PACK YOUR BAGS AND GET AWAY FROM THIS BOY!!!!

This is what you should have been doing Lucy!

Then it got even more ridiculous. She follows her boyfriend, because another boy who wants to get into her pants convinced her that he was cheating on her. This is the important part. Are you ready?... She sees him hug another girl, who by the way was carrying a baby, and he hands a bag of nappies over to her. OHHHHH!! That has to mean he's definitely cheating!!! There can't be any other explanation for it! There's no way they could just be friends because he goes in the trailer with her!!! A Boy would NEVER go inside a girls house if they were just friends would he?! ARGH! I knew how it was going to play out out as soon as she jumped to her conclusions. It was so blatantly obvious to everyone but Lucy clearly.

I didn't find the story believable, and I also didn't like the characters. Did I mention that this 'bad boy' didn't want to have sex with Lucy because he thought 'she deserved better,' despite Lucy's many attempts at practically throwing herself on him and shoving her hands down his boxers at every opportunity she got.

4.0 out of 5 stars For a high school romance this is a deep read, thoroughly enjoyable., 14 July 2013
An avid reader. - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Crash (Kindle Edition)
I'll say it again for a high school romance this is a deep, thoroughly enjoyable read. Much more than what I was expecting, it was easy to get caught up with Jude and Lucy and follow their path of discovery with each other and what a discovery it was! I don't feel I can say a five star read because although the supporting cast was great I felt sometimes they didn't add that much to the story. I get why her mum and dad where like they were but it wasn't until Lucy and her dad visited John that I finally felt I connected with him and his conversation with her then made his personality shine through. I also struggled a little with Lucy and her dancing, for someone absolutely fanatical about dancing and getting in Julliard I really didn't get it when she didn't open the envelope for so long. There was also only the one major dance scene throughout but the cover depicts ballet was going to be the centre of the story, it just didn't feel like that to me.

This was a great read, felt a lot more adult than just about high school kids, if I'd have realised that I would have read it a lot sooner. Looking forward to seeing where their story can go from here, but I do worry that we may have had the best of them in this book, I sincerely hope not.

4.0 out of 5 stars 3.5 Stars & Rounding up!, 14 Aug 2012
This review is from: CRASH (Kindle Edition)
Oh the broken Hero that needs fixing. It's always going to appeal to the in built nature of the female psyche. And here you have it, all packaged in a large perfectly gorgeous 17 year old boy man. Jude has had it so bad for so long, you have to feel deeply sorry for this broken soul.
Older than his years and full of rage against the world, he keeps his heart guarded against any and all who might threaten it again. But of course he hasn't a hope in hell's chance when he meets Lucy, who's entire mission and focus is to fix the broken and make right the wrongs.
Lucy is beautiful and talented and not without her own personal traumatic past.
And so they come together, Judes violent and disturbing life crashes into Lucy's with a rather harrowing and shocking scene.
It's another compelling read that wont let you go in a hurry. I'm glad I read it

4.0 out of 5 stars A compelling story which I couldn't put down!, 19 Oct 2014
This review is from: Crash (Paperback)
I didn't want to like this book as much as I did. The possessive, 'bad boy' Jude is someone all girls should run from… screaming. I just wanted to shake Lucy every time she went back to him!

Despite this, I could not stop reading. Caught up in the story which blasted out waves of fury, passion, anger and beauty, I was left emotionally drained but still wanting more.

3.0 out of 5 stars It was ok, 13 Mar 2014
This review is from: Crash (Kindle Edition)
I thought it was going to be better than it ends up being. Very rushed story, months passed between chapters. Not enough revelation about their backgrounds until the end which didn't flow well. Ok book for teens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing., 28 Dec 2013
This review is from: CRASH (Kindle Edition)
I have read crash and crush and I love them to bits. I do recommend it, it's a very good book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 16 Dec 2013
4.5/5
[...]
In Short
- I loved getting to know about Lucy and her life.
- I found the relationships in this book all really interesting and loved watching them develop.
- The storyline stayed interesting throughout the book with a few twists.

In Long
Nicole Williams is an author who I have wanted to read a book by for ages. When I received the Crash series for review I can't tell you how excited I was to start reading them. After being told how awesome the series was by Jess from Jess Hearts Books I couldn't resist Crash any more.

Within the first chapter I was drawn into Lucy's world. I was really intrigued by her, although her life was difficult it hadn't always been and I really admired her for adapting to her new life and the new struggles she was going through.

Jude's character is one which I fell in love with straight away. I don't know what it is about a bad boy with attitude but they always seem to win me over very quickly. Even more so when they show a side soft to themselves to prove they aren't all bad.

As well as Jude's and Lucy's characters there are plenty of other characters in this book which are all developed really well and added to the story. I really found Lucy's relationship with her mother interesting to read as well as her and her dad's relationship.

Sometimes with books like Crash the author creates these amazing characters but fails when it comes to the storyline. Crash was definitely not a victim of lacking storyline, there are a few twists throughout the book which really add entertainment value to the book.

Final Thoughts
Crash was just the sort of book which I was in the mood for; I couldn't have been more pleased that I picked this out from my massive TBR pile(s). If you're looking for a YA romantic read which involves a bad boy then this book is for you!

4.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down, 11 Sep 2013
This review is from: Crash (Kindle Edition)
I danced until the sun set and the sky grew dark. I danced until I tore through the same CD three times. I danced until I'd chugged down two liters of water. But no matter how hard I danced, or how intensely I concentrated on perfecting each and every step, I never stopped thinking about Jude.'

---My thoughts---

I got this book as a Kindle Edition for around £2.50 on Amazon, because after reading the description I thought the story sounded interesting. My judgement proved to be true; I read the book in three days and it gripped me from the start. The mystery surrounding Lucy's own past was already interesting, but throw the enigma of Jude into the mix, and it makes for a truly engaging story.

This definitely wasn't your typical high school romance; this had true value and real mystery behind the characters. The chemistry between Lucy and Jude is unmistakable from their very first meeting, and I could tell that something was going to grow between them.

I admired Lucy's character, she had a sense of self respect and doesn't allow Jude to own her and tell her what to do. He's very over-protective and jealous, which I sometimes found to be a bit too much, but we know that it's because he truly loves her and doesn't want anything to happen to her. He's guilty of jumping to conclusions and misjudging a situation; but then, they're both as bad as each other. They both have trust issues, they're both afraid of being hurt, but there's no mistaking their feelings for each other, and it makes for a beautiful relationship.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Crash (Paperback)
For Lucy Larson, starting a new school for senior year is just the latest in a crap hand life has dealt her. Her family lost their money, her brother was killed and her parents are pretty much nonexistent. Southpointe High is a world away from the private school she left behind. Metal detectors and drug deals are par for the course.

But then Jude Ryder falls into her life. Jude with his cocky attitude, short-fused temper and liquid silver eyes. Lucy knows she should stay away from him. Jude himself tells her so, as does the rest of the student body, cops and of course her mother. But Lucy sees something in him vulnerable and knows he expects everything in his life to turn out s***ty. Seeing someone walk away from him is an old trick for Jude and he figures eventually Lucy will be no different.

On paper there is no less likely a couple. Lucy with her promising dance future and Jude with his lengthy rap sheet. But together they join to make one, beautiful whole. No one makes Lucy feel the things Jude does and for Lucy, Jude wants to be a better man.

There are a mountain of problems waiting to tumble down on the couple. Their peers, parents and the secrets Jude holds close to his chest.

Okay, before I go all fan-girl on this book and gush about just how incredible it is, let me just say this - Crash is the book that will make you fall in love with NA. Jude Ryder is one of the most compelling characters I have ever read (yes, even Travis from Beautiful Disaster) and I quite simply could not get enough.

Crash is one of those totally rare books where you mourn the ending just because it is the end. Good thing this is a trilogy and re-reading old favourites is one of my most favoured past times.

What I really liked about this book was that it wasn't insta-love. Insta-attraction, definitely. But it took a while for Lucy to not only admit her feelings, but also to let herself feel them, knowing they would probably be her downfall. Lucy is a sassy character that riles Jude up faster than nothing else. I loved how the pair fed off each other (much to each other's chagrin) and how she didn't bow down to him (girl power!)

Crash was full of real problems and realistic scenarios and overall it was really believable. 5 Easy Stars.

Crash
Crash by Nicole Williams (Paperback - 6 Jun 2013)