5.0 out of 5 stars I love Travis
This is the story of Abby and Travis, which we already know from Beautiful Disaster, the first in the series. However, one major difference is that the story is told from Travis’s point of view, with him narrating the whole thing.

Although it is basically a retelling of the Beautiful Disaster story, the fact that we get to experience Travis’s...
Published 3 months ago by Erin's Choice

3.0 out of 5 stars Too long a wait......
Waiting 8 months for this book was torture & I'm not sure if that made my expectations too high. I enjoyed it but as it was the exact same story told entirely told from Travis's POV I'm not sure it worked for me. Didn't like the epilogue AT ALL was way too far fetched overall definitely worth a read but personally I was disappointed.
Published 12 months ago by Poptart

‹ Previous | 150 51 52 53 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 2 April 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
I've been waiting for this book to come out and I was not disappointed it was absolutely fantastic and it was really lovely to find out what happens further in the future from beautiful disaster I loved to find out what happens 11 years later

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing to be honest, 3 April 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed Beautiful Disaster but I have struggled to finish Walking Disaster. I re-read BD before reading WD and there is so much duplication I felt a bit "ripped off" having to pay again for what was a re-hash of the first book. Ok it is from Travis's POV, but there is not much substance behind it and having read BD the day before, I felt I was reading the same book again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 April 2013
nic (unstone,UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
Everything beautiful disaster was an more. Such a touching story I Loved every second of it. Fingers crossed we get lots more from Jamie.

5.0 out of 5 stars I loved this as much as the first, just a fantastic story, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
I loved this as much as the first, just a fantastic story. The first one is slightly better and you would need to read that one first or some parts of this book will not make sense, but I loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Walking Disaster., 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Beautiful 2) (Paperback)
The other side of this demanding love story was just as good as the first book, you read it through Travis eyes.!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Pigeon, 20 Aug 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Beautiful 2) (Paperback)
I loved this book so much more than the original Beautiful Disaster, even though as soon as I put the first book down I was on Amazon ordering this within half an hour. It's from the POV of Travis and shows a much more intimate look at his world and his feelings for his pigeon.
I loved this book because it explained everything the first book didn't in terms of his behaviour because I found the female POV to be very disorganised and judgemental, plus I found her character to be a little annoying but still the plot was really good. Still Beautiful Disaster is still a good book!
I personally loved this because you discover the before of Travis's life with his mother during a very heartbreaking prologue and then the story unfolds with his love interest. The story is almost identical, except for scenes with his family and his room mate which I really enjoyed. When Travis is around his family, he's like a different person, very open, sweet and loveable despite his hard exterior.
I particularly enjoyed the epilogue when we find out what happens after the end of the first book. I loved this bit, I'm always the type to know more than just the Happy Ever After.
Beautiful love story form a male perspective, which considering was written by a woman is pretty damn awesome. The male POV is refreshing as it isn't all that common in romance novels.
Loved it. Worth paying for it and you will love it too. Buy it if you loved the first one!

5.0 out of 5 stars wow :-), 6 Aug 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
I think I loved Travis' view in this book more than Beautiful Disaster...shock, I know, but its true.
This version of the story for Travis' POV I found was more....just more. I just felt it, and I was really good to see the other side of the roller coaster that is Abby and Travis, I also loved how the Epilogue went further and showed you how they ended up and I am so glad that they got the ending they deserved.
Much Love to Jamie McGuire who wrote this beautiful story.

3.0 out of 5 stars :-( where did our Travis go????, 16 April 2013
Joint Review by Dawn, Donna and Willow 3 Stars

It's true, we'll admit it, we've been putting off reviewing Walking Disaster. Why? I know a lot of people will disagree but well we were a bit disappointed.

We all loved Beautiful Disaster and so were looking forward to reading it from Travis' point of view. As we waited so long and the book was obviously already mapped out from Beautiful Disaster, we had hoped for new scenes and insights into Travis and what he did when he was apart from Pidge.

Unfortunately it seemed there were hardly any new scenes. Ok so we still got Travis' POV on scenes we all know, but actually we felt he wasn't the Travis we all know. We felt it didn't have the passion we expected from him, he seemed a different person and that was a big disappointment.

The epilogue sparked some disagreement between us. Dawn enjoyed the Epilogue, while Willow had some real issues with it and Donna felt it was rushed. (Unfortunately we can't really discuss that here, but if you pop over to our forum page and the spoiler section we can discuss it there!)

For a book we thought that we wouldn't be able to put down, it was surprisingly easy to. Willow found that at times she was getting bored and Dawn questioned whether this was because we knew most of what was going to happen, but that wasn't it. Maybe it's because we had waited so long, the book had so much hype and Beautiful Disaster was such a good book, that we had higher than high expectations but in the words of Donna "I've never felt so let down from a sequel"

Beautiful Disaster is a must read, but we hate to say it, this one just isn't as good.

[...]

4.0 out of 5 stars Walking Disaster is a 'companion novel' and a great addition to the overall workings of the story., 13 April 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Kindle Edition)
Just finished Walking Disaster. I thoroughly enjoyed it although some parts were incredibly choppy in places. This isn't a standalone novel, it's a companion to the first book and must be read as such.

Full review to follow...

BOOK REVIEW - Walking Disaster (Beautiful #2) - Jamie McGuire

I think I am right in saying that Walking Disaster is a fan's book, created solely to give us avid readers a new angle on an `old' favourite that was, `Beautiful Disaster'.

Well... alright, Beautiful Disaster is not an `old' book at all, but it was one of the first `Indie' based books that I ever read and so for that reason alone, it will remain in my favourite book list for a very long time. So, when it was announced many months ago that Travis `Mad Dog' Maddox was going to get his say, I was euphoric, because he is the one that started it all. Travis was `my' instigator, he gave birth to the mass craze of college bad-boy - the tattooed, Harley riding, promiscuous Sig Tau that finally discovered what it was to fall in love, that had us girls in a tizzy the world over and what gave Jamie McGuire her giant leap onto the International Bestseller extraordinaire list.

The storyline is the same, but to jump into those loaded leather boots and delve deep into the mind of one of the most notorious `book boyfriend's' of modern times was not only a literary delicacy, it provided closure to what I believe, is a `noughty's' contemporary `young adult' romance classic.

So, why the 4 stars?

Well, it was for a few reasons. Firstly, I found some of the scenes rather choppy, hence my earlier statement that this book is a `companion' to Beautiful Disaster, it is not a standalone read and although I had read Beautiful Disaster, I still found myself racking my brain to help fill in some of those missing gaps.

Secondly, I felt frustrated with Abby. I know... I know... that's partly the point of this story, but she came across so damn cold in this version that I felt like shaking her! At times it felt I was reading about a different person. Travis painted her a goddess on a figurative pedestal and yet all she gave him was grief. Some of it was justified, I agree, but not all.

And, how many times did Travis use the term, `bagged or bagging,' I hated it. I don't remember it being used so prominently in Beautiful Disaster. Yet, I can still forgive all those things, because Travis isn't perfect, he's the kind of guy who would have broken my heart in college and not thought twice about it, but it's true ladies; We ALL love the bad-boy.

The Vegas scene was so much more enjoyable this time around, as was the basement fire. Travis' sheer determination to find the woman he loves in confines of thick smoke was admirable and had me gripping the edge of my seat. The break-up was a sheer colossal drop on the emotional roller-coaster, my goodness, the devastation that resonated from that man was palpable and had me `almost' throwing my kindle against the wall (hence my Abby frustration), but it was the Epilogue. HOLY HELL! That Epilogue made this book for me. I didn't expect it to take us 11 years into the future, and wow... that's all I'm saying.

And yet, to move forward with this story in its full entirety; we had to go back... prepare yourself people, the Prologue was tough, and I don't mean flailing arms and bloody noses in the boxing ring tough, I mean grab your Kleenex, call your Mum and tell her you `love' her, tough!

Shepley played a more prominent part in this version, being Travis' book, it was expected and the dialogue between those boys, at times, was brilliant. Shepley played his part of `mediator' well. He calmed Travis when his temper flared and provided management when it was time to enter the fighting ring. He gave great advice and was the only person who could `safely' present Travis with a few home truths when he needed to hear them. Besides Abby, Shepley was Travis' rock and the bro-love between them proved a pleasant insight to the overall workings of this story.

Travis' inner musings were laugh out loud beauty, with some fair-points made in the process. The real treat for me though was Trenton Maddox. I loved his character and would like to see him get his own book in the not too distant future. Yes Jamie McGuire, I am talking to you!! ;)

Travis Maddox fans need to read this, if anything, it's worth it just to see how that man ticks and what made this book such a refreshing read. It's not often we get the guy's POV, so just for that reason alone, PICK THIS UP! You won't be disappointed.

4- Stars.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just walk away it is a DISASTER, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Walking Disaster (Beautiful 2) (Paperback)
I like so many otheres loved beautiful disaster,and could not wait to read walking disaster. I understood going in that it was written in the same time line as BD but from travis point of view, but I did expect more than just BD all over again it is the same book except for the odd word here and there being changed. Yes we got the part about his mom at the start, and what would not have amounted to a chapter of all the things we didnt know.In fact some of the importent things that happend in BD were glossed over in this one with a few words, where in BD they made a full chapter. and the ending please where did ms McGuire get that from I thought a few pages had got stuck together and I was reading a sneck peck at her new book it was so off the wall. All in all as true travis and abby fans I think we should have gotton a better book, after all the hype if this is what she was always going to write she should have just gave us the great book that was Beautiful Disaster and left it at that. You would think one of the people she thanks at the end off the book would have said to her, this might upset some of your fans. When all is said and done she should have just left this alone.

‹ Previous | 150 51 52 53 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xb443a0a8)

Walking Disaster (Beautiful 2)
Walking Disaster (Beautiful 2) by Jamie McGuire (Paperback - 2 April 2013)
4.94