5.0 out of 5 stars By far the most moving book I've read in a long time
I very rarely pay for books on my kindle as I find there are so many good free ones available but am so glad I downloaded this one! By far the most moving book I've read in a long time although very uncomfortable/shocking at times.
Tina is completely honest throughout helping the reader to understand how he manipulated her so that she did not believe she had any...
Published on 30 Oct. 2012 by Deepee

3.0 out of 5 stars Out of the Darkness
Found this book very sad - the victim was so overcome by her love for this man that she could not believe his actions were not her fault.
Published on 12 Mar. 2013 by goldie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars horrendous suffering, 20 April 2013
This review is from: Out of the Darkness (Paperback)
I was surprised when reading this book that the author had managed to present a convincing account of her escalating terror and complete inability to escape from her abusive boyfriend. To her it seems he was omnipotent and utterly relentless in his pursuit and control of her.

This chilling account of domestic abuse is difficult to read and it is my sincere hope that there will be people who by reading this book are motivated to escape similar situations before their lives and those of their children are devastated by violence.

4.0 out of 5 stars A very easy read, gripping and frustrating, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Out of the Darkness (Paperback)
This was a true story, which got me very angry and frustrated with Tina, why stay with such an animal, so gripping I read it all in one day

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 12 Aug. 2013
Mrs. Kelly Holmes (crawley UK) - See all my reviews
I saw Tina Nash on This Morning recently and knew then I had to read her book. I downloaded it and couldn't put it down! At times I wanted to shake her then I wanted to hug her and by the end I would just like to tell her what an amazing woman she is! The book was sometimes hard to read as it was quite graphic about what that s##tbag did to her but I had to continue to the end.
What an inspirational lady for her children. Cannot recommend this book enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very moving and riveting read., 22 Feb. 2013
Abbafan1972 (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Out of the Darkness (Paperback)
This book really is a shocking but fantastic read. I was really moved by it and felt I was there in the room with Tina the way she describes everything. I had tears in my eyes for a lot of it. I read some of the book at every available opportunity, as I couldn't put it down. Only Tina herself knows the reasons why she stayed with him, and I really do wish her all the best for the future. Would definitely recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Out of the Darkness (Paperback)
A fantastic, gipping read. Gives a great insight into a DV victims life and their entrapment in the relationship. Tina suffers a horrific brutal attack, but readers will also experience her vulnerability leading to the relationship, the need to be loved by the man she suffers her attacks from and the controlling side to a DV relationship.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant ! brilliant !, 15 July 2014
What a truly amazing lady and what she went through.
Well worth a read only took me a day. I couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars My heart goes out to Tina, 17 Jun. 2014
This is an excellent book and I have re-read it several times. I remember reading the headlines in the paper at the time the incident occurred and feeling absolutely horrified. Tina's story is very well written and really captures the essence and dynamics of domestic violence, especially the hold that the perpetrator had on her, making it so very difficult for her to break free. The violence that she experienced was truly horrific and my heart goes out to Tina for the courage she has shown in coming to terms with her devastating injuries and her determination to rebuild her life.

5.0 out of 5 stars How can one human being do this to another?!!!, 9 April 2014
While i questioned why Tina didn't leave this man a long time ago (how could she possibly let him stay in her life when she had her two children living with her) - she kept saying how he would never hurt her children, but the mere fact the children were living with all this going on will have lasting effects on them - i am appalled at what this man did to her and cannot even begin to imagine the suffering she has been through - anyway, back to the book, i think it has been brilliantly written and i had so much trouble putting it down, i read it in two sittings. Tina - no-one should ever have to go through what you went through and i hope they keep this "man" locked up forever for what he did to you. You have shown courage and strength and i really hope you go on to have the best life you possible can because you deserve it after everything this "man" put you through. Very best wishes - another Tina.

5.0 out of 5 stars You are so strong tina, 8 Feb. 2014
I have just come out of an abusive relationship but nothing as horrific as what Tina went through. I understand why you clung onto the bit of kindness he showed you, as they chip away at your confidence so you have none. I know a blind person who Has an extremely fulfilling life. You may not be able to see your boys but fill your world with their stories and laughter. I wish you a happy life like you said we onl

y have one, so live it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Felt sick reading, 2 Feb. 2014
Bought this book and read it last night, shocking what a human being can do to another human being it's actually quite disturbing...and for what ...love? No control

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 410 | Next ›

Out of the Darkness
Out of the Darkness by Tina Nash (Paperback - 25 Oct. 2012)